412     0 
News   Jul 17, 2024
 912     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 1.1K     2 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ford has just left his residence with a large suitcase. A passport application was visible on the dash of the car.

I hope he gets straightened out, but the reality is most addicts require multiple long term stays at rehab to conquer their demons. 30 days won't do it, and I wonder about the continuity of his treatment post-inpatient when he is not getting it locally.

I think his next relapse will be far more damaging to his reputation among Ford Nayshun. Their uninformed opinion is likely that he can go to rehab for a month and get "fixed". I imagine reality will be a bigger blow than the initial disappoint of discovering their hero smokes crack in the first place.

At least his wife and kids will get a break from the private hell they must be living in.

Got to love it - he is dashing out like some disgraced former dictator heading into a life in exile.

AoD

I'll be surprised if he's allowed into the US even if he claims it's for rehab.

P.S. Surprising that the women here haven't gone ballistic regarding Ford's comments regarding Stintz but got so incensed after I posted a pic with caption that captured the Zeitgeist of Ford's thoughts on his wife/women.

In fact I did comment, along the lines that being depressed about Flaherty's death (a concept floated by Hotmail Lawyer) didn't in any way explain or justify Ford's long-standing misogyny. That was a single fact worth noting. That may not count in your books as 'going ballistic' - but in my experience, that type of response draws the wrong kind of attention from a small proportion of male members of any online forum. As in, there go the women again. Last night I chose not to post my personal reaction, which ranged from seething at my computer to raving anger at the Sullie Gorman's patrons roaring with drunken male laughter at Ford's chumsy locker room sexual put down of Karen Stintz - more enabling. Generally, online, I keep the gender stuff under the radar. I'd rather debate and discuss the issues and come up with the occasional piece of fine snark as opposed to being on the receiving end of the streams of hateful sh*t which a *few* men can't resist pouring on the minute they find you're a woman.

Years ago I played online fantasy baseball. I used a neutral handle and as a result, avoided being treated like a charming but somewhat dim freak of nature as were other players who clearly identified themselves as women.

After listening to Warmington interview Ford where he's laughing while telling Ford the things he had said at the bar, I don't think Joe is taking this thing very seriously.

The bar audio recording is appalling at every level, but since it's RoFo, it's no big deal to Joe. He was just blowing off some steam, you know and he's under so much stress and he's such a victim, blah blah blah BS BS BS. Enough of Joe already. CP24 just keeps enabling these Ford sycophants.

Is this a city employee at work with his head down on the desk? On the taxpayer's dime?! Mammo, where are you when "folks" need you?

RoFo Head Down.jpg

Attachments

• RoFo Head Down.jpg
    RoFo Head Down.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 806
Got to love it - he is dashing out like some disgraced former dictator heading into a life in exile.

AoD
It would be lovely if he tried to get to rehab in the US and they denied him. There really isn't anywhere in North America he can go where other clients won't recognize him. I'm betting if he does get into the US "rehab" will mean staying in the Fla condo for a month. I'm also betting that at least one TO reporter will be stationed in Fla to see if this is the case.

From my extensive knowledge of rehab gleaned from my addiction to Intervention, there are some lovely facilities in BC.

Code of conduct and our mayor really don't belong in the same sentence...

reporterdonpeat 9:06am via HootSuite
BREAKING City Integrity Commissioner finds Rob Ford violated council’s code of conduct with his robocall to Paul Ainslie’s ward.

I can't believe she's playing politics on a day like this!

I'll be surprised if he's allowed into the US even if he claims it's for rehab.

P.S. Surprising that the women here haven't gone ballistic regarding Ford's comments regarding Stintz but got so incensed after I posted a pic with caption that captured the Zeitgeist of Ford's thoughts on his wife/women.

I was so disgusted when I heard that, I simply had no words. The man is a total and complete pig as are everyone else in that bar joking along with him. They don't deserve the dignity of a response.

Is "rehab" just code for Diane's basement?

LindaWardCBC 9:30am via Twitter for Android
Rob Ford left home around 7am and has not been seen at Pearson airport. Ford said he is taking a month off to seek help.

He's on the run from Giroux!

He has not admitted to a problem with drugs, just alcohol! This is strategic as planned by his handlers.....read enablers! It's May 1st. A 28 day program lets say a month, will bring him back for June/ summer ford feast BBQ supplied free by musik. Big celebration of the triumphant return of the king!

See how I'm playing this. I should be a campaign manager;)

He and his crew are playing us.

Giroux is the only one to stop this. Supposedly this new crack vid has the sister, lisi and a drug dealer with ford. Connect those dots folks! One is out on bail and the other on charges of theft. The provincial government must take action against a chief magistrate knowingly associating with criminals whereby he jeopardizes his office.......a la Musik lobbying and perks.

Because of. This.

Live: CP24, 8:09am, a tow truck driver - "I'm sick of them going after him. Go Rob, I think he's an amazing man and he's done so much for this city. He's got my vote".

Get it? This is nowhere near from being over.

We all know that if this guy was asked to explain/substantiate his opinion, he wouldn't be able to, right? It would just be based on some bullshit. His vote is worth the same as mine.

Democracy: The empowerment of stupid people who are easily manipulated. The empowerment of those who would manipulate.

Wait for it, folks. It's gonna be one for the record books.

reporterdonpeat 9:38am via Twitter for BlackBerry®
Doug Ford at City Hall - he says he will speak to media at 1 pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back