Status
Not open for further replies.
From @TOMayorFrod

Screen Shot 2014-03-31 at 1.28.19 PM.jpg

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-03-31 at 1.28.19 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2014-03-31 at 1.28.19 PM.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 409
It's true that if you have growth potential and are profitable, it is better to stay put to maximize your long-term gains than cashing out early, but there's a sizeable risk in that. Ford's not exactly a long-term thinking kind of guy, but he is a risk-taker, so who knows - I think he's just rambling. He's not much of a businessman.

All depends on the context. If you got the capacity and the skill to scale up, then yes, ride curve. If not, a sale can be a princely exit. Different strategies work for different companies. In either case, yes, Rob is not exactly a sophisticated biz guy. I also think he's just rambling, based on his experience as the beneficiary of a family-owned business.

@ddale8: Here is a slick pro-Chow ad that doesn't appear to be from the campaign itself:

[video]https://t.co/80GlWEvd8q[/video]

(More lame fake 8-bit.)

Last edited:
Like putting up fake election signs, or something more nefarious?

BenSpurr 1:18pm via TweetDeck
Police at 14 Division holding a community meeting on Thursday to discuss "common misuse" of Trinity Bellwoods Park.

Like putting up fake election signs, or something more nefarious?

BenSpurr 1:18pm via TweetDeck
Police at 14 Division holding a community meeting on Thursday to discuss "common misuse" of Trinity Bellwoods Park.

It probably has to do with the hipster picnic parties that have ballooned in recent years in the park. Now that the sunny weather is coming, it's guaranteed that the hipsters will follow!

That's good because I have a sign up in support of Porter's island airport expansion. My window, my rules, dammit!

(And with that, I have lost the support of the forum)

I have read and enjoyed your posts and we agree on pretty much everything, at least in regards to Rob Ford!:) So I am surprised at your support of the airport expansion. Just curious as to your reasoning on this. Feel free to PM me if you feel that may OT for this thread. Otherwise I think others on here would be curious too.

They're having the meeting now that the weather's warm enough for the drinking/peeing/puking that seems to have taken over the park on some weekends.

It probably has to do with the hipster picnic parties that have ballooned in recent years in the park. Now that the sunny weather is coming, it's guaranteed that the hipsters will follow!
There used to be the huge drum circles in TBP with Drummers in Exile, but that was more hippie than hipster.

Ah - it's the the old 'attempted mopery with a subversive instrument', then?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back