1.5K     4 
News   Jul 19, 2024
 592     1 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why not?

Why are you posting so little?

Haha! That is the true spirit of this thread!

This thread is weird without Robbie news. When he comes back though, oh man...

Yes. Most of us are jonesing (groan, sorry) for the next "Rob Ford Does Thing"* headline. It'll be a strange mix of thrill over whatever his new awfulness is and horror/nausea over the ongoing trainwreck.

* deadspin.com used to have "Mario Balotelli Does Thing" as a running gag headline for each new story about the very talented but sometimes crazy Italian soccer player. Maybe it will come back during the World Cup.

cat.jpg

Attachments

• cat.jpg
    cat.jpg
    9.7 KB · Views: 753
Pet insurance is worth every penny!

Honestly I've always suspected that pet insurance companies will do everything possible to avoid paying claims when a pet actually gets sick so I've taken an alternate approach. I set up a separate high interest savings account which I transfer a small amount of money to every pay period (probably no more than a person would pay monthly in pet insurance premiums). It's earmarked for vet bills and I pretend in my head that it doesn't exist. My cat now has more money saved than many people I know.

It will always be available, there will never be a "denied" claim, I have full control over it and if my cat was to die suddenly tomorrow the money wouldn't go towards an insurance company's profit margin.

Sorry off topic I know but we're sorta there anyway and I consider it useful advice generally.

Last edited:
Toronto is the 2014 Intelligent Community of the Year. Not sure why...

JProskowGlobal 9:52am via Twitter for iPhone
At my local polling station: a man upset that he can't vote for mayor today too.

Honestly I've always suspected that pet insurance companies will do everything possible to avoid paying claims when a pet actually gets sick so I've taken an alternate approach. I set up a separate interest savings account which I transfer a small amount of money to every pay period (probably no more than a person would pay monthly in pet insurance premiums). It's earmarked for vet bills and I pretend in my head that it doesn't exist. My cat now has more money saved than many people I know.

It will always be available, there will never be a "denied" claim, I have full control over it and if my cat was to die suddenly tomorrow the money wouldn't go towards an insurance company's profit margin.

Sorry off topic I know but we're sorta there anyway and I consider it useful advice generally.

They actually paid way more than I expected

I set up a separate interest savings account which I transfer a small amount of money to every pay period (probably no more than a person would pay monthly in pet insurance premiums). It's earmarked for vet bills and I pretend in my head that it doesn't exist. My cat now has more money saved than many people I know.

We do the same thing at my house. Another benefit is that, if you're lucky and don't need all the cash, you also have a reserve for other emergencies.

Honestly I've always suspected that pet insurance companies will do everything possible to avoid paying claims when a pet actually gets sick so I've taken an alternate approach. I set up a separate high interest savings account which I transfer a small amount of money to every pay period (probably no more than a person would pay monthly in pet insurance premiums). It's earmarked for vet bills and I pretend in my head that it doesn't exist. My cat now has more money saved than many people I know.

That is a great idea! I'm going to float it by my wife.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back