389     0 
News   Jul 17, 2024
 1.1K     2 
News   Jul 17, 2024
 588     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know for me this seems like an eternity ago... But have any UT sleuths been able to figure out who was with Rob for his pre-St. Patricks day party at City Hall? Was he drinking alone and calling constituents back?

All indications are that he was alone. A staffer left just before he arrived. It's possible someone else showed up after, I suppose.

One person at the sit-in later told me, off the record, that earlier that day, they saw a staffer come in with a brown paper bag that looked LCBO-ish, but they couldn't tell for sure.

The people with him when he was hailing the cab look like bystanders to me. There were tons of people hanging around Nathan Phillips Square when I passed that night a little later.

Last edited:
"Rob Ford's councillor knockdown ruled an accident after city investigation
Petite Councillor Pam McConnell got hit by a barrelling Mayor Ford hard enough to get a fat lip at a raucous meeting Nov. 18. But a city probe concluded Ford was just looking out for Doug when he charged through council chambers."
http://www.thestar.com/news/city_ha...tml?utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitterfeed

Nothing in that article absolves Ford of responsibility in civil law. While not intentional (i.e. "accidental"), it was still negligent as it is defined as the failure to act as a reasonable person would be expected to act in similar circumstances, which Ford is most certainly guilty of.

“'Mr. Provost stated that he did not believe that the Mayor running into Councillor McConnell was deliberate and that the Mayor was running and ‘didn’t see her.’ Mr. Provosts (sic) stated he believes that the Mayor just saw 'his brother in trouble and reacted.'”

Ford "didn't see her," but he should have. A reasonable person would have.

"The report says Paxton believed Ford was 'oblivious' to McConnell while 'looking into the crowd, in his brother’s direction.'”

A reasonable person would not be "oblivious."

The city's insurer would most certainly concede that McConnell's injuries arose from Ford's negligence should she decide to take action. She wouldn't even have to sue, or get a lawyer. All she needs to do is notify the city of her intent to claim damages, and they'll happily negotiate a settlement.

Last edited:
All indications are that he was alone. A staffer left just before he arrived. It's possible someone else showed up after, I suppose.

One person at the sit-in later told me, off the record, that earlier that day, they saw a staffer come in with a brown paper bag that looked LCBO-ish, but they couldn't tell for sure.

The people with him when he was hailing the cab look like bystanders to me. There were tons of people hanging around Nathan Phillips Square when I passed that night a little later.

That is my take from the video too.

Getting sloshed or getting high in your office by yourself on a weekend night............hmmmmm..........not a good sign.

That is my take from the video too.

Getting sloshed or getting high in your office by yourself on a weekend night............hmmmmm..........not a good sign.

He apparently just arrived at his office with an "unidentified bag" under his arm...

Ford knives.jpg

Attachments

• Ford knives.jpg
    Ford knives.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 634
I hate to gossip, but the folks at the sit-in think Ford may have had an LCBO bag under his arm when he entered his office 40 minutes ago. Drunk-dialing constituents again?

I hate to gossip, but the folks at the sit-in think Ford may have had an LCBO bag under his arm when he entered his office 40 minutes ago. Drunk-dialing constituents again?

On a Sat afternoon? What with his "campaigning at nightclubs on weekdays, does he spend any time with his kids at all?

btw, gossip is good!:)

He couldn't be brazen (heh) enough to literally bring it in an LCBO bag, could he? Surely there are a million better ways to hide it. Doesn't he carry a briefcase or anything?

I'd say it's a toss-up at this point. Who woulda thunk he'd be brazen enough to go on a Jamaican patois-filled rant against the police chief at Steak Queen?

He couldn't be brazen (heh) enough to literally bring it in an LCBO bag, could he? Surely there are a million better ways to hide it. Doesn't he carry a briefcase or anything?

Graeme (sp?) who works for Ford just showed up at City Hall. He likely follows Rob Ford Must Go on twitter. Just sayin.

Also, someone committed to anchor one of the slots at the sit-in today and didn't show up. They were a first timer and used a different name on the form compared to their email address. This, just a couple of days after Doug Ford told the sit-in people he could bring in 1,000 people to cover up the signs of those sitting. Hmmmm...

This seems like something bound to get the conspiracy fires burning again here....A little Cortelucci action, via @MayorRobFrod:
I may not have many allies left on council, but I still have friends in high places:
http://pagesix.com/2014/03/21/rob-ford-has-friends-in-high-places/

by Richard Johnson
How did booze-guzzling, crack-smoking Rob Ford ever get elected mayor of Toronto? And how is he still in office after becoming the laughing-stock of North America?
The answer is that Ford has friends in high places — particularly, Mario Cortellucci, a real-estate developer, who bundled $30,000 to Ford’s campaign. And about half that money was raised after the election to pay off campaign debts.
The Ford administration is in the process of selling off 400 Toronto waterfront acres to private developers for office towers, luxury condos — maybe even an NFL stadium. And Cortellucci is set to get the first parcel.
Jimmy Kimmel, Ford’s biggest fan, said on Wednesday: “He’s a one-man stampede. It’s like he is the star of his own hidden camera prank show . . . I can’t get enough of this guy. I really can’t. If they don’t elect him mayor again, I really want him to move out here [to LA], preferably into my home with me . . . or at least do a reality show, ‘Here Comes Mayor Boo Boo.’ ”

This seems like something bound to get the conspiracy fires burning again here....A little Cortelucci action, via @MayorRobFrod:
I may not have many allies left on council, but I still have friends in high places:
http://pagesix.com/2014/03/21/rob-ford-has-friends-in-high-places/
The Cortelucci clan's contributions to the 2010 Mayoralty race looked something this (info from TMMIS)
R Ford $24,000 (10 contributions)
Smitherman $4,000 (2 contributions)
Pantalone $2,000 (1 contribution)
Rossi $750 (1 contribution)

Mayor Frod just (okay 'just' when I started looking at this) tweeted about 'having friends in high places' with a link to a NY Post page six article of the same name (here) hunh, interesting... Cortellucci is the guy building the Vaughn City Centre/Expo City, developing the land surrounding the new north end of the Yonge-University-Spadina line and holds the lease (through 2041) on the Hearn Power Station as well. With a little more digging, the G&M had an article about "these" donation"s" back in 2011 (here) and suggests that the cash bought him a private meeting with the Mayor shortly after... Now that all the broad strokes planning is done with the Port Lands (which started just a few months after the donation and meeting, and included input from all the stakeholders), when does the City start selling off it's bits to the developers? (and should someone be keeping an eye on the Mayor's bank accounts?)

Her twitter account states that she is a "Total dyke!". She also from Winnipeg, so the photo was probably more of a "Hey, look what I saw" than a sign of support.
yes, her profile description and the profile pic showing someone holding up a rainbow flag in Moscow's Red Square.
(you mean you don't check out all these sources I take the time to document, dubster?)

LOL! ;)

Haha, love this tweet by Mayor Frod :p

Mayor Crime Lord ‏@TOMayorFrod 3h
Doug & I will be holding some emergency fundraising events. We had a minor cash-flow setback: http://buff.ly/1jficC0 #TOCrimeCity #TOpoli
The linked article: 40 kilos of cocaine seized at Pearson airport

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back