41     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 698     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 608     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't insult everyone on the thread. I said that if you can't feel empathy then you have a problem. I stand by that statement, but I'm not here to talk about empathy

I think the problem is that your definition sounds more like sympathy rather than empathy. Empathy is a little more than just realizing people have feelings, it's actually being able to see things from their perception.

Empathizing with Rob Ford is going to be a bit more difficult, as he almost certainly suffers from some Cluster B disorder(s), which means ironically enough that he lacks empathy.

I think the problem is that your definition sounds more like sympathy rather than empathy. Empathy is a little more than just realizing people have feelings, it's actually being able to see things from their perception.

Empathizing with Rob Ford is going to be a bit more difficult, as he almost certainly suffers from some Cluster B disorder(s), which means ironically enough that he lacks empathy.

I empathize that this is an important discussion for some people, and I sympathize with everyone else who has to keep reading about it.

Today is my birthday. I'm calling these results a gift.

rob ford cake captioned.jpg

happy birthday

Attachments

• rob ford cake captioned.jpg
    rob ford cake captioned.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 1,689
I wonder if any conservative operatives are pushing Ford to drop out and support Tory. Maybe by offering a budget chief role if Rob runs for his Ward 2 seat. Not that Rob would ever listen.

I wonder if any conservative operatives are pushing Ford to drop out and support Tory. Maybe by offering a budget chief role if Rob runs for his Ward 2 seat. Not that Rob would ever listen.

I've been wondering the same thing. You'd think the backroom guys have raised this point with the family. The addictions give Rob a relatively graceful exit ("I'm leaving to focus on my health and family" vs. "I totally screwed this pooch"). On the other hand, Rob was carrying on in one his wasted-rant recordings about how he'd rather lose to Chow than Tory. Maybe the backroom guys figure he's a lost cause and are concentrating on Tory, instead. After all, I can't imagine relations between Toronto conservative power-brokers and the Ford family are anything above frosty after the OPC's repudiation of Doug.

Last edited:

I wonder if Ford has become so toxic, that his endorsement would actually hurt Tory. It might be better for Tory if Ford Nation finds it's own way to him without RoFo's guidance.

As several people here have told me, lacking empathy isn't a problem, right? ;)

Can we stop talking about empathy now?

I didn't insult everyone on the thread. I said that if you can't feel empathy then you have a problem. I stand by that statement, but I'm not here to talk about empathy, I'm here to talk about Rob Ford. Feel free to PM me with how little you care about Rob Ford as a person or that you think pedophiles are not actually people. I won't read it, but it will save other people from having to sift through it when looking for discussion about Rob Ford.

As several people here have told me, lacking empathy isn't a problem, right? ;)

Do you seriously want us to stop talking about empathy (in which case, STFU about it yourself) or are you just here to troll?

Or is this one of those bullshit "if you don't allow bigotry then you're just as bad" arguments that equate being intolerant of intolerance with that same intolerance?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back