News   Jul 17, 2024
 1.2K     2 
News   Jul 17, 2024
 601     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
thanks.

For the record, I don't really mind the odd bit off comedy/satire. And let's face it: cat pics are awesome! :D

But sometimes it seems like people are just spamming the thread because they're bored. I guess everyone has a different interpretation of how much is too much, but if you're that bored/frustrated, maybe you should shut down your electronic device and go outside or something. It's spring (allegedly); get off your duff and move around! (And maybe you'll end up someplace where Ford is and you can get some incriminating pics :p ).

Better yet, call or go see someone you care about. You never know when it will be the last time. :(

That's exactly what it is. It only gets good in here when news hits.

Er, please tell me that "Frank D'Angelo song" is not the extent if your Googling of this man. If so, I'll just redirect to the speculated-in-this-thread notion that he and Ford may have crossed paths, given their coincident geography, extracurricular activities, temporal existence, and potentially mating habits and interactions with the criminal justice system.

Don't look at me. I didn't even know who he was until 5 minutes ago. Someone else posted the video but I recognised him as the late-night r&b singer wanna-be who has tortured my eardrums. I've heard this name in connection with Ford but I didn't put 2 and 2 together till that video was posted. Googling him after the fact turns up a whole lot more disturbing info than just that dreadful video.

Just going by the posts here Saturday night/early Sunday morning such as first post quoted above yours.

I think Goldsbie and Dale split up to cover both exits, Dale by the elevator, Goldsbie in the underground because Goldsbie saw him go in the cab. I believe he said it was only Ford. So the other 2 people that were with him likely left before Goldsbie and Dale showed up. It just seems odd that neither of them have referenced it. There was no talk about the burning smell, only about Ford going back to city hall after the game and that was only discussed because Ford talked about it yesterday. I figured Dale would make an addition to his article about the belligerent behaviour at the game but haven't seen anything.

I think Goldsbie and Dale split up to cover both exits, Dale by the elevator, Goldsbie in the underground because Goldsbie saw him go in the cab. I believe he said it was only Ford. So the other 2 people that were with him likely left before Goldsbie and Dale showed up. It just seems odd that neither of them have referenced it. There was no talk about the burning smell, only about Ford going back to city hall after the game and that was only discussed because Ford talked about it yesterday. I figured Dale would make an addition to his article about the belligerent behaviour at the game but haven't seen anything.

So, who reported on the smell of "burnt rubber"?

So, who reported on the smell of "burnt rubber"?

Goldsbie did first, because he was the first one there. He said he could smell it in the rotunda. Then he said he could smell it even stronger outside of Norm Kelly's office. Dale showed up and one of the first things he said was something smells funny.

What is the implication of the 'burnt rubber' smell. Is it indicative of anything in particular (sorry if that's a naive question)?

What is the implication of the 'burnt rubber' smell. Is it indicative of anything in particular (sorry if that's a naive question)?

Could imply the mayor was smoking something unusual, could imply a maintenance problem with the HVAC at City Hall. Don't really know why people are so focused on it.

Ok Folks.... I have been reading a lot about your Mayoral race, and I can conclude that most Torontonians on this forum do not want Ford re-elected.
That's fine with me, everyone is entitled to their own opinion. But what's really shocking to me is the amount of HATRED people spew on this forum against Rob Ford.

People have taken it so personal as if Rob Fords drinks to their stomach or smoke through their lungs. I do not condone some things he does like appearing on Jimmy kimmel and his public drunkings..
That said, I can assure you that if all the Mayoral Candidates had 24 Hour scrutiny, we would find lots of imperfections among them as well.

As a black person who go through constant racial profiling in my daily life, I find it tough to read all the hatred nonsense here on this forum because I can imagine what he is going through.
When are we going to stop all these unwaranted hatred and bigotry in society? When are we going to work hard for love for everyone irespective of their race, ethnicity or sexual orientation?

If you don't want to vote for him, just wait to cast your vote for your alternative on election day, no one is perfect and that include all Rob Ford Haters.
And remember, he was not elected to be a pastor....

Goldsbie did first, because he was the first one there. He said he could smell it in the rotunda. Then he said he could smell it even stronger outside of Norm Kelly's office. Dale showed up and one of the first things he said was something smells funny.

Going by memory, I could probably add a few points:

1. MSM has reported the two men left earlier. No time was specified. I believe it was DD who wrote that, but not sure.
2 RFMG reported they have also occasionally noticed the smell before and tweeted about it. Someone asked them what time of the day it was. I don't believe they replied.

Thing is, Rob was in his office from approx 10pm and 1:30am. What the heck was he doing there and, at least for part of the time, alone too!!

The only possible explanation I can think of is he was returning constituent phone calls!:)

Could imply the mayor was smoking something unusual, could imply a maintenance problem with the HVAC at City Hall. Don't really know why people are so focused on it.

First time poster here...crack apparently has a distinct rubber smell when burnt...according to my google searches anyways.

People are focused on it because the mayor (and his 2 guests who he seemingly met in the cab) were the only occupants in the building, unless the security guard was smoking something. Sure, it may have been a maintenance problem but it's kind of strange that the smell was so strong in the area of the mayor and deputy mayor's offices.

Er, please tell me that "Frank D'Angelo song" is not the extent if your Googling of this man. If so, I'll just redirect to the speculated-in-this-thread notion that he and Ford may have crossed paths, given their coincident geography, extracurricular activities, temporal existence, and potentially mating habits and interactions with the criminal justice system.

Frank D'Angelo hangs around the same crowd as the Commisso Brothers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back