439     0 
News   Jul 17, 2024
 1.3K     2 
News   Jul 17, 2024
 604     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Check the Accomplishments page where the TIC typo was fixed with Replace All.

Eliminated the S-cent bag tax: Ensures that retailers have a choice in charging for plasTTC bags.

Economic Growth and Job Creation Strategy:After a prolonged period of moving sideways,the unemployment rate

in Toronto is very noTTCeably dropping:

haha.gif
priceless!
who needs "edumacation" when we have "replace all" :p

ETA: lazy, too. they didn't even rerun spellcheck after the "replace all" -- it would have caught those errors.

Last edited:
Sigh. You know, one of my guilty pleasures is watching the Oscars. Not just because I am a film buff, but also because I love to watch the stars of Hollywood both shine and fall off their Loubitons. I am already pre-cringing (new word) in anticipation of how our Mayor will embarrass Toronto in a show that is watched around the world. Even if it is just for the Jimmy Kimmel show, you know it will be world news.... What used to be just unreal and amusing is now turning into head shaking shame.

I am out of town and away from the interwebs. Just catching up. Hollywood. Oscars. This is so surreal.
This story just keeps getting weirder and weirder.

I am out of town and away from the interwebs. Just catching up. Hollywood. Oscars. This is so surreal.
This story just keeps getting weirder and weirder.
...and no less entertaining.

Rob Ford would be the subject of a great Hollywood film, one that has a good chance of getting the Academy Award for Best Picture.

[video=youtube;eD3FN0Ah4RE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eD3FN0Ah4RE[/video]

I knew he was going to set up a campaign office in Scarborough. I can't remember if it was someone here who said it (JimmiT?). They had done some polling and found he had lost support in Scarborough and Etobicoke so they opened up campaign offices there. I'm in Scarborough and not too far from where his office is, I will have to take a look one of these days.

Edit: Wow

Bob Rae ‏@BobRae48 52m

So Rob Ford is going to the Oscars, lucky there's no drugs or booze in Hollywood, and no chance for him to lie on Jimmy Kimmel.#TOpoli

RoFo and DoFo stated the Scarborough office will be the first of several offices.

I hate to be Facty McFacterson, but Toronto's unemployment rate is noTTCeably rising.

Also, his #2 accomplishment is "Made Nathan Philips Square Safe and Inviting for Citizens".

a) When did we become citizens and not taxpayers?
b) How is NPS any different than it was in 2010? Hero Burgers?

Rob Ford had nothing to do with NPS revitalization, in fact he openly declared it a waste of taxpayers money. Except he did get the burger stand in there.

That would take way too much manual labour. The donor list was never provided in anything but image format. It has to be OCRed and then every line has to be manually verified/cleaned up. Only then can you throw it into Excel and start analyzing the data.

I'd only do something like that if it was my job. That's a lot of dreadful work.

Nah, it only took an evening. I won't vouch for it being perfect, but it looks like RoFo had 57 donors (out of 2725) who gave the maximum amount of $2500 – but they accounted for 20% of the money he raised.

I assume this is total BS. Can someone with a full donor list from 2010 do a frequency analysis to see what % of Ford's donors/dollars came from <$50 amounts vs. >$1,000?

OCRing the file from here:

cleaning it up, and parsing the information, I count 703 donors of $50 or less and 149 of $1000 or more (including 57 who donated the maximum). Of course, those donors of $50 or less only contributed $25,730 to his campaign, while those who gave $1000 or more contributed $244,750.

Here are the results histogrammed in $250 bins:

Donors.jpg

Donations.jpg

The highest bin is entirely $2500 donors; they alone contributed 20% of Ford's donations.

Attachments

• Donors.jpg
    Donors.jpg
    16.4 KB · Views: 437
  • Donations.jpg
    Donations.jpg
    18.1 KB · Views: 442
Dance clown, dance...

wilnervision 12:26am via Web
Rob Ford sees himself as a rock star when he's really a circus bear. @jimmykimmel is basically engaging in animal abuse this weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back