893     2 
News   Jul 18, 2024
 799     0 
News   Jul 18, 2024
 584     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agreed. I'm sure more than a few psychiatrists and psychologists are crossing Greenestone off their list of rehabs they refer patients to.

This was my prediction when he disappeared to Chicago.
At least Greenstone is run by a scumbag, so any negative PR is poetic justice.

((Has something happened with Heinz to do with Deco labels? Can't recall if that was something I may have read online or if in a grappa-induced stupor, something I may have overheard last nite?))

Did Deco maybe lose a major client and a ton of revenue with the closure/takeover of the Heinz plant? Or did Heinz decide it didn't want to be associated with Deco/Ford before then? Both seem unlikely.

Is that cake made from puréed puppies? Thuggie always looks like a serial killer to me. Someone really should mention to him that he just should not smile. Ever.

View attachment 27313

Am I the only one who thinks that that piece of shit looks exactly like he was drawn by Matt Groening? He seriously couldn't look more like a Simpsons character if we were yellower and had 4 fingers per hand.

Warning: Anticlimatic sleuthing tale...

Was out last night with a couple of basketball playing friends at a south Etobicoke resto when I heard there were two and not just one city Councillor dining there too: Grimes and Milczyn. Realized it only after a table of Chicago folk were introduced to Grimes' table (his poor wife looked...ridiculously tolerant of his political pontificating) and he started going on about another councillor being there. After the usual poli BS (are they all business card handing out ninjas or what?!?) the Chicago crew asked the (now) standard question: So what's the deal with Rob Ford?? Grimes repeated the query more loudly so Milczyn could hear and then the conversation dropped to levels I couldn't hear and the Deco name came up. ((Has something happened with Heinz to do with Deco labels? Can't recall if that was something I may have read online or if in a grappa-induced stupor, something I may have overheard last nite?))

My friends and I left the resto soon after and I could finally breathe outside after having had to bite my tongue in not getting involved in the convo...for fear of spouting something in a grappa stupor! Wish you had been there, primo sleuth #1 Kat...this tale wouldn't be so anticlimatic and likely more worth sharing here! ;)

Sounds like Via Allegro?

I haven't been able to get on the last few days but I have to do a media rant. First I watched Doug overtake Tory transit announcement by doing a scrum right during the announcement. I am not a huge Tory fan but for CP24 to skip the Tory announcement to go to Brother Doug announcement with zero information and of course lies (Skype mayor) When will they stop going to Doug for any information when he constantly and blatantly lied to them EVERY time.

What's worse is when the media repeats Doug's false analogies. For example on Tuesday, I think CP24 Nathon Downer was on city hall duty and was involved in a scrum. Doug of course does his normal "Rob popular policy but some personal things he needs to clean up" and Downer repeats "Yes Ford has had successful policy but can citizen trust him on his personal issue"

That is not TRUE, Ford lost his popularity in his first year, in his first budget. He hasn't been over 50% approval since his first year. That's why his approval rating didn't move much after the crack story, because it was already in the toilet. This idea that Ford was going to go onto an easy win if not for the crack scandal is totally false and even Ford knows it, which is why he pushed for the multi-opposition candidates to split the vote, because he knew he had no chance of winning 50% of the vote. Hell he knew in his first year that it's a stretch he would get 35% of the vote.

Warning: Anticlimatic sleuthing tale...

...edit...

My friends and I left the resto soon after and I could finally breathe outside after having had to bite my tongue in not getting involved in the convo...for fear of spouting something in a grappa stupor! Wish you had been there, primo sleuth #1 Kat...this tale wouldn't be so anticlimatic and likely more worth sharing here! ;)

Ha! I think you did a fine job. Don't know what I could do to make it more exciting. Maybe take a photo of them surreptitiously in the reflection of my spoon. ;)
92fs324634.jpg

when was the remarriage? That could also put a nail in the coffin of "Father Ford left school at age 10 to support that family". I doubt any dutiful parent wouldn't bother sending a kid to school at that age because they didn't do well. Dropping out at high school age is more believable/likely.

Dursely eh? Maybe Doug Sr had to live in a closet under the stairs.

Don't know yet when she remarried, but it was to Reginald T. Dursley. The Dursleys were buried in the same plot as Ernest & Henry Edsel in Mt. Pleasant Cemetery. No fancy grave marker, it's just the standard one I've seen war vets receive given Ernest was basically a pauper at his death.

No change at Edenbridge, still just the CR-V in the driveway. Where is Renata? Where is the Ford Escape? (for that matter, where is Rob's car?)

I peeked into Mama Fo's street for the first time today, and saw Randy. Gosh, he does always wear that hat, doesn't he? He was unloading his white Escalade. That street dead ends quicker than I thought, so you feel quite conspicuous, and the neighbours were out, too. All wondering what I'm doing in there street, no doubt. I took a pic of my rearview mirror after I turned my car around.
am7dQCi.jpg

Objects in mirror are closer than they appear
t-rexin.jpg

I haven't been able to get on the last few days but I have to do a media rant. First I watched Doug overtake Tory transit announcement by doing a scrum right during the announcement. I am not a huge Tory fan but for CP24 to skip the Tory announcement to go to Brother Doug announcement with zero information and of course lies (Skype mayor) When will they stop going to Doug for any information when he constantly and blatantly lied to them EVERY time.

What's worse is when the media repeats Doug's false analogies. For example on Tuesday, I think CP24 Nathon Downer was on city hall duty and was involved in a scrum. Doug of course does his normal "Rob popular policy but some personal things he needs to clean up" and Downer repeats "Yes Ford has had successful policy but can citizen trust him on his personal issue"

That is not TRUE, Ford lost his popularity in his first year, in his first budget. He hasn't been over 50% approval since his first year. That's why his approval rating didn't move much after the crack story, because it was already in the toilet. This idea that Ford was going to go onto an easy win if not for the crack scandal is totally false and even Ford knows it, which is why he pushed for the multi-opposition candidates to split the vote, because he knew he had no chance of winning 50% of the vote. Hell he knew in his first year that it's a stretch he would get 35% of the vote.

CP24 is just another Ford mouthpiece. It's ridiculous the level they'll stoop to to cater to Doug.

Regarding Heinz, they were in the news the other day because they're shutting down their big plant in Leamington. If Deco had the contract to print their labels, that's a big fall in income.

As irksome as it is, perhaps it is two-edged; the more they publicize the lies, the wider the awareness of that behavior.
On the flip side, the more they publicize the lies which aren't identified as lies, the more people buy into the BS (we saved a billion dollars! Rob is an honest guy!, etc.)

Heinz has cut a deal to continue production of tomato juice - severely cutting but not totally shutting down the plant (as was previously planned). Quite likely Deco may produce their labels.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back