News   Jun 25, 2024
 1.9K     2 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gavin McGarry ‏@gavinmcgarry 3m
OMG muppet Gonzo now is making Ford jokes on @JimmyKimmelLive

Gavin McGarry ‏@gavinmcgarry 2m
I guess no after dinner with @jimmykimmel as Ford entourage left v quickly. @JimmyKimmelLive staff looking a bit shocked.

If this is true (and I hope it is), I honestly wonder if they really believed it was all going to turn out well. Did no one think it was a bad idea? Are they really shocked? And if they are, just what planet do they live on?

Daniel Dale
@ddale8

Breaking: Mayor Rob Ford attacks Police Chief Bill Blair, city councillors, Toronto media on Jimmy Kimmel appearance. Story up shortly.

If this is true (and I hope it is), I honestly wonder if they really believed it was all going to turn out well. Did no one think it was a bad idea? Are they really shocked? And if they are, just what planet do they live on?

Planet Ford or as I like to call it Fordlandia. Where everything works out perfectly no matter what crap they get themselves into, and people always believe what they say.

"Every city I go to, I go to City Hall,'' he said brightly, surrounded by his handlers on the steps of City Hall. "I just pop in to say hi."

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/...its-la-20140303,0,3658191.story#ixzz2uxghaRBF

Hubris.

eta:
Ford told reporters at L.A. City Hall that he was in town because late-night talk show host Jimmy Kimmel had invited him to make an appearance on Kimmel's show. Ford said he arrived Saturday and attended an Oscars party Sunday night.
"I'm looking for more movies to be made," he said of Toronto's $1.2-billion filming industry, perhaps unaware that his pitch is at odds with Garcetti's campaign to stem runaway production. "We have a beautiful city, and it's safe. It's very multicultural, and taxes are low."

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/...its-la-20140303,0,3658191.story#ixzz2uxhHviD0

I am in love with the LA Times coverage of this.

eta again!:
With a flushed, round face and Rush Limbaugh-like physique, Ford has become a favorite topic on late-night TV shows. Kimmel frequently pokes fun at him. But Ford said he's not worried about his Monday-night appearance.
"He has a job to do, and I have a job to do,'' Ford said. He said he has become an exercise fanatic and is moving on.
"I think you can see I'm working out every day,'' he said. "I'm down 40 pounds. And I'm excited for the election."

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/...its-la-20140303,0,3658191.story#ixzz2uxi1BDt4

So it's been 40 pounds since January right?

Last edited:
shinan govani ‏@shinangovani 3m
In many ways, Kimmel was the most aggressive interviewer Ford's had, almost prosecutorial. AND he got downright Dr. Drew with him at end.

Nick Hune-Brown ‏@nickhunebrown 1m
Just watched the mayor of my city stand in front of a studio audience while they laughed in his face. Then Doug & Randy threw out T-shirts.

------------------------------------------------------

He's joking about the tshirts, right? RIGHT??????? :eek:

So Wormtongue wrote a column tonight pre-emptively crowing about Robbie's triumphant Kimmel appearance. Which uh, was quickly pulled from the Sun site as soon as the Twitter reviews started rolling in. Hahahaha.

wow. I used to just find Worm ridiculous and laugh him off. But lately I want to corner him in a dark alley and pummel him. What is wrong with this guy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back