4.8K     6 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 2K     3 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 691     1 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
So while Rofo's kids were with his In-laws (presumably) he went on Kimmel? Yeah, I'm sure CAS must have really been impressed by that... can't wait for the divorce hearing discussing that one.

It will be a mediated divorce, no way will there be an open discussion of both parents transgressions.

Regarding the vomit at Muzik, could be from chasing the dragon or snorting after too many "pops".

Remember the Star commenting on the worn out couch in Ford's basement? The reason they mentioned it is because it will be like any other drunk/junkies couch, burn holes, stains etc. Drug users are notorious for "burning down the house".

Not sure this has been posted, but for a massive laugh…

Doug Ford for Ontario PC Leader

7 likes in a month and a half, and the only positive comment is from an overtly racist and ignorant FordNational (whom I suspect is also the organizer).

Remember the Star commenting on the worn out couch in Ford's basement? The reason they mentioned it is because it will be like any other drunk/junkies couch, burn holes, stains etc.

Very nice catch.

Drug users are notorious for "burning down the house".

Only very slightly off-topic, but yesterday was David Byrne's birthday. Happy 62nd, David.

Last edited:
hi all - long time reader, first time poster. thanks for months of interesting comment and analysis!

i'm wondering what people make of the (explicit) mention by donovan in the 'wild night' article of ford and lisi disappearing off to a small room alone. donovan's not in the habit of adding unnecessary detail, or of talking nonsense.

my two thoughts were:
1) some kind of drug that's way, way over the top - really, shooting heroin's my only guess here, or
2) illicit love affair.

it's just odd to me that those two would be halfway through a totally depraved scene in the basement - drinking, smoking joints, fighting, "offering" renata to his friends. . . and but there's something that they must have privacy for?

anyway, thanks again for all the great reading!

and but there's something that they must have privacy for?

It's definitely cryptic, sounds like a cold storage room, probably just smoking crack, Donovan mentions he paces back and forth after he comes out.

yeah - it felt like it was placed there rather pointedly. but why not just smoke crack in front of the others?

Ask a crack head addict for a rock , see how fast he tells you to "get your own" and slinks off.

It's definitely cryptic, sounds like a cold storage room, probably just smoking crack, Donovan mentions he paces back and forth after he comes out.

I think the illicit love affair rates on the tinfoil meter from me.

I put it down to this: drug use is often highly ritualized. Most addicts are in the habit of hiding, and that seclusion becomes part of the ritualized behavior. If Renata is off harder stuff now (who knows?) then it can become a tacit, unspoken agreement that the harder stuff is done out of her sight. It's a pathetic way that one addict will justify their own use ("Weed, sure. But the harder stuff, I don't do it in front of her"). This is often the small shred of "lipservice" that allows the addict to justify their behaviour. Never in front of the kids. Never in front of the wife.

Seeking seclusion is usually the optimal situation for an addict. They are in love with getting high and want as few distractions as possible that could cut that high. An antagonistic wife would rate highly on that list of potential distractions.

I think the illicit love affair rates on the tinfoil meter from me.

Hear Hear.

I've got to wonder what sort of "Street cred" Lisi has after the purported Rob Ford beatdown and crying episode.

I suspect he'll end up as someone's "plaything" in the gray bar hotel.

Maybe Jimmi T can shed some light on Lisi.

Last edited:
Ten pages of speculation, banter and old news. It feels like it's just about time for a new Rob Ford bomb to drop.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back