490     0 
News   Jul 17, 2024
 1.4K     2 
News   Jul 17, 2024
 619     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apparently TCHC is expected to have reached a decision on Jones before noon. Ford is still encouraging his hordes of supporters to rally at the public meeting. At noon.

A friend of my dad's lives on Ford's street and has said that the Escalade is often still parked in the driveway late into the mornings.

Also that Gene Jones support tweet is disgusting.

I miss the Miller era. I still see him using High Park Station and in the neighbourhood. He's always friendly. TTC really kept the entrance to that station clean when he was mayor.

I doubt he ever was driven to City Hall.

David was the first and last Chairman/Super-Mayor who did not have a full-time chauffeur.

Last edited:
Yes, to "observe and report"! ( Nice to know Robbie made it safely home. )
Honestly, most of it is boring complaints about him not going to work as the friends can't stand him. They tend to notice more in the summer since one is a runner and her route goes past his house. Really nothing that hasn't been reported elsewhere; frequent police visits, late to work, late home, morning Tims from the gas station, never see the kids out playing. One interesting story that I heard from a few people is that the van he had prior to the Escalade had an ignition interlock device on it.

Other than that, lots of gossip from the 80's about the Ford brother's drug dealing and collection tactics. Anyone from that era of the Etobicoke bubble will tell those after a couple of drinks. I would say that most people who are still in the area seem to have a degree of fear of them and make it clear that they don't associate with the Fords.

Although the conservatives are still willing to be seen with him (in Ajax).

reporterdonpeat 10:47am via Web
Mayor Rob Ford supposed to be at an "important infrastructure event" with finance minister Joe Oliver in Ajax on Monday.

Although the conservatives are still willing to be seen with him (in Ajax).

reporterdonpeat 10:47am via Web
Mayor Rob Ford supposed to be at an "important infrastructure event" with finance minister Joe Oliver in Ajax on Monday.

Ajax's Director of Finance is named Rob Ford.

Last edited:
I wonder why he doesn't park the Escalade in the garage?

I guess his chauffeur ( or whatever his Job Title is ) parks his own car at RoFo's when on Escalade duty?

Maybe the garage is full of junk - pretty common Also, what about Renata's car? (At one time anyway it was a Ford Escape.) And do her parents drive when they come over all the time to look after the kids?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back