126     0 
News   Jul 18, 2024
 980     2 
News   Jul 18, 2024
 891     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
The problem is that Doug thinks like his constituents do. If you want to change our politicians, that's easy enough, but first you need to change the voters. Why are they so against this, enough to speak out? I don't agree with them of course, but "because they're idiots" isn't a good answer.

http://www.insidetoronto.com/news-s...der-fire-from-residents-councillor-doug-ford/

“What do I say to my three kids under the age of seven when one of these kids freaks out?†asked one woman, who declined to give her name. “When my child says, ‘Mommy, why are there police here again?’ What do I say?â€

Oh, I don't know. Maybe you could take the opportunity to explain the nature of developmental disabilities and mental illness to your kids, teaching them the value of knowledge and understanding, and in the process, raising decent human beings who are compassionate? Just a suggestion though. Carry on raging, instead.

Euler: sorry. It's because they are idiots.

Last edited:
Doug tomorrow (and every single day from now on until it no longer works): The past is the (what's the word I'm looking for?) PAST.

And then something *new* happens. But once *it* happens...it, too, is "the past".

Somebody should needle Doug on that one.

http://www.insidetoronto.com/news-s...der-fire-from-residents-councillor-doug-ford/

“What do I say to my three kids under the age of seven when one of these kids freaks out?” asked one woman, who declined to give her name. “When my child says, ‘Mommy, why are there police here again?’ What do I say?”

Oh, I don't know. Maybe you could take the opportunity to explain the nature of developmental disabilities and mental illness to your kids, teaching them the value of knowledge and understanding, and in the process, raising decent human beings who are compassionate? Just a suggestion though. Carry on raging, instead.

Well, just wait until her three kids grow up. And then it'll be her neighbours saying "Mommy, why are there police here again?"--re *her* household...

DoFo in the news.

"Ward 2 Etobicoke North Councillor Doug Ford arrived 25 minutes late for the meeting his office organized, making a campaign-style quip about snarled traffic and the city’s need for more subways. "

“We can’t have fire trucks and police cars and EMS there all the time and eight cars parked on the street. You’ve ruined the community,†Ford told Griffin Centre staff.

"Ford roused the crowd one last time at meeting’s end.

“I’m going to get the you-know-what kicked out of me. Tomorrow, I’ll be inundated by every media in the country saying I don’t like kids with autism,†he said.

I simply can't get my head around the anger and vitriol that flowed so freely at that meeting. I just donated to the Griffin Centre and I hope that the rest of OUR community and OUR village also donates. The Fords are not one of us...

This pretty much covers Doug:

Doug Decency Watch ‏@FordWorkWatch 24 mins
I now refer to him as 'Councillor, Former Hash Dealer, and Guy Who Wants to Evict Autistic Children From Their Home Doug Ford'. #TOpoli

I donated and sent them an email of support thanking them for caring about those children.

I am so unbelievably disgusted. My mother was an LRT/special ed teacher, my neighbour has an autistic sin and my best friend is going through the diagnosis process with her daughter.

I would say the issue with those people at that meeting is the issue with most of Ford Nation, they are selfish and refuse to educate themselves before spewing their hate.

nailed it.

80s Doug Ford ‏@80sDougFord 4m
My heart goes out to kids with autism but no one told me they were all like f*ckin' weird 'n sh*t #topoli

this is really powerful:

http://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1s1pur8

Myrna✨ · @SailorSoapbox

17th May 2014 from TwitLonger

My 15-year-old sister has Autism Spectrum Disorder of moderate severity. I am 12 years older, and have occupied a co-parent role since she was born. There is no one in the world I love more than my little sister, and my parents are fine with that.

With the onset of adolescence, however, she began to have trouble distinguishing her nightmares from reality, and she began physically attacking her family and people at school when she became angry. The police and the ambulances had to be called sometimes when we could not get her calmed down. Sometimes that is just the reality. When she is not angry, she is clever, funny, affectionate, kind, curious and enthusiastic, and every day I learn something new from her.

It absolutely broke our hearts to have to make the choice, but we took the advice of experts who told us that putting my sister in a group home was the only solution to help her with her emotional problems. Griffin Centre is one of the charitable organizations that helped us to care for my sister. The waitlists to get in one of their homes are years long, and they have only a few locations...thanks to NIMBYism.

Ward 2's group home is only 10 minutes away from where we live, but instead my sister now lives in Grimsby, over an hour's drive away and $50+ in gas for one round trip. We see her every week, and when we have to part, my heart breaks all over again - even though I get to talk to her on the phone every day.

If Doug Ford had his way, my baby sister would be on some remote farm somewhere - away from the "normal" people, where she would be out of sight and out of mind. My baby sister is not a "mental person," and she deserves to live in a residential neighbourhood just like anyone else. Doug Ford and every resident of Ward 2 who is trying to force the Griffin Centre residents & staff to move are spitting in the face of my family, my sister, and every other family with an autistic child in need.

Doug Ford, you are an irredeemable and evil man. You and your criminal brother not only do not deserve public office, you don't even deserve to live in Toronto. You make me sick.

Ward 2 residents, your ignorance and bigotry brings shame to everyone in Toronto. Instead of trying to help your children to understand natural differences, you just want them to go away so you can live your suburban dream. I hope your children do not grow up as mindless as you have. You and the Fords have hurt me deeply, you have hurt my family deeply, and you have insulted wonderful people like my sister. This blatant discrimination and ableism is not what Toronto values. You're more than welcome to go live on farms yourselves. You do far more damage than any autistic child could ever do.

Last edited:
Is it actually possible that Doug Ford, thrust into the spotlight alone for the first time, could do more damage to the Ford "reputation" (and possibly Rob's campaign) while Rob is "away" than Rob has done already? I didn't see that coming.

“What do I say to my three kids under the age of seven when one of these kids freaks out?” asked one woman, who declined to give her name. “When my child says, ‘Mommy, why are there police here again?’ What do I say?”

Certainly not all of them can be idiots, and yet Doug Ford is their councillor, a choice that they made.

There is a blessing in disguise from this: an outpouring of support for and donations to the Griffin House. I foresee, in the end, that they will be the winners in this situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back