5.1K     6 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 2K     3 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 727     1 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sure, as OSS117 mentioned, it was detailed in a post here last fall about a run-in with Ford at a strip club. It's a perfect example of his "don't you know who I am?" grasping for street cred thing.

Took me a bit to find it, and here it is:

http://urbantoronto.ca/forum/showthread.php/14268-Mayor-Rob-Ford-s-Toronto?p=770309#post770309

I bet the guy's pot dealer had a vermin-inspired nickname.

What I'm wondering is: did he mean he sells the most product to RoFo or does the Pot dealer get the majority of his supply from the Fords? If RoFo is supplying people, it would lend cred to the "deco pipeline" theory, and would fit with the envelopes and using the deco van for pick ups...Assuming that this Pot dealer and Rat Lisi are one in the same.

The Nephew/Placeholder would have to win, first. I'm pretty sure Doug was Rob's first placeholder, and that didn't exactly turn out too well for the people of Ward 2.

I don't imagine Mikey's got much going for him other than the name, does he?

What I'm wondering is: did he mean he sells the most product to RoFo or does the Pot dealer get the majority of his supply from the Fords? If RoFo is supplying people, it would lend cred to the "deco pipeline" theory, and would fit with the envelopes and using the deco van for pick ups...Assuming that this Pot dealer and Rat Lisi are one in the same.

Option B is how I would read "my biggest hookup", and that's a good catch, but people seem to use "hookup" in almost any way they feel like these days.

I bet the guy's pot dealer had a vermin-inspired nickname.

I can't see them gambling with the golden egg (Deco). Say what you will about the Ford's. Doug's smart enough to know to not cross his legit business with his illegal business.

Or, they'll just blame the employee if the deco van was ever caught. I really don't know. This whole story is so messed you start getting led down some conspiracy theories, yet you have to take them semi serious because it is all so surreal.

Anyone know what the deadline is for printing the ballots? I would like him to not even be on the ballot and make it a 'clean' race/vote.

I was at City Hall yesterday and I passed by a TV reporter and her cameraman as they were walking up the stairs and the cameraman was telling her about what happened (the Ford rampage) and he was visibly very upset. He was saying how Ford made the media look like children, like it was a kindergarten class gone wild. It's all part of his strategy to make the media look bad.

I know this will never happen but I would like to see the media stop covering him. He never says anything worthwhile, he's been stripped of his powers, yet there is a mob of reporters there to greet him at city hall so they can shout questions that he won't answer. The footage yesterday showed a ridiculous number of reporters and camerapeople. This is not to defend Ford's rampage, but I would love to see a letter on behalf of a wide number of media outlets saying that due to the Mayor's conduct they will only participate in planned press conferences under controlled circumstances. This would not be acceptable if he still had his powers, but he doesn't so stop treating him like he matters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back