News   Jul 17, 2024
 1.4K     2 
News   Jul 17, 2024
 620     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a medium, yes.

It's the height of laziness and attention whoring. Nothing appears on Twitter that doesn't get published 15 minutes later. For every cell phone pic that is relevant there is endless amounts of bullshit and ego to shovel through. It's the bathroom mirror before the medication of the planet.

Again, it depends on the users. If you take time to curate a reliable feed it can be an incredible resource. A poor workman blames his tools.

Again, it depends on the users. If you take time to curate a reliable feed it can be an incredible resource. A poor workman blames his tools.

Agreed. If your feed is terrible, you really have no one to blame but yourself.

I'm not so sure about the "powerful and rich" part. I can't help but think that, in comparison, they are still minor league. Maybe a big fish in a small pond. And a lot of it could be illusory, built up by the Ford's usual hyperbole and exaggeration. When the shit hits the fan, we may just find the emperor really has no clothes.

This whole Rob Ford saga is a big deal for our city. But his eventual downfall will be a good soap opera and talk show material. In terms of political and financial impact, I really think it will be minimal. Nothing more than a side note.

Could be different if it crosses over to Bay Street or (dare we remember the chatter) famous hockey sportscaster types?

Depending on the users................

Yeah, that'll work

Something tells me I'm into something good

[video=youtube;FFvXvfUF-Co]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FFvXvfUF-Co[/video]

Last edited:
Again, it depends on the users. If you take time to curate a reliable feed it can be an incredible resource.

To this, I'm with you. The May night the Gawker thing broke, I knew that instant (Which eventually led to UT). And it was, like, "WTF? if this is true he's gotta resign right?" Admittedly, some #s (Hey #TOPoli) are cesspools of slime, ignorance, propaganda and trolling of the worst sort (Hey, @manuvsteel and lion guy!). But if you're not following pop stars and such, and are following smart folks, you'll get a pretty great feed for news, finance and culture. Personally, I'm glad that it eventually led to UT because the discussion - derails included - here regarding Ford, urban issues, architecture, planning, etc. are unmatched.

To this, I'm with you. The May night the Gawker thing broke, I knew that instant (Which eventually led to UT). And it was, like, "WTF? if this is true he's gotta resign right?" Admittedly, some #s (Hey #TOPoli) are cesspools of slime, ignorance, propaganda and trolling of the worst sort (Hey, @manuvsteel and lion guy!). But if you're not following pop stars and such, and are following smart folks, you'll get a pretty great feed for news, finance and culture. Personally, I'm glad that it eventually led to UT because the discussion - derails included - here regarding Ford, urban issues, architecture, planning, etc. are unmatched.

That is true - if you search and follow a hashtag, you do have to sort through all kinds of random crap. That's why I rarely take that approach. For Ford news, I have built up a list of about 40 journalists and insiders that I follow for information and insight. Maybe the people with complaints about Twitter are doing the hashtag follow?

godot.jpg

Attachments

• godot.jpg
    godot.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 407
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back