464     0 
News   Jul 17, 2024
 1.3K     2 
News   Jul 17, 2024
 612     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.

Do we know how long he was at city hall for? Was he alone there? (I thought I read people got in the cab at the ACC with him) Do we know where he went after Muzik?

I'd love to know what phone calls he made while he was at his office.
Game ended around 9:50 so he probably got to city hall at 10:30 and left around 1:30. Goldsbie would have said if someone left with him. Incidentally, he took someone's cab when he left the ACC.

I think the taxpayers of Toronto are entitled to know how the mayor is utilizing city resources for 3 hours on a Saturday night. If he wants to smoke crack or get further shitfaced he should get a hotel and do it on his own dime. I hope someone asks for logs on when he entered and left, and who might have been with him and questions what exactly he was doing.

Maybe the issue needs to be framed in terms 'taxpayers' can better relate to. Rob Ford is our employee. Would you hire an alcoholic who comes back to the office to get drunk in the middle of the night? Who is drunk so often that he doesn't come in until noon and leaves a few hours later? If your employees said they were working from home so it balanced out, would you be okay with that? If your employee served as a public face to your company, would you want him drunk and swearing at public events?

Last edited:
Exactly, DD13.
That is a line of thinking any working person could relate to. Not only would you or I be fired for such behaviour, a coworker who exhibited such disregard for the organization would have a seriously detrimental effect.

Edited to correct autocorrect

Maybe the issue needs to be framed in terms 'taxpayers' can better relate to. Rob Ford is our employee. Would you hire an alcoholic would comes back to the office to get drunk in the middle of the night? Who is drunk so often that he doesn't come in until noon and leaves a few hours later? If your employees said they were working from home so it balanced out, would you be okay with that? If your employee served as a public face to your company, would you want him drunk and swearing at public events?

These are Rob's personal issues and as long as he's saving the taxpayers a buck or two, it's all good for the Nation :rolleyes:

What really kills me is the presentation of Ford being swarmed by "fans" when if you read the comments on almost every photo, video or tweet about it, these people are fans of the spectacle but not of Ford. One said that he didn't even realize it was Rob Ford until someone yelled the words "Fat F*ck". At the time that people were yelling "Ford more years" there were others calling him names and making fun of his drug use. But the media (and by media I mean Joe Warmingtong and CP24) take any sort of scene like that as support. And this is why the Rob Ford selfie's need to stop. It inflates his ego and it gives the perception that he has support that he doesn't have which may sway some people who are on the fence about whether or not this behaviour is appropriate.

So if Rob Ford had been successful in denying MLSE the money they were seeking to expand BMO field he would have been the first to tell Leiweke that "I saved your shareholders and Fans $100 Million dollars!".

Priceless - CP24 shows Ford visiting a Private Box at the ACC last night.

The box belonged to.... Lafarge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back