425     0 
News   Jul 17, 2024
 1.2K     2 
News   Jul 17, 2024
 601     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
My friend thought maybe Ford got into an argument with Renata this morning, she bailed, Ford waited for her as long as he could but had to leave. Then as soon as Rob left Renata pulled back into driveway

I suspect Rob was dealing with a lot of things today. I'm coming around to back injury argument. Wouldn't be the least bit suprised if he was hungover from a bit of self-medicating, to boot. A family fight or a long call with a lawyer aren't a big stretch either, but that's the part we'll probably never know. Overall, though, I think we can stand-down from the arrest watch for a bit. I'm sure they'll be more days like this in the near future.

As a descendant of people who fled the rise of a totalitarian regime and wound up in Canada, I find this incredibly disturbing and enraging. The intimidation tactics used by the Ford crew in council chambers during the power-stripping debate were shocking as well. At the risk of sounding presumptuous, I think many people who have grown up in a mostly civil and mostly democratic country like Canada have missed the significance of these episodes.

Uhhh... yeah, because in Canada they're just tools who can't do anything with the film, because the country is civil and democratic.

Cristina Robins and her husband. It's not like it's hidden information. Some of the articles about the signs even interviewed her.

http://o.canada.com/news/fake-toronto-mayoral-candidates-419813/

If her husband is Aaron Starkman, then the 'Toronto Elites' argument is pretty much confirmed. El Dougo would chew that fact in a :15 soundbite, easy. Repeat and repeat and repeat. The Fords can easily slant this against itself. This is a clever bit that is nonetheless unhelpful.

For contrrast, here is some real guerilla stuff from MTL:

http://www.pancarte.tk/

Sloppy and ragged in part? Yes. But way more direct and visceral. More effective IMHO. I stand by the opinion that those signs in TB Park and wherever reinforce the victim narrative that is one of many the Fords will push (ineffectively, but still).

If her husband is Aaron Starkman, then the 'Toronto Elites' argument is pretty much confirmed. El Dougo would chew that fact in a :15 soundbite, easy. Repeat and repeat and repeat. The Fords can easily slant this against itself. This is a clever bit that is nonetheless unhelpful.

For contrrast, here is some real guerilla stuff from MTL:

http://www.pancarte.tk/

Sloppy and ragged in part? Yes. But way more direct and visceral. More effective IMHO. I stand by the opinion that those signs in TB Park and wherever reinforce the victim narrative that is one of many the Fords will push (ineffectively, but still).

I don't know what from that article made you think Aaron Starkman is her husband. Christina Robins is a casual acquaintance of my girlfriend's and I know her somewhat from Twitter. Her husband's name is Jason. I think he's a chef. Anyway, they seem like good people from the little bit I know about them. I thought the campaign was effective as far as getting actual media eyes on grassroots opposition to Ford.

I suspect Rob was dealing with a lot of things today. I'm coming around to back injury argument. Wouldn't be the least bit suprised if he was hungover from a bit of self-medicating, to boot. A family fight or a long call with a lawyer aren't a big stretch either, but that's the part we'll probably never know. Overall, though, I think we can stand-down from the arrest watch for a bit. I'm sure they'll be more days like this in the near future.

I happen to know one of his "known associates" and said person despite knowing I was going to contact them today is not answering calls or texts. I am leaning towards "partied a lil too hard" over "broke my back just being a health freak".

We can stand down on the arrest talk and have Santa Claus surprise us. That's the way to go, no silly pool.

But, some odd things happened today. There was Ford hiding in his house, while his driver was at City Hall. If he had back pain wouldn't his big bodybuilder driver be a handy guy at home to help him get to work?

Then there were the helicopter sightings over Ford's driving route to city hall as he was on his way.

Add it up and it just adds flavor to the stew but there was something odd going on.

I don't know what from that article made you think Aaron Starkman is her husband. Christina Robins is a casual acquaintance of my girlfriend's and I know her somewhat from Twitter. Her husband's name is Jason. I think he's a chef. Anyway, they seem like good people from the little bit I know about them. I thought the campaign was effective as far as getting actual media eyes on grassroots opposition to Ford.

Apologies to all then. The linked article made it seem like a duo.

My friend thought maybe Ford got into an argument with Renata this morning, she bailed, Ford waited for her as long as he could but had to leave. Then as soon as Rob left Renata pulled back into driveway

That's more like it. He arrived looking upset and angry, not sick or injured.

She also could sink him with one shot. That would explain the Scrooge after meeting Marley look he had.

Don't anyone hold your breathe for that to happen. I used to be much more sympathetic towards her but from what I have been told, she is no angel. She would lack credibility for a few reasons. And again, if what I have been told is to be believed she stands to lose more than gain from leaving and spilling the beans on Robbie.

The correct part of that is that they fight constantly so what would make today different than any other day?

Don't anyone hold your breathe for that to happen. I used to be much more sympathetic towards her but from what I have been told, she is no angel. She would lack credibility for a few reasons. And again, if what I have been told is to be believed she stands to lose more than gain from leaving and spilling the beans on Robbie.

The correct part of that is that they fight constantly so what would make today different than any other day?
Can you spill the beans? Share what you know please. :)

All true

My point was that Ford should fear her. She can ruin him. If she went all Tiger Woods' wife and finally called the last straw then I can understand the fear in Ford's eyes. She has her parents, isn't powerful, never wanted to be. Whatever Renata might lose, Ford and his thug family would lose more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back