112     0 
News   Jul 17, 2024
 739     1 
News   Jul 17, 2024
 534     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, now we know a little more about what happened the night Ford went to city hall and reporters noticed an odd smell.

http://www.thestar.com/news/city_ha...tml?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

It's pretty graphic right down the puke left behind for the staff to clean in the men's washroom at Musik.

Edited: my apologies, this article is jumping back and forth between March 15 and that night in early April. It's a bit difficult to sort out which bad behaviour was on which night.

Last edited:
No fan of the National Pest, but this is a pretty good opening sentence (even with a comma missing before "at"):

"Bar-going Torontonians know that at any moment, they could find themselves in the bizarre situation of exchanging drunken banter with their chief executive."

FWIW

For Immediate Release
April 30th, 2014
Tonight I want to take some time to speak from my heart to the people of Toronto. It’s not easy to be vulnerable and this is one of the most difficult times in my life. I have a problem with alcohol, and the choices I have made while under the influence. I have struggled with this for some time.

Today, after taking some time to think about my own well-being, how to best serve the people of Toronto and what is in the best interests of my family, I have decided to take a leave from campaigning and from my duties as Mayor to seek immediate help.

I have tried to deal with these issues by myself over the past year. I know that I need professional help and I am now 100% committed to getting myself right.
I love the people of Toronto, I love being your mayor and I hope you will continue to stand by me.

With the support of my family, friends, professionals and the people of Toronto, I will conquer this.

Please keep me and my family in your prayers during these difficult days ahead.
I just want to say to the people of Toronto that I thank you for your ongoing support and encouragement. I cannot tell you enough how much I appreciate it.

Mayor Rob Ford

In order to save you all time and effort, allow me to condense the above: 'complete twaddle'. You're welcome!

mandatory.
biebs.jpg

Attachments

• biebs.jpg
    biebs.jpg
    14.1 KB · Views: 1,206
If smoking crack in his sisters basement significantly chips away at the Rob Ford mayoralty, I for one will give Kathy a pass on her 25 hours of community service for toothbrush theft. Way to go Kath!

All kidding aside - I did think it was odd that Donavan would write Mondays story about her, which included a Star reporter going to her house. It seemed strange that her personal issues were making the news when non-political Ford family had (generally) been off-limits in the past. Sounds like tonights revelations probably had something to do with that.

Last edited:

FALL OUT BOY LYRICS

"Sugar We're Going Down"

Am I more than you bargained for yet
I've been dying to tell you anything you want to hear
Cause that's just who I am this week
Lie in the grass, next to the mausoleum
I'm just a notch in your bedpost
But you're just a line in a song
(A notch in your bedpost, but you're just a line in a song)

Drop a heart, break a name
We're always sleeping in, and sleeping for the wrong team

We're going down, down in an earlier round
And Sugar, we're going down swinging
I'll be your number one with a bullet
A loaded God complex, cock it and pull it
[x2]

Is this more than you bargained for yet
Oh don't mind me I'm watching you two from the closet
Wishing to be the friction in your jeans
Isn't it messed up how I'm just dying to be him
I'm just a notch in your bedpost
But you're just a line in a song
(Notch in your bedpost, but you're just a line in a song)

Drop a heart, break a name
We're always sleeping in, and sleeping for the wrong team

We're going down, down in an earlier round
[x2]

Down, down in an earlier round

We're going down, down in an earlier round (Take aim at myself)
(Down, down in an earlier round)
And Sugar, we're going down swinging (Take back what you said)
I'll be your number one with a bullet (Take aim at myself)

We're going down, down (down, down)
Down, down (down, down)
We're going down, down (down, down)

We're going down, down in an earlier round (Take aim at myself)
And Sugar, we're going down swinging (Take back what you said)
I'll be your number one with a bullet (Take aim at myself)

[Note: 1. The correct lyrics really say "GOD complex". It was confirmed by the band members
2. CD cover says "wishing to be the friction in HIS jeans" when in the song it's
clearly said "wishing to be the friction in YOUR jeans"]

Last edited:
The Sun has now published a transcript. Take a look at its site. (How accurate it is 'around the edges' is open to debate. There is a lot of inaudible/garbled/ppl talking over one another.)

Thanks pud99. It's gonna be a long night. I'm perusing the twitter posts like a junkie.

I would like to know why there have been no complaints by any of the other candidates, or by council members or by the town clerk of Ford getting free booze and food from Musik - a registered lobbyist? If it has been raised before outside of this forum, I surely missed it.

http://www.thestar.com/news/city_ha..._cocaine_at_exclusive_club_witnesses_say.html
(same article posted before but I'm still absorbing it all)

Last edited:
No quotes from candidates or councillors but there is a bit here:
http://www.robfordfacts.ca/2014/04/fact-17-ford-fests-free-food-and.html

It is curious that only urbantoronto members and some media have tried to shine a light on this appalling breach of ethics yet not a single elected representative, elections officer, town clerk, council member, business leader, developer or in fact anyone in any position of power has called for an investigation. In any other municipality, this alone would be a huge scandal which would end careers.

It occurred to me after reading twitter tonight that Ford has a very low opinion of almost everyone. He's a racist piece 'o crap for sure but more shocking to me is the misogyny. He offends me to the core and he should offend any woman, yet so many still think he's okay and will line up for selfies with him. That's 50% of the population which should immediately dismiss his behaviour yet he gets a pass.
Shocking too is how many black people on twitter excuse his behaviour and call him the best mayor ever. I don't get it. do they not realize that he has contempt for minorities despite his willingness to visit tchc buildings?

I'm so disappointed with people right now I can't even begin to express it.

Nobody else here tonight?

Say it ain't so! 80's Doug Ford calling it quits?
https://twitter.com/80sDougFord

The last word: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Eighties-Doug/675416312506844

I'm here, just not much to add.

We were wondering some weeks ago why the Ford bros seemed "subdued" -- not goading and gloating like they usually do. I don't think they knew this was coming though. Can't imagine Rob quietly living with this for weeks; not when he usually fights tooth and nail against any suggestion that he's not the best mayor/husband/father/human in the world. Maybe he was simply too tired during the day from all the benders we now know he was on night after night.

The way all three media outlets descended on him at once with stories from three different incidents (and evidence to back up those stories)... it almost seems like the media worked together to stage an intervention. All that evidence blindsiding him at once -- not able to formulate lies/excuses to explain things away (esp. with liar-in-chief Doug being AWOL). He was cornered and had nowhere else to go but the rehab option.

Tony Smyth's video of Rob coming home. Dan Jacobs and Mikey were there, and both apparently left.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-9TZ-Wx33_A

They both left in their own cars. Did Ford drive himself home with both guys following him in their own cars? Or maybe Mikey's car was left parked in the street from earlier in the day, and he rode with Rob, then retrieved his car.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back