323     0 
News   Jul 17, 2024
 1K     2 
News   Jul 17, 2024
 574     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did we already talk about how Glenn Debaeremaeker said this evening that attempts to kill the Scarborough subway count as an act of war?
Last term for this guy said:
Glenn De Baeremaeker was apopletic at what he characterized as a slight of Scarborough residents from those who sneer at the area from their "perch downtown."

"No honour are in these motions," he thundered. "These motions are a declaration of war on the people of Scarborough. There will be consequences."

What. A. Freakin'. Moron.

I wish I had something more intelligent to say, but it's so concise and sums up exactly how I feel.

Did we already talk about how Glenn Debaeremaeker said this evening that attempts to kill the Scarborough subway count as an act of war?

I wish I had something more intelligent to say, but it's so concise and sums up exactly how I feel.

He threatened to de-amalgamate, because a) he has the authority to do that and b) that's a bad thing?

Meanwhile,
Crisanti is in favour with Scarborough subway because it's the path to subway in north Etobicoke #TOpoli
by Rachel Mendleson via twitter 7:13 PM

Ford budget motions being reviewed and voted on by council right now. Most getting voted down, but not all. So far, total savings of $726,000--keep counting those loonies, councillors.

Rob and Doug are the lone votes against asking other levels of gov't for funding to help with TCHC repair backlog...

Last edited:

That's ridiculous. And I don't even understand why Stintz is saying there's no going back to the LRT. We already have the EA, we already have Bombardier itching to make those trainsets instead of just getting paid for the sunk costs.

Jesus this whole thing frustrates me. Why can't we let experts do transit planning instead of politicians, like so many other cities do successfully?

David Hains ‏@DavidHains
Rob and Doug Ford, self-described TCHC champions, just voted against asking other orders of government to contribute to the repair backlog.

Is Scarborough under served with transit versus Etobicoke? More transit is needed in the west, in my opinion because York and the airport are in the west. Why is Scarborough getting a subway before northern Etobicoke anyway?

Originally Posted by Jude View Post said:
Seriously, is this board trying not to be sexist, our should I save my time and clear out now?
If you find a post to be offensive, do report it (the triangle and exclamation mark icon). It will usually get seen quickly by a mod. I get what Roy G Biv was joking about but I agree that it is offensive.
What was that related to? All the stuff that was deleted?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back