1.5K     2 
News   Jul 17, 2024
 631     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would this make a good poster too.

View attachment 25624

Pretty sure there was no free booze and food provided by Muzik at the photo op with Wynne.

images.jpg

There's no getting around this... Ford was their man for an awfully long time.

Attachments

• images.jpg
    images.jpg
    11.3 KB · Views: 796
Last edited:
I saw the tweet from Don Peat where Doug said "no comment" when asked if he'd run for mayor in Rob's absence. When did he say that and to whom?

Even if it is a legitimate attempt, there's no way he is at the point where it will stick this time. He's nowhere near self aware and open minded enough yet to actually make changes needed to stay clean long term. Considering Doug has already said Rob is running when he gets back, his family obviously isn't either.
Yeah rehab isn't like penicillin, where you have a Rx for 30 days and then the problem is cleared up and you have a clean bill of health.

With that quote Doug still sounds more like an ambitious campaign manager than a concerned brother.

He can't help it; he's an addict.

I for one hope the rehab move is a legitimate attempt to get clean. I think that deep down he doesn't want to be mayor and has ramped up the self-destructive behavior since he took the job. If he's open to the rehab process, he might actually engage in some serious introspection and gain some perspective into his life. Clearly he is deeply, deeply unhappy.

I would like him to get clean and beat his addictions, but only so he can go to jail and reflect on what a monster he is with a clear head.

Who paid for Rob Ford's Cadillac Escalade? Couldn't the same be done for Kathy? Maybe have her "work" cleaning the family business washrooms once a year, and get the big bucks? (Like the Soviets did with their "amateur" athletics.)

Like someone said before me, Kathy isn't Mayor. She doesn't contribute anything to the family's twisted sense of importance.

Some have speculated that the crack video (Kathy's Basement Edition) was set up by the fam with the cooperation of Lisi, Kathy, and "Jermaine". There's also the observation that the drunken pub rant (Sullie Gorman Edition) was engineered by ?Doug and possible even the Worm.

This isn't ringing true for me. Why would the Ford family need to set up two gotchas for Rob? What do Kathy and Lisi get out of it? And the 20-year-old Kingston-based dealer approaching the Globe, Gawker seems like an unnecessary detail even for the Fords to dream up. Unless the dealer is now working on his own.

I think it is exceedingly likely that he has gone into rehab for real.

My theory is that the entire last few days have basically amounted to an family intervention.

Doug realized weeks ago that his brother was not going to stop binge drinking and using crack. He disappeared to Chicago to put the rehab plan in place, book the treatment center etc.

Kathy and Lisi were enlisted to put Rob in a room with crack cocaine, and "Unnamed" was there to film him getting loaded, and leak the footage of Rob huffing on the pipe in a matter of a few days. That's why there's 6 minutes of footage.

Rob of course had no idea his brother was going to force him into rehab, and is no doubt cursing as we speak, as he enters the long night of detox and drying out.

That makes Doug look like someone who actually cares about his brother's well-being, as well as someone smart enough to orchestrate a scenario air-tight enough to force him into rehab. I don't buy either.

He's nowhere near self aware and open minded enough yet to actually make changes needed to stay clean long term.

I agree. He's nowhere near rock-bottom.

Although it's 50 years old, "The Days of Wine and Roses" they say is pretty accurate.

But, it's about the effects of alcohol only. Not drugs.

Last edited:
You know its a doozy when a Ford cautions a journalist about what to print. A denial like that is practically an admission.

I always thought that politicians were also advised to never say, "No comment". It's seen as practically an admission.

Better to say, "Let me get back to you on that." or "I'll have my people look into it."

My idea of a likeable politician is Norm Kelly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back