55     0 
News   Jul 17, 2024
 437     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 885     2 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
How can they do that? I'm fairly new to Twitter, I thought they were all about free speech?

All social media platforms have terms of use and policies against what they define as inappropriate content. They generally depend on other users flagging content that violates those terms, so like someone else said, it's most likely that a bunch of people all flagged the account at roughly the same time and triggered an automatic suspension pending a review.

I don't know if that side of the story is true. Could be. I know Lisi for sure was telling those guys that mafia was coming for them.

Maybe they're referencing Lisi's loaned Land Rover kinda fancy. Maybe it was just Lisi walking around with a bag of Ford's money? Was the ex-client who leased the car to Lisi ever named?

for what it's worth, it's greek names that are attached to the sex workers and limos side of the story

And going back to the firebombed King W. clubs story (which was bandied about in this thread but, to my knowledge, never directly tied to the Ford saga; rather, it was cited as an instance of organized crime that happens all around us without our knowledge), those clubs were Greek-owned (not sure about the Peter/Richmond incident (John/Richmond would make sense), but there were several incidents at Cinema and Brant House). On the issue of non-discriminatory criminal syndicates, the guys charged with those crimes were Portuguese from Toronto and WASP from Newmarket. I read that as "bikers", but there's been no follow-up reportage, so who knows?

"Paging JimmiT" (just kiddin', JimmiT)

Maybe they're referencing Lisi's loaned Land Rover kinda fancy. Maybe it was just Lisi walking around with a bag of Ford's money? Was the ex-client who leased the car to Lisi ever named?

Yes, and outed (in this thread) as a recovering crackhead (maybe cokehead?) who works (worked?) for a prominent headhunting company.

Last edited:
Yep, and he's a good guy! Family man now. I hear he wasn't too thrilled about leasing the car for him but that Lisi had something on him.

Thanks Jimmi T. The media seemed to give the guy a pass. I just wondered if there was more to the story. This idea of Ford & company keeping secrets on higher ups.

This is what has happened to the Rexdale job market during the Rob and Doug Ford era

Mayor Rob Ford’s insistence that “Toronto is booming” is indeed correct—if you focus on downtown. Not every part of the city has been so prosperous, especially Ford’s own ’hood. He claimed he could “make Rexdale the new Rosedale” when he was councillor, and his brother campaigned on the promise of bringing jobs in the area, but the Rexdale Employment District has been bleeding jobs for more than a decade.

http://www.thegridto.com/city/polit...rket-looks-like-in-the-rob-and-doug-ford-era/

All social media platforms have terms of use and policies against what they define as inappropriate content. They generally depend on other users flagging content that violates those terms, so like someone else said, it's most likely that a bunch of people all flagged the account at roughly the same time and triggered an automatic suspension pending a review.

CBC reports that:

Twitter's impersonation policy states that "accounts portraying another person in a confusing or deceptive manner may be permanently suspended."

But it also states that it only accepts complaints from "the individual being impersonated or someone legally authorized to act on his or her behalf."

CBC reports that:

Twitter's impersonation policy states that "accounts portraying another person in a confusing or deceptive manner may be permanently suspended."

But it also states that it only accepts complaints from "the individual being impersonated or someone legally authorized to act on his or her behalf."

CityTV’s Cynthia Mulligan adds that Ford’s staffers have told her that they did inquire about the account, though they didn’t ask for it to be removed.

http://www.torontolife.com/informer...od-rob-ford-impersonator-banned-from-twitter/

CBC reports that:

I can't remember now but did the Frod account have the words "parody account" in the description (on his main page)? I think that should be enough to satisfy any complainers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back