News   Jul 17, 2024
 1.4K     2 
News   Jul 17, 2024
 620     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
hahah basic.

On another note Douggie just told reporters "I don't know why you guys focus on the little things like who is donating money" and "Rob's opponents all have corrupt people working on their campaigns" and my favourite, "Rob and I will never be involved in a scandal."

*shakes head in disbelief*
I am the great and powerful Oz! Don't look behind the Ford curtain.
* quick! point over there at innocent people as a distraction and run away as soon as they turn their heads.*

I don't understand why he's asking for more info for the cops. Can the cops not locate a man named Leon Brule who lives on Grant Street if they are genuinely interested in speaking with him about charges?

There's a link to another post on that page that briefly explains that a friend of his has been libelled by Sattva and is looking to confirm who and where he is.

In addition, the cops may require a warrant to actually confirm Brule is Sattva. As libel is a civil action, it's not so likely that's gonna happen.

Both. This thread, even at its worst, is what has sustained me through these awful years. I take the good with the bad (and sometimes scroll more quickly than others).

The key word being "thread". The forum probably has an off-topic thread. I only visit this one as it already zaps up too much of what little personal time I have but there is always the option of staying on topic here, and posting cute and funny stuff in another area dedicated to that audience.

Why did MTown leave?

hahah basic.

On another note Douggie just told reporters "I don't know why you guys focus on the little things like who is donating money" and "Rob's opponents all have corrupt people working on their campaigns" and my favourite, "Rob and I will never be involved in a scandal."

He really doesn't listen to himself, does he? Unless he has no concept of what a scandal is.

The key word being "thread". The forum probably has an off-topic thread. I only visit this one as it already zaps up too much of what little personal time I have but there is always the option of staying on topic here, and posting cute and funny stuff in another area dedicated to that audience.

Why did MTown leave?
There are a lot of interesting threads on this forum. Take some time to explore :)

Don Peat ‏@reporterdonpeat 20m
"He's a really good man in my opinion" Cllr Doug Ford today on Ben Johnson #TOpoli

Don Peat ‏@reporterdonpeat 19m
Doug Ford stressed to reporters today that the campaign launch will be a "fundraising expense" #TOpoli

Don Peat ‏@reporterdonpeat 16m
"I would love for you guys once to go interrogate these people" Cllr Doug Ford on who is running John Tory & Olivia Chow campaigns #TOpoli

Doug really needs to know when to shut his pie-hole. Also, why does Peat work for the Sun? He's great.

STOP PICKING ON METROMAN!

Yes I'm yelling!

He's one of the many that's kept this thread alive and on point. He didn't digress into cellphones, garbage pickup, satellite receivers....etc!

He's obviously connected (lol) to the inside somewhat, more than most of us. I'm sure his divulging his name opens him up. He's got more ballz than us.

So let's give him some leeway IF it appears he's jumped the gun. He has the same if not more enthusiasm than us.

Metro man for mayor :)

Strange how many childish Internet trolls are old men.

Probably just a failure to listen, reinforced by constantly hearing the same thing from one's peer group. There are also examples from Mammoliti, such as 'exasperate' for 'exacerbate' ('That's just exasperating the problem').

Right. I've not heard that particular one. I'm surprised he didn't say "aspirate".

i think Kinsella's being a dick. What if it turns out the guy in the photo isn't even Brule? Way to ruin an innocent man's reputation.

Ruin his reputation? It's not like his photo is being shown across the evening news. It's a post asking if this guy is Leon Brule and if Leon Brule's alter ego is Sattva Namaste.

Why did MTown leave?

Not sure about MTown. He seems to be away for long-ish stints and then comes back, but it's been a while and, like my kitty cat in high school, I always knew one of these times that I'd never see his cute little gap-toothed avatar again (okay, I'll admit that simile is a crime against language).

Regarding OT posts: it's really hard delineating off-topic from on-topic when it comes to Ford. Clearly there's been a recent influx of bandwidth-heavy and "more offensive" posts in the past few weeks. I just scroll more, but I understand there are people who feel the need to read everything, and if I were such a person then I, too, would be seeking relief. Ultimately, we're at the mercy of each of our own bitter angels* (and the mods).

FWIW, I prefer this type of "noise" to the clearly malevolent attempts to derail the thread that were all the rage last summer and fall. Although once a sufficient number of regular posters caught on to the theme, it was kind of fun catching and deriding the derailers.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back