559     0 
News   Jul 17, 2024
 1.6K     2 
News   Jul 17, 2024
 645     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
You know, this isn't a stage production put on for your or anyone else's entertainment. This is a (almost) live-on-tv documentary of an alcoholic's spiral to the bottom. Note that none of the staff and patrons at the steak takeout place showed the slightest surprise that he was drinking. It's pretty safe to say he's been drinking off and on since November. He just got caught on film last night. He hasn't hit bottom yet, either, thanks to his enabling family and staff. But he's on his way, especially with his cheerful comment " I was on my own time" which totally belied his publc commitment to stay sober. He is in deep denial.

He's not a dolt. He's an addict.

People who think of him as a source of amusement and entertainment must not have much of a life on their own. Sad.

But I DO share your glee that Doug got caught giving a "100% guarantee that video wasn't shot last night." minutes before Rob said it was. Doug is still yearning to enter provincail politics. Hopefully this will kill any possibility of his candidacy.

Actually he's that too. They both are.

It too is a shame CP24 is the only 24-hour local news channel serving Toronto (actually, it serves all of Southern Ontario west of Belleville and south of Parry Sound) ever since the demise of the CityNews Channel.

It serves up whatever is easiest to report, from southern Ontario to Haiti.
It's just tabloid tv.

You know, this isn't a stage production put on for your or anyone else's entertainment. This is a (almost) live-on-tv documentary of an alcoholic's spiral to the bottom.....He's not a dolt. He's an addict.....People who think of him as a source of amusement and entertainment must not have much of a life on their own. Sad.

He is a dolt, he's much worse than a dolt. And he's also an addict. And frankly, I'd feel worse if I read news about a random person overdosing than I would about the same happening to Ford.

Does Lisi hanging with Ford last night put to rest the theory that he's been a rat, talking to the cops about Ford? Or maybe he's doing it behind his back?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back