137     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 740     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 617     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
He could have been wiring money to/from the US related to his property holdings - paying maintenance fees or mortgage, or picking up a rental payment. Maybe he has an account number with RIA money transfers (for some unknown but legitimate or illegitimate reason) and that was the closest location.

ETA - I'll put money on RIA being the reason. There are only two RIA outlets in west Toronto and one is a Cash Store at Kipling and Rexdale, which is right by the Deco offices. It's not a terribly popular fx network (it's no Western Union) so if he's caught up north then Midland is the only option.

Other reason could be a high interest loan made at the Rexdale location, and he needed to go to another store to make payment. That's less likely because he could just set up direct debit from his BMO account (assuming he understands how that works - he was CFO of Deco after all...).

He could take care of such payments using BMO services (all of the large banks provide "snowbird" services), if he had such personal expenses (which is doubtful - see the following).

(1) People with lots of money, or good advisors, do not hold Fla condos personally; they have the title bought by a corporation; that way one can transfer the condo by transferring the shares and death duties (which are major in Fla) are avoided. (2) Just as he does not own a cottage I doubt that he owns a condo, or the shares of a corporation that has title to a condo. In the past he has referred to going to his mother's Fla condo, and he told the sports radio guys that "we" own 6 condos - i.e., the Fords collectively, which often means Diane or Doug or a corporation controlled by the family or the father's estate, etc. (Just as "his" Escalade is leased by Deco.)

I think that's McRobb driving her vehicle, she'd probably be driving some sort of truck, most people do in the north on rural roads. IIRC I read that she had smacked up her vehicle just a few days before she was busted driving Rob's. Plus Renata's hair is more brown with blonde highlights, the woman in the truck looks blonde like McRobb.

Since one can see that there are 4 doors, to be a truck it would have to be a crew cab - but the rear door is the wrong shape for a crew cab. It sure as heck looks like Renata's Ford Escape.

If the car in the reflection in the window is the same car we're looking at, the hubcaps appear to be similar:
9797666.jpg

I still contend that the visit to the Cash Store was to wire money to McRobb, quite possibly to pay the impound fees on the esclade or more likely to keep her trap shut about what her new BFF was up to.

She was a bank employee, they don't make great money, she's also a lush which can be expensive given the daily outpouring of dollars to maintain the habit.

Going to Midland fits the Ford's efforts at misdirection.

in the north on rural roads

Sorry, but reading that I have to wonder if you have been to Muskoka lately. It is hardly in "the north" and there are not many unpaved roads left except for some cottage access roads. People living in Muskoka are just as likely to drive a KIA or a BMW as people living in the GTA.

Last edited:
I still contend that the visit to the Cash Store was to wire money to McRobb, quite possibly to pay the impound fees on the esclade or more likely to keep her trap shut about what her new BFF was up to.

She was a bank employee, they don't make great money, she's also a lush which can be expensive given the daily outpouring of dollars to maintain the habit.

Yes. As I said, he would have no mundane reason to use a Cash Store.

I'm surprised we haven't seen some "National Enquirer" like article on "Rob Ford Rehab Shocker". These tabloids will pay for stories, McRobb is a perfect target.

There will be lots more drama in the days to come, who will pick up the Esclade from impound, Ford's sister due in court tomorrow, this story just gets bigger and bigger, no end in sight until the fat boy wears orange.

i personally think its Renata. Partly its the shape of the face and the consistent hair colour, but also because McRobb was wearing very heavy square-shaped wraparound sunglasses that create a heavy straight line across the top of her brow.
The ones in the photo are rounded along the top, are made of a lighter colour and aren't anywhere near as heavy looking as McRobb's. They are in fact much like the ones that Renata has often been seen wearing.

If McRob is indeed schlepping RoFo, I can't see anyone wanting to get down with her. Does she realize that what's left of her jezebel cred has evaporated?

He could take care of such payments using BMO services (all of the large banks provide "snowbird" services), if he had such personal expenses (which is doubtful - see the following).

(1) People with lots of money, or good advisors, do not hold Fla condos personally; they have the title bought by a corporation; that way one can transfer the condo by transferring the shares and death duties (which are major in Fla) are avoided. (2) Just as he does not own a cottage I doubt that he owns a condo, or the shares of a corporation that has title to a condo. In the past he has referred to going to his mother's Fla condo, and he told the sports radio guys that "we" own 6 condos - i.e., the Fords collectively, which often means Diane or Doug or a corporation controlled by the family or the father's estate, etc. (Just as "his" Escalade is leased by Deco.)

Who cares what the legal structure is - there's still a plausible need for cash to flow north or south. He may use Cash Store instead of BMO because a) he is stupid, b) the Cash Store near Deco has better hours than the BMO at Kipling and Rexdale, c) he gets a better exchange rate than BMO or d) all of the above.

The McRobb wire theory doesn't make much sense. He could easily come up with a few thousand $ in cash from ATMs, and it would be the sort of transaction where cash is preferred. If it were just spending/crack money there are BMO branches and a Money Mart in Orillia that are the same distance from the rehabsort (although the Midland location is first on Google search for money stores near Bala, it seems like an odd choice). The only McRobb story that fits is if he had to pay off a bail bondsman who sprung her from the DUI. They would have insisted on a paper trail so the wire is plausible.

There is a reason why he chose the Cash Store in Midland, and other than location the most obvious link is the other location a few blocks from Deco. He is either familiar with the Cash Store setup and used them for a one-off McRobb/other unplanned transaction, or he has a pre-existing business or "business" relationship that is usually transacted at the Cash Store's Rexdale location. The last reason requires the smallest logical stretch.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back