202     0 
News   Jul 17, 2024
 856     1 
News   Jul 17, 2024
 545     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
How long does it take to go through detox for multiple substances? Because it sounds to me like it is way too early for him to be working out and "doing great" and making phone calls to DMW.

Also, remember that when ever the FoBros won't tell you something, it's because they have something to hide. Always. If he was actually in real rehab they'd be trumpeting it.

I made the same comment to a co-worker. If he was legit in rehab they'd send Warmington to cover him signing in at the front desk and have pictures of robbie handing out magnets to confused inpatients.

Let's remember that both robbie and douggie lie even when they don't have to. Their default setting is to lie.

I think you might have confused me as going there.

Yeah, I think so too. I think it was a mix of you giving your experience and someone else talking about the place that got me confused.

I went to the Donwoods Institute, no phone calls for first week but I can't remember if it was enforced, I just did what they told me to do cause I wanted to fix my life. I really didn't pay attention to anyone in my first week, they ask you to do a LOT of thinking about HOW you ended up there in the first place and that's pretty much what my brain was focused on.

What I can tell you is that most of the repeat rehabbers (we had a guy in there on his 7th go around) flouted the rules and generally speaking looked like they were killing time till they could get back outside. Most of those repeat rehabbers were opiates and crack users.

Like they say, you really do have to WORK the plan to have any hope of success.

One of the keys for me, was I found a person in my group that was also very serious about change, it was his second kick at the can and we spent HOURS talking and he really clued me in about how he failed the first time.

I think it will be difficult for Rub to find someone he can relate to and trust and if he is in rehab and making a lot of phone calls my guess is he's not really thinking about success, just passing time.

Thanks for the insight, it's appreciated, and good luck with your continued sobriety too.

Last edited:
How long does it take to go through detox for multiple substances? Because it sounds to me like it is way too early for him to be working out and "doing great" and making phone calls to DMW.

I highly doubt Rub would need a medical Detox. I saw people WAY worse than him that were not in the detox ward. There was only one alcoholic there out of close to 120 people that needed a Medical Detox and he was a 60 year old guy that was drinking a 1.75 liter bottle of scotch a day. They still allowed him out to the smoking area a few times a day. Opiate addicts typically spent 3-7 days in Detox. Crack addicts, nope, they just got pills from the pharmacy a few times a day.

P.S. You're welcome L23, glad to share. There is a lot of misinformation about rehab out there, Dr. Drew's show was a disgrace. but that's Hollywood for ya.

https://twitter.com/dankojones/status/463775154519433216/photo/1
Danko JonesVerified account ‏@dankojones
@reporterdonpeat @ddale8 @AndrewMitrovica @mattgallowaycbc @robyndoolittle @annhui here's a meme I made #TOPoli pic.twitter.com/M61G0HBIyr
dougford.jpg

Attachments

• dougford.jpg
    dougford.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 865

> 2013-Nov-04, 23:54
>
> MetroMan
>
>> Quote:
>> Originally Posted by MTown
>>
>> Good.
>>
>> I never liked Minnan-Wong, but if he's the first and/or only to leave Exec., I will have a newfound respect for him.
>
>
>He doesn't deserve your respect. Leave it in your respect receptacle. He's doing it for himself, not for Toronto or out
>of good conscience. Minan-Wong is vulturing over Ford eyeing a Mayoral run. If Ford crashes and burns and is unable or
>unwilling to run, expect Minan-Wong, Mammoliti and Shelley Carroll to all jump into the mosh pit with Karen Stintz.

>EDIT for full disclosure: I thought I'd explain my disdain for the man. I was in New York at Century 21 and noticed
>Minan-Wong shopping for suits. What a coincidence I thought! I waved at him and said Hi Councillor! He replied: Leave
>me alone, I'm on vacation. Hummm.. ok? What if I was one of his constituents? What kind of ungrateful bastard acts
>like that?

> 2013-Nov-04, 23:54
>
> MetroMan
>
>> Quote:
>> Originally Posted by MTown
>>
>> Good.
>>
>> I never liked Minnan-Wong, but if he's the first and/or only to leave Exec., I will have a newfound respect for him.
>
>
>He doesn't deserve your respect. Leave it in your respect receptacle. He's doing it for himself, not for Toronto or out
>of good conscience. Minan-Wong is vulturing over Ford eyeing a Mayoral run. If Ford crashes and burns and is unable or
>unwilling to run, expect Minan-Wong, Mammoliti and Shelley Carroll to all jump into the mosh pit with Karen Stintz.

>EDIT for full disclosure: I thought I'd explain my disdain for the man. I was in New York at Century 21 and noticed
>Minan-Wong shopping for suits. What a coincidence I thought! I waved at him and said Hi Councillor! He replied: Leave
>me alone, I'm on vacation. Hummm.. ok? What if I was one of his constituents? What kind of ungrateful bastard acts
>like that?

Thanks for tracking it down, last November seems like an eternity ago on this thread!

If it was my little brother in rehab with his career tanking I would not be OK with Mammo's joke.

I wonder if Mammo knows something we don't?

If it was my little brother in rehab with his career tanking I would not be OK with Mammo's joke.

I wonder if Mammo knows something we don't?

I'm sure Mammo knows lots of things we don't - or more likely - remembers lots of things we don't... like missing nap-time in kindergarten.

Someone mentioned upthread that Homewood allowed one call a day...if true (and that's where Ford is), nice to see him using his one call to call Doug/council. Sure his wife appreciates that (then again, maybe she does).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back