826     1 
News   Jul 18, 2024
 737     0 
News   Jul 18, 2024
 567     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rob was right. Rehab is AMAZING... He can hike to the LCBO.

jlancasterCBC 4:10pm via Web
Rehab that Ford believed to be in is not "jail like". Clients often spotted hiking/walking around area according to locals.

Hiking in a suburban wearing a suit....holly jebus.

It falls apart when you consider the absolute sighting of his escalade. Supervised outings should be in facility licensed vehicle.

Why? I don't have experience with rehab, but I do with family at inpatient mental health care (CAMH) and they were more than happy to work with family members to coordinate day passes and supervision.

Ran into Sarah Thomson at Yonge and Eg talking about transit... Second time now, first time was the Save Toronto rally in November. She's by far not my preferred candidate, but it's interesting how nice she is and how she engages with people. She can't be mayor, but at least she's nice.

I hate to be the spoiler here, but it's entirely possible that the story checks out...and that the unidentified "driver" that was seen with Rob and Renata was the supervising senior resident or staff person. Renata -- his wife -- could just be up visiting him.

Or Renata could have gone up for a counseling session. Many of the experts I've heard in the past few weeks have mentioned that family members are often brought into the therapy process.

It falls apart when you consider the absolute sighting of his escalade. Supervised outings should be in facility licensed vehicle.

Not necessarily -- even at Caritas and one other place we would ask parents/family members to take residents to appointments on occasion. We would send an "older" resident with them to ensure rules were followed. But sometimes, for some appointments it just didn't make sense to send staff or our own vehicles

That being said, "passes" after two weeks is hilarious to me.

Also: CBC said that the doctor said it was an issue that could distract from his recovery. A) that's hilarious because they use the right language but idiotic method but B) taken at face value, it might invoice Renata and she was asked to come up, thus the escalade.

We don't know what the actual purpose of the pass was. Just that he did some other stuff (drycleaning etc) while he was out.

You're assuming that there was an actual pass and that he wasn't just driving in from the cottage :)

I'm guessing that he is wearing a suit because he knew he'd be seen. So he dressed as he usually does when out in public.

I think this part of the story checks out. He's probably at Greenestone. They gave him a family pass to deal with something that involved Renata.

I don't see a big mystery here.

The only mystery is why people get suckered into rehabs like this.

Not necessarily -- even at Caritas and one other place we would ask parents/family members to take residents to appointments on occasion. We would send an "older" resident with them to ensure rules were followed. But sometimes, for some appointments it just didn't make sense to send staff or our own vehicles

That being said, "passes" after two weeks is hilarious to me.

Also: CBC said that the doctor said it was an issue that could distract from his recovery. A) that's hilarious because they use the right language but idiotic method but B) taken at face value, it might invoice Renata and she was asked to come up, thus the escalade.

We don't know what the actual purpose of the pass was. Just that he did some other stuff (drycleaning etc) while he was out.

One week after official check in with a spouse that was a known enabler to do banking and visit a dry cleaner? Seems like a liability to me.

Fairness to who? Metroman brought up Homewood this afternoon. And called it a "suspected itinerary", implying he had sources. He didn't say "my guess is that he's at Homewood".

That just makes it guesses from other people. I don't see your point.

You're assuming that there was an actual pass and that he wasn't just driving in from the cottage :)

Well, yeah I am. I guess. I mean I will fully admit that anything is possible, I'm just occam's razoring it. Or maybe I'm not. I dunno.

I'm just sayin' that from a crappy-rehab perspective there's nothing inconsistent here.

I reserve my rage in this case for so called doctors who think that in two weeks one changed anything besides one's underwear.

One week after official check in with a spouse that was a known enabler to do banking and visit a dry cleaner? Seems like a liability to me.

Oh absolutely it is. Which is one reason why -- IF (I know, big if) there was a legitimate reason to get them together you might not want to do it with the Rehab's car with paid staff driving.

So he did banking while out? Renata doesn't work, right? Maybe she had no access to cash to pay bills at home.

It would make sense. We would have made sure that those things were taken care of prior to entry. But he left in a hurry.

For comparison's sake, at Caritas you were not allowed to see/talk to your family for the first 5 months. It was about cutting the cord for a while. Focusing on yourself. After after 5 months you got to go home for a day and a half, unsupervised.

Only exceptions were absolute emergencies, the odd fundraising event or deaths in the family.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back