262     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 801     1 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 637     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just to maintain the record - the National Post is the latest to repeat, without comment much less critique, Doug's lie that the Escalde (leased to,Deco) was a gift from him and Randy (versus Rob's lie, the same day, that he had saved up to buy it).

And the media will have a frenzy over the Escalade being retrieved from the yard, and not take a serious look a Greenestone. Small wonder Doolittle felt frustrated.

Is there any legal reason why RoFo himself can't pick up the Escalade?
He could catch a supervised lift down with a rehab counsellor.

If the OPP want give his comeback career a boost, they can "randomly" breath test him on the drive back to Greenestone.

RoFo blows clean, proving that rehab is working. He's coming back!
Instant worldwide news story. (You people write the headlines)

Is there any legal reason why RoFo himself can't pick up the Escalade?

None at all. He could have gotten it that very day. Or he could have anybody else go to pick it up. There is no requirement that the car be impounded at all. They could have called Rob or Doug to come and pick it up from the roadside.

None at all. He could have gotten it that very day. Or he could have anybody else go to pick it up. There is no requirement that the car be impounded at all. They could have called Rob or Doug to come and pick it up from the roadside.

For .08 or higher, the car gets impounded for 7 days, who ever owns it v. who was driving.
(honest)

Muskoka is hardly the north, and unpaved roads are increasingly uncommon...

I live way south of Muskoka (towards Collingwood) but most municipal roads around me remain unpaved. Only county and provincial roads are paved and it's the same in Muskoka. I live on an unpaved road (as do most of my friends) and I drive a pickup (as do most of my friends!).

He could NOT have gotten it back that very day, the Highway Traffic Act is very specific:

"Effective December 1, 2010, drivers with a blood alcohol concentration of 0.08, or who fail to comply with breath testing, face an immediate seven-day vehicle impoundment at roadside. Also effective December 1, 2010, a seven-day vehicle impoundment applies to drivers who get behind the wheel of a vehicle without an ignition interlock device in violation of such a condition on their licence. There is no ability for the vehicle owner to appeal these seven-day impoundments.

Regardless of whether the vehicle is rented, leased or loaned to a friend or family member, the vehicle will be impounded. The vehicle owner will be liable for all towing and impoundment costs."

http://www.mto.gov.on.ca/english/safety/impaired/

When wasted, many alcoholics seem to like to “act out”.

Some act narcisstic: it’s all about *them*.

Some act sociopathic: it’s all about *you*.

------------------------

McRob’s getting busted in the Escalade seems like acting out to me.

Think about it. You’ve just met someone. The icing on the cake is he/she is a celebrity of sorts. You’ve just been in rehab for alcohol. You leave rehab and promptly crash your car – driving pish drunk. Your new special friend lends you his car, which incidentally is strongly tied to his public identity.

This oughta be one of those times when you keep yourself straight so you don’t f**k it all up. One of those times when you keep a lowwww profile. No?

Or you could jump in the bottle, then jump in the ‘Lade, drive all over the road, past the see-all general store, pedal-to-the-metal. 150 km in an 80 km zone. That might attract a little bit of attention.

What’s that all about? Or should I say *who*?

Any thoughts?

When wasted, many alcoholics seem to like to “act out”.

Some act narcisstic: it’s all about *them*.

Some act sociopathic: it’s all about *you*.

------------------------

McRob’s getting busted in the Escalade seems like acting out to me.

Think about it. You’ve just met someone. The icing on the cake is he/she is a celebrity of sorts. You’ve just been in rehab for alcohol. You leave rehab and promptly crash your car – driving pish drunk. Your new special friend lends you his car, which incidentally is strongly tied to his public identity.

This oughta be one of those times when you keep yourself straight so you don’t f**k it all up. One of those times when you keep a lowwww profile. No?

Or you could jump in the bottle, then jump in the ‘Lade, drive all over the road, past the see-all general store, pedal-to-the-metal. 150 km in an 80 km zone. That might attract a little bit of attention.

What’s that all about? Or should I say *who*?

Any thoughts?
I'd say she has about as much impulse control as Rob, neither one would pass the marshmallow test.:D

1. She's high on booze and the "situation" with Rob and has no impulse control.
2. She's high on booze and the "situation" with Rob and she wants the world to know it.

ETA:
3. She doesn't give a f**k, ie. she's angry on some level.
4. Rob told her not to worry, she can do whatever she likes - he gets away with it all the time.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back