123     0 
News   Jul 18, 2024
 292     1 
News   Jul 17, 2024
 726     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just went to check this out and found a great comment on one of Toronto Mike's posts about it:

"You people just won't give up.
That's the third time that post has shown up on Toronto Mike.
Give it a break, this story (fantasy) is going nowhere.
I am hopeful that you will all retract your comments when and if it is proven false."

Then below that:

"I mean think about about it, would he really put himself in such a situation with camera rolling "

Well, we now know the answer is yes, he would, apparently numerous times.
Still waiting for Ford supporters to eat crow for buying into the lies for so long.

Here's my favorite exchange from that thread:

Argie
October 31, 2013 / 12:17

Well no point in ruining the party. I'll let you people enjoy it.

I'm more than willing to say Ford should resign or be removed. The losers however will be the hardworking taxpayers who will have to put up with another David Miller type. Sure, he/she/it will speak well, attend every gay event possible but your city will be run into the ground financially. Enjoy the year.

Icarus
October 31, 2013 / 12:24

Better to have a mayor attending gay pride, than stealing copper piping from city hall for crack money!

Interesting: In the summary of the tapped phone conversations from April 20th last year in the ITO, Liban Syad always refers to the marijuana Lisi gave him in exchange for the phone as "Rob Ford's kush". Lends credence to possibility of assisting drug trafficking charges.

Don't know about that, but the two biggest days for Ford/Lisi contact were April 20 (19 times), the day Ford lost his cell phone and Lisi was trying to get it back; and May 25 (18 times), the day Ford made his infamous "I cannot comment on a video that I haven't seen or does not exist" statement. From the ITO We know a fair bit about what occurred on April 20, but not much about May 25. I think soon we'll be finding out a whole lot more.

Here's a quick and dirty chart of Ford-Lisi contacts from the ITO:

Great chart! Remember, though, that calls made to Ford's cellphone during the wee hours of April 20 are probably not calls made to Ford.

After several reports of multiple calls made in the space of 1 or 2 minutes, all lasting 0-2 seconds, the ITO notes (pg 214):
Analysis: I believe that by now SlYAD or someone had Mayor FORD's cell phone because you can see LISI is constantly calling Mayor FORD's phone possibly in an effort for the person who has it to pick it up.

my goodness that's a bold statement

i want to be the first to say how nice it was knowing you, even if briefly

:)

Didn't say mattered in a good way or bad way - just being factual. The Vikings didn't exactly kick off five centuries of colonization. Maybe first European that mattered but that's hardly a controversial statement.

Great chart! Remember, though, that calls made to Ford's cellphone during the wee hours of April 20 are probably not calls made to Ford.

After several reports of multiple calls made in the space of 1 or 2 minutes, all lasting 0-2 seconds, the ITO notes (pg 214):
Analysis: I believe that by now SlYAD or someone had Mayor FORD's cell phone because you can see LISI is constantly calling Mayor FORD's phone possibly in an effort for the person who has it to pick it up.

Good point. That makes the 18 calls on May 25 even more unusual. It's also interesting that the ITO specifially states that one of the May 25 calls was to Fords' city hall office number. Could this have been the "all clear" to go ahead and make his statment?

Good point. That makes the 18 calls on May 25 even more unusual. It's also interesting that the ITO specifially states that one of the May 25 calls was to Fords' city hall office number. Could this have been the "all clear" to go ahead and make his statment?
Yes, good catch!

Sorry to burst your bubble however it started March 27, 2013 on Toronto Mike's Blog with a Post from "Rinse" belabouring her friend about not reporting R Ford for smoking crack.....

not sure what "bubbles" have to do with anything, bursting or otherwise...anyway, just pointing out the moment the UT community and this thread caught wind of the story that shocked the world.

no one (yourself included) knew about the Toronto Mike "Rinse" post at the time (it was March 26th--not 27th). it only became widely known once the Basso house became part of the story in early June, and became retrospectively very significant, along w Sarah Thomson, Garrison Ball etc.

Also, I know it's off topic but...this part of the world had an ancient culture that had existed for thousands of years. Colombus didn't discover shit.

not sure what "bubbles" have to do with anything, bursting or otherwise...anyway, just pointing out the moment the UT community and this thread caught wind of the story that shocked the world.

no one (yourself included) knew about the Toronto Mike "Rinse" post at the time (it was March 26th--not 27th). it only became widely known once the Basso house became part of the story in early June, and became retrospectively very significant, along w Sarah Thomson, Garrison Ball etc.

Don't make assumptions......

That Toronto Mike post is quite something. It kind of died after the 'Drunk-at-the-Garrison-Ball' thing. Then picked up again, post-Gawker/Star/Crack. Scrolling through those later posts, found this, fwiw:

"jill
June 8, 2013 / 01:20

@Argie- you are like a pitbull with it's jaws locked! You can't get past your bias. Ben made point that shot all of yours down yet you insist. I'm ashamed that I voted for Ford but I know a bunch of us who would never do it again...and he's done all of this himself. It's a big freaking deal when this clown who's supposed to run this city is threatening tourists at a hockey game- telling the wife he's going to rape and shoot her??WTF is that? I don't know if you are Doug, his daughters, or just stuck in cement and can't find a way out but I know who's on their way out. RIP Anthony Smith/Rinse".

Apologies if this has been posted before. I hadn't seen it until now.

Last edited:
Whoa. The scary thing is that the Rinse/Smith timing kind of makes sense. Did Rinse ever post again on the blog?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back