822     1 
News   Jul 18, 2024
 734     0 
News   Jul 18, 2024
 566     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
However that doesn't excuse Lorrie Goldstein's bizarre support for a wife-beating bigot. I can only assume that Lorrie Goldstein is also a wife-beating bigot. I can't think of any explanation why someone who isn't ignorant would continue to be shilling for Ford.

By this logic, Jim Flaherty might be a wife-beating bigot, too--somehow, I can't see that kind of dynamic within the Flaherty-Elliott household...

By "guy" do you mean one of the players, or a person none of the players knew. If the latter, how did he get into the room without coach's permission?

I'm involved in school/youth sports and you can't just go waltzing into the dressing room.

Well--today, especially. Though I can see how things might have been "looser" some 20 years ago; hypervigilance hadn't set in yet. (Likewise, it was an era when you didn't need to be security-wanded upon entry into Old City Hall or other courthouse-type environments.)

Not that I wish to align myself with Ford the alleged wife-beating bigot