867     2 
News   Jul 18, 2024
 774     0 
News   Jul 18, 2024
 578     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Those z1035 on air dj's giving the Ford interview were about as bad as Conrad Black and his kindergarten questions.

Z1035.....what a joke! Do they have to now be registered as giving airtime for Ford campaigning? Do they not have to allow other candidates the same? Any UT legal types know the election rules on this type of issue.

the people in the photographs from the nightclub don't look like the kind of folks i hang around with, but good grief UT we are a judgemental and snippy bunch. i'm sure these folks are fun, bright, decent, interesting people in their own right. tarring them by the attendance of the ford brothers does nobody any good. and of course they are going to be all smiles when getting their picture with the mayor or his brother(s)! the mayor is an international celebrity.

Really? Looking at the photos made me remember why I don't go to those kinds of places.
But I do agree that we need to be inclusive and reach out to everyone in Toronto's 'Mimico Shore' to share what we know about RF.

the people in the photographs from the nightclub don't look like the kind of folks i hang around with, but good grief UT we are a judgemental and snippy bunch. i'm sure these folks are fun, bright, decent, interesting people in their own right. tarring them by the attendance of the ford brothers does nobody any good. and of course they are going to be all smiles when getting their picture with the mayor or his brother(s)! the mayor is an international celebrity.

Having once been a young woman in my 20's who would've gone under-dressed to a club mid-week, I reserve the right to make a little fun. If the Fords weren't, well, the Fords, I might actually feel sorry for them because it's obvious that many looking for photos with them were doing so for the novelty of posing with "Crack Mayor" and/or trying to sniff for alcohol.

Old people clubbing on a Wednesday gas always seemed pathetic to me....

Pretty sure it was Z103.5 DJ Tony Monaco's birthday party at the club. Apparently they've been friends for many years and they played high school football together.

For anyone who hasn't followed it yet:

https://twitter.com/FordWorkWatch

I'm retweeting media tweets about Ford's truancy & punctuality problems. I'm also trying to summarize his week in concise terms... ie give people an easily retweetable summary of time spent working (when it's verifiable) vs. attending basketball games in other cities, filming campaign ads, hanging out with Broncos, etc.

Am I screaming into a void? Maybe. But it seems like a fine use of my time since I work night shifts usually, and therefore am around during the day to keep tabs on it.

Last edited:
Wasn't he at a basketball game in Brampton, not Mississauga?

Agree. Calling most there "douchebags" is quite unfair and uncalled for.

The 45-50+ yr. old Ford Bros. hanging with far younger at late night clubs is strange though.

Party on RoFo.!!! A sad state to see.

Candidate Rob can only be found in a few places with any certainty these days. Church on Sundays or hanging out in the men's washrooms of various Toronto drinking establishments the rest of the week.

Having once been a young woman in my 20's who would've gone under-dressed to a club mid-week, I reserve the right to make a little fun. If the Fords weren't, well, the Fords, I might actually feel sorry for them because it's obvious that many looking for photos with them were doing so for the novelty of posing with "Crack Mayor" and/or trying to sniff for alcohol.

It was never my scene, and yeah, the 20-somethings who frequent nightclubs are easily stereotyped. Certainly some go for fun, or for a friend's party and the labels can be unfair to many individual persons who might have been there that night. But there's certainly some truth to the stereotypes of clubbers and Z103.5 enthusiasts.

For anyone who hasn't followed it yet:

https://twitter.com/FordWorkWatch

I'm retweeting media tweets about Ford's truancy & punctuality problems. I'm also trying to summarize his week in concise terms... ie give people an easily retweetable summary of time spent working (when it's verifiable) vs. attending basketball games in other cities, filming campaign ads, hanging out with Broncos, etc.

Am I screaming into a void? Maybe. But it seems like a fine use of my time since I work night shifts usually, and therefore am around during the day to keep tabs on it.

jml, the way I see it, you are doing SOMETHING. That's how i view Chris Caple's brand new sit in movement. The good people of Toronto have just had enough. We are saddened and sickened by what our mayor does (and doesn't do) in every aspect of his personal and "professional" being.

So, is your audience huge? No, not yet. Are the numbers at the sit-in huge? No, not yet. But i really, really admire you and others for doing what you believe in, which in this case happens to be The Right Thing.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back