396     0 
News   May 21, 2024
 494     0 
News   May 21, 2024
 388     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
But aside from the vehicle registration tax, any claimed savings is either false or remain to be seen (such as garbage privatization). So, siding with Ford on this is without basis.

By cutting one source of revenue for the city, the revenue had to gotten from somewhere else. That's why property taxes and user fees have gone up, to make up for the money lost from the city's vehicle registration fee.

Property taxes could have been lower with the vehicle registration fee.

That is difficult 2+2 level math. You don't think Ford or his nation can make those complicated calculations do you?

As requested by Johnny Au, here is the basic data for the chart that I posted on Friday. Let me know if you want more/different data.

UT Comments 2.jpg

Attachments

• UT Comments 2.jpg
    UT Comments 2.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 563
Moreover, 356 calls per day, every day, does not factor in one second of time to actually address the purpose of the calls. The Ford's claim to personally advocate for constituents: Dugg weilding a chainsaw during the ice storm, spouting off that he's the only one taking any initiative.

Yet in reality these actions amount to nothing more than posturing, completely token, empty gestures. Yet they get picked up and become anecdotal 'evidence' of the Ford's looking out for their people. According to Doolittle it's these anecdotes that have built the Ford Myth, and is the foundation of their success. If there ever was a myth that needs busting, this is it.

Bastard.jpg

Attachments

• Bastard.jpg
    Bastard.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 529
Last edited:
Tidbit in the Star about the lie-detecting incident:

Don’t steal from a Ford
Doug Ford Sr. was born during the depression, and growing up poor left a permanent scar. Even when he was an MPP and multi-millionaire, he kept a “thick roll of bills” in a tin can behind a brick in the basement wall — “enough cash to buy a luxury car,” Doolittle writes. In April 1998, when the home was undergoing renovations, the money vanished. Ford Sr. wanted to find out who may have taken the money among his children (then in their late 20s and 30s), so he demanded the brood take a lie-detector test.

For two days, retired Toronto police sergeant Nelson Scharger (who had his own polygraph company) conducted interviews in a meeting room at Deco Labels. Each of the children, and Kathy Ford’s then husband, Ennio Stirpe agreed to be strapped into the machine. They were asked if they stole the cash. The three Ford brothers said no and passed.
Kathy and Stirpe did not pass, according to the book. “Predictably, the unremittingly strict Doug Ford St. lost it,” Doolittle writes.

http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/201...ily_revelations_from_the_book_crazy_town.html

Oh, come on, any speed readers out there? I see CP24 has Sarah Thompson on - she's thinking of running for mayor or councilor, or so she says. LeDrew is annoying.

Stay classy, Rob Ford. Stay classy.

In 2005, Chris MacIntyre lived in an apartment above Diane and Doug Ford Sr.’s garage with his dad Scott MacIntyre and his dad’s girlfriend, Kathy Ford. Kathy was nice to Chris and they were happy, Doolittle writes. One day, he was playing video games after school while his dad, Kathy and some friends were in the main house. When he heard shouting, he went to investigate and heard a “deafening crack.”
“Kathy slumped to the floor. People started to run. Scott put down a 12-gauge shotgun, pushed someone out of the way, and ran to Kathy’s side,” Doolittle writes. Scott yelled to his son to call for an ambulance, but when Chris came back, his father had left. Later at the police station, he tried to protect his dad, first telling detectives that Scott was at work, but eventually telling them what he knew.
Outside of the police station, he saw Rob. “Rob, please let me stay with you. I have nowhere to go.” Rob told him, “I can’t do anything,” and turned away, Doolittle notes.

http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/201...ily_revelations_from_the_book_crazy_town.html

Moreover, 356 calls per day, every day, does not factor in one second of time to actually address the purpose of the calls. The Ford's claim to advocate for constituents personally -for example Dugg weilding a chainsaw during the ice storm, spouting off that he's the only one taking any initiative.

