822     1 
News   Jul 18, 2024
 734     0 
News   Jul 18, 2024
 566     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rob was right. Rehab is AMAZING... He can hike to the LCBO.

jlancasterCBC 4:10pm via Web
Rehab that Ford believed to be in is not "jail like". Clients often spotted hiking/walking around area according to locals.

Last edited:
Where is that report? I can't seem to find it.

Sorry - here you go:

Mayor Rob Ford has turned up in Bracebridge and Gravenhurst Friday.

Ford — who hasn’t been seen publicly since he left his home on May 1 after taking a leave of absence — was spotted going into the Bank of Montreal in the Bracebridge Town Centre Friday afternoon.

“He was happy, he was taking pictures,” Carmen Ribeiro — a waitress at Marj’s Homestyle Cafe — told the Toronto Sun Friday.

“He stopped by in a black SUV with his wife and a driver. He said he was in town shopping.”

An employee at the nearby Pet Valu store confirmed he saw Ford as well on Friday.

The Ford family has said the mayor entered rehab on May 1 and it isn’t clear why he was in Bracebridge but the Ford family has a cottage in Muskoka.

Councillor Doug Ford has not responded to a request for comment.

Erine Strength, a customer service representative at Fabricare in Gravenhurst, confirmed Ford dropped off a navy suit for dry cleaning there around 2 p.m.

“We asked him if we could take a photo and he was more than obliging for that,” Strength said. “He was very jovial, looked pretty happy and healthy. I think everybody was just a little shocked to see him.”

The life of a rockstar... so much for protecting the identity of others who may be in treatment.

goldsbie 3:10pm via Web
Two weeks is an incredibly long time for him to go without being spotted in a plaza, convenience store, or fast food restaurant.

1) I only saw where someone retweeted The Doctorb mentioning that Towhey had unfollowed him, so I went back and read it. My guess is that The Doctorb is trying to prove that Towhey was somehow complicit in letting Ford do his crack-addled thing; seems to have struck a nerve with Towhey, either because it's true or because it offends his residual sense of loyalty to Ford?

Following up on this, what are peoples' thoughts on Towhey generally? I admit I'm kind of perplexed by his online persona, sometimes. Is he smug because he knows he'll never wear any of the crap that's going down? Is he really that loyal to Ford? He stills seems to want to tow the "flawed man, great policies" idea, which makes Towhey seem stupid to me. Is he really that stupid?

He's always felt like a strange character in this whole story, to me.

http://greenestone.net/online-recovery-program/

Rehab, from the comfort of your own basement.
Based on the treatment paradigm developed by our highly trained staff, participants will learn to develop healthy living strategies through the enhancement of The Five Intelligences: Cognitive, Emotional, Relational, Physical, and Spiritual.

Ford is bound to fail. He has no intelligence, never mind five.

and that place looks pretty darned nice. I could use a rest at a resort. Maybe I'll sign myself in :)

Something's definitely fishy. (I know, I know: Whoever could have seen that coming? :rolleyes:) But for me, the first question that leaps to mind is: How the hell did Thug manage to con the CBC into giving legitimacy to the Fords' claims that, yes, indeed, Slob was currently staying at the bestest rehab facility in all of Canada? Is this yet another example of a public watchdog allowing itself to be gulled and used by this family of blatant grifters?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back