274     0 
News   Jul 18, 2024
 1.1K     2 
News   Jul 18, 2024
 1K     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sure, Rob might have had a coke. But he also had beer as seen in pics. Warmington is an ass. Sadly, people believe him

Man, the way he is walking around brazenly reminds me of the Cheshire Cat smile he had in his "There is no video" press conference.

Addiction + a sense of invincibility are a dangerous combination.

I also think the OPP backed off because of all the arrest "chatter", when in fact the TPS hasn't even gone to them yet with their complete case. Just my $0.02.

I want to believe this but why did MM say TPS was just waiting for the call to arrest?

Or is the extortion charge dead, but a case for other charges is still being built?

Man, the way he is walking around brazenly reminds me of the Cheshire Cat smile he had in his "There is no video" press conference.

Addiction + a sense of invincibility are a dangerous combination.

This is not going to end well for Rob, his life is circling the drain and he doesn't even know it. That's the scariest part of addiction, the addict always seems to be the last person to recognize the spiral. If he is mixing booze and oxy, which I suspect is happening, then he won't last long.

This is not going to end well for Rob, his life is circling the drain and he doesn't even know it. That's the scariest part of addiction, the addict always seems to be the last person to recognize the spiral. If he is mixing booze and oxy, which I suspect is happening, then he won't last long.
Charlie Sheen seems to be pulling it off okay :cool:

As an aside, I'm here in Vancouver for the weekend. It's soooo nice to see flowers, green grass, and had a late night walk around downtown without a coat. Wonderful. Why don't I live here?!!

This is from Joe Warmington's latest in the Sun, where he explains that Rob never learns anything:

"At one point, the mayor lost his cellphone, to which I joked that hopefully it won't cost millions again in an investigation to find out what happened to it."

Wormtongue's attitude about Ford being treated like a celebrity and "his enemies" hating it is exactly why I get angry at the people who take selfies with him. Ford and his cronies (including the block of dimwits that troll the internet on his behalf) take every single selfie as a sign of someone who would vote for Ford. They don't get that some people are doing it specifically to make fun of him. To him, every photo is a sign of approval. They need to stop.

And someone said back a few pages that if they were from out of town they would do it to; well I wouldn't. I would probably say something rude to him, and move on with my day. Giving him that attention makes him think he's done something good. And yes, I reserve the right to judge the people who are taking those selfies and cast them off as idiots who are perpetuating Ford's "celebrity" status and making him think that people approve of his actions. People like that are helping destroy this city.

This is from Joe Warmington's latest in the Sun, where he explains that Rob never learns anything:

"At one point, the mayor lost his cellphone, to which I joked that hopefully it won't cost millions again in an investigation to find out what happened to it."

Yeah, it kind of disturbs me how consistently Joe Warmington gets the facts of this story wrong. Info about Ford's lost cell phone came up during Project Traveller, an investigation into guns, drugs, and gangs. There was no million dollar investigation into Ford's phone.

Once again, hard to tell whether Warmington is really just too dumb to keep everything straight or if he enjoys intentionally misleading the public.

Way better joke he could have made? Something about needing to be supplied with kush to help Ford find it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back