271     0 
News   Jul 18, 2024
 1.1K     2 
News   Jul 18, 2024
 1K     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don Peat tweeted an agenda for the campaign launch. Since apparently no-one took the bait last time I gotta ask, "Who's the band? Does it include Jenny James?"

I wonder how many times he'll say subways and billion dollars in those fifteen minutes. Excruciating!

Also noticed there's no time allotted for questions.

mondegreen - a series of words resulting from the mishearing of a statement or a song lyric; Sylvia Wright is credited with coining the neologism in a 1954 Harper magazine column (for years, she thought that the line of a Scots folk song was "and Lady Mondegreen" when in fact it is "and laid him on the green")

So, what should one call it when the phrase results from the application of spell-check or auto-correct?

I've always heard an error introduced by spell-check called a cupertino. However I think "all intensive purposes" would be considered an eggcorn rather than a mondegreen or a cupertino.

I wish I had known that the Ford kickoff invitation had a voter intention question after the RSVP. As it was I stayed on the line silently raging in the vain hope that the longer I kept the connection open the longer they would be prevented from calling the next person. I did notice that Ford sounded normal, sober, comfortable, and as if he understood every word of what he was saying in the recorded message.

I am actually a little bit sad that I will be outta town visiting family for Easter, and won't be able to check out Ford Fest. I am looking forward to the brave souls who will do UT reconnaissance reporting back. Can you go undercover, and dress the part? Maybe interview some of the folks there, and then give them some of the alt-Ford nation magnets! :)

"What if Jerry is actually an undercover TPS Officer? Wouldn't that just blow your mind?"
https://twitter.com/YYZMarc/status/456222490079920128
Here he is receiving his latest orders:
BlTcfuYIEAAlQUe.jpg

https://twitter.com/AgyeManMuscle/status/456230676744781824

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back