Yet in reality these actions amount to nothing more than posturing, completely token, empty gestures. Yet they get picked up and become anecdotal 'evidence' of the Ford's looking out for their people. According to Doolittle it's these anecdotes that have built the Ford Myth, and is the foundation of their success. If there ever was a myth that needs busting, this is it.

View attachment 22292

And contrary to what anyone with sense was saying, take matters into your own hands. If there was any injury, or property damage (power lines or cars, etc.) then it is the responsibility of the home owner, and any insurance they have that would cover the actions of the homeowner under the policy.

"Smart" information for "smart" people.

Doggie has admitted to have spent 2 days durning the clean-up during the ice storm in Florida. But not the placement of those days (that I'm aware of), I can only assume that Robbie & Doggie were there during the ice storm itself. It's par for Robbie to run away in emergency situations.

I do wonder if Robbie's comment about not standing beside him during the photo ops was proof that they were missing in action also applies to Doggie?

The shameless deception and self-promotion in that picture of DoFo literally makes my blood boil.

Doggie has admitted to have spent 2 days durning the clean-up during the ice storm in Florida. But not the placement of those days (that I'm aware of), I can only assume that Robbie & Doggie were there during the ice storm itself. It's par for Robbie to run away in emergency situations.

I do wonder if Robbie's comment about not standing beside him during the photo ops was proof that they were missing in action also applies to Doggie?

Rob was definitely there during the ice storm - he made comments about not having power at home and suggested, cluelessly, that people should simply check into hotels if they could not stay home. Doug's whereabouts are a little more mysterious: he was nowhere to be seen or heard until the first few days of January, which is when I think the chainsaw photo was taken.

Man, Doolittle's book is going to provide absolute gold in comedy/entertainment value over the next few weeks. Tee hee!

Meanwhile, I just wanted to add my two cents to the comments from a few pages back about Rofo being so shocked - shocked, I tells ya! - at genuinely being held accountable by getting a jaywalking ticket during his weekend in Vancouver. I don't think it offers any great insight to note that, like most bullies, when you scratch the surface, there's pure chickenshit lying just beneath the bluster, belligerence and macho man posturing. The rotten bastard really isn't used to even so much as having his knuckles rapped. Ford's had a very soft, sheltered, pampered life, which is hilarious when you consider the he-man bullyboy routine that seems to be his default persona.

But of course, most bullies are also self-pitying whiners as well as cowards, aren't they? In Al Franken's book about Rush Limbaugh, there's an anecdote about Limbaugh snagging some sort of gig at CBS fairly soon after hitting it big in Hate Radio, and then promptly blowing it by acting like...well, himself. He failed to take into account that the studio audience he was addressing wasn't the usual John Bircher rejects that ordinarily made up his radio fanbase. These people did not respond well to his usual nastiness, and they actually booed him, which apparently frightened the fat sack of shit to no end. Franken quoted one of the CBS executives as saying, "Limbaugh arrived full of bluster, and left a very shaken man. I've never seen a single man sweat so much in my life." Sound familiar?

Rob was definitely there during the ice storm - he made comments about not having power at home and suggested, cluelessly, that people should simply check into hotels if they could not stay home. Doug's whereabouts are a little more mysterious: he was nowhere to be seen or heard until the first few days of January, which is when I think the chainsaw photo was taken.

The "Doug the chainsaw hero" photo was probably taken on 30th or 31st December: based on this Sun article.

Doug even manages to work in a reference to $5000; it may be too much to clear a tree, but it's an amount of money which keeps cropping up in Fordlandia, both when attempting to deal with drug dealers who are blackmailing you over your crack cocaine use, and for attempting to keep women happy at Christmas.

Of all the stupid things Rob Ford has said, the "just check into a hotel?" comment strikes me as a contender for Top 10. I would have loved to see him tell that to someone - particularly someone who wasn't born into money - struggling to keep things together on day 4 of a power outage in freezing temperatures.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back