1.2K     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 1K     1 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 381     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
The official explanation will probably have to be the former. But I wonder if there is a back story to this. In my mind I am still skeptical with the chain of events in those 45 min or so. Maybe there is more that meets the eye?

When you consider that he was in that elevator for 45 mins - entering the elevator LONG after the 12pm scheduled start time for his speech.... mmm yeah...

Ford's holding a press conference at 3:15 (or so) today. The City Manager and CFO were seen meeting with him at his office earlier today. Bet you anything this is going to be about the $50 million in efficiencies he claims he can cut, but hasn't attempted to thus far for some unknown reason?

Ford's holding a press conference at 3:15 (or so) today. The City Manager and CFO were seen meeting with him at his office earlier today. Bet you anything this is going to be about the $50 million in efficiencies he claims he can cut, but hasn't attempted to thus far for some unknown reason?

I only caught the very end of this, so I don't know what he had to say about the budget, if anything, but his closing comments left me so mad. He complains that he can't trust the members of executive committee or any of the committee heads "because they stabbed me in the back" when they voted to remove his delegated powers. There is no arguing or reasoning with a person who is so blinded to reality.

I only caught the very end of this, so I don't know what he had to say about the budget, if anything, but his closing comments left me so mad. He complains that he can't trust the members of executive committee or any of the committee heads "because they stabbed me in the back" when they voted to remove his delegated powers. There is no arguing or reasoning with a person who is so blinded to reality.

It was the same old bullshit about Council going back to their tax-and-spend ways after his removal, plus this budget is unacceptable and never would have happened on his watch, plus there's only one taxpayer, only Rob Ford sticks up for the little guy, etc. etc. He did go into the phantom $50 million he can cut from the budget with minimal effects on service, but of course it's all top secret and he's only going to reveal his motions Wednesday at the final debate, because why bother trying to discuss them with other Councillors beforehand and build consensus so they will pass, they're all just a bunch of backstabbers anyway.

So the plan is that Wednesday is going to be another ridiculous, grandstanding circus that positions Rob Ford once again as both maverick and victim in the eyes of his diehard following. I'm sure it'll work out just fine for him.

The guy really does have the intellect and personality of a small child--- "Stabbed me in the back", "took away my powers", "everybody made fun of me"... He's sort of like The Incredible Hulk. I guess, but with rougher edges. And not a good guy.

Is it just the jersey, or is Rob looking a little chunkier than before? I feel stupid for asking, but I can't get the question out of my head.

Is it just the jersey, or is Rob looking a little chunkier than before? I feel stupid for asking, but I can't get the question out of my head.

I'd say it's ridiculous to focus on Ford's weight, because it self-evidently should be...

...but every single member of Ford Nation seems to think that it's the only thing that matters or has any bearing on Ford's ability to lead, so fire away.

What image are you looking at specifically?

I'd say it's ridiculous to focus on Ford's weight, because it self-evidently should be...

...but every single member of Ford Nation seems to think that it's the only thing that matters or has any bearing on Ford's ability to lead, so fire away.

What image are you looking at specifically?

I'm looking at a bunch of pics flying past on twitter from his press conference today. He's got that bloated look, which seemed to fading in the pictures from earlier in the new year. It could just be the fact he's wearing a football jersey, which isn't going to be as tailored as a suit. Or maybe its the camera angles. I don't know. Basically, I'm wondering if he's sticking with his program, which seems to be so central to his campaign narrative.

Here's hoping these links work:

pic.twitter.com/bqT2MGZFAO

pic.twitter.com/Kz7T6ZiTw6

Last edited:
Perhaps he had a binge session in his basement with a few buckets of KFC and a case of iceberg vodka and coke.

Soooo, did anyone notice that he has changed his "I've saved $1 billion" claim to "I've saved $750 million"? It was probably hard because everyone was so mesmerized by his football jersey. WTF is with this guy? He also said nobody's laughing at him anymore but between his stupid press conference and his jersey, people are laughing even more. Also, he was 5 minutes late to the presser.

Soooo, did anyone notice that he has changed his "I've saved $1 billion" claim to "I've saved $750 million"? It was probably hard because everyone was so mesmerized by his football jersey. WTF is with this guy? He also said nobody's laughing at him anymore but between his stupid press conference and his jersey, people are laughing even more. Also, he was 5 minutes late to the presser.

Saying "$1 billion" is almost like...
[video=youtube_share;jTmXHvGZiSY]http://youtu.be/jTmXHvGZiSY[/video]

Hey, look who pops up in the comments on that Eye Crazy garbage dump blog! It's Peepers, reminding us all why he isn't allowed to sit at the same table as the grown-ups. I'm not going to quote it here because frankly it's not something everyone will want to waste their time reading, and is as feeble as it is disgusting, but here it is if your day is going a little bit too well and you feel the need to feel slightly worse. Following Peeper's comment, the blog's owner then provides some simpering validation. Presumably they are two separate people, but who knows?

Why would I post this? Partly to allow anyone interested to gain a little extra insight into the sort of mind who goes online to defend Rob Ford in 2014, and partly as something for the mods to take into consideration, if they're ever wondering if Peepers has cleaned up his act enough to be unbanned.

i don't see peepers defending ford in that posted comment. i don't know if it's a media bias that caused it, but we have heard very little about what ultimately happened to peloso. the most we've gotten is...

He is not ready to talk about the details of his husband's disappearance or his suicide. But he will one day.

http://www.cambridgetimes.ca/news-s...man-shares-his-grief-after-husband-s-suicide/

and with / for smitherman, that seems to suffice. would it for others?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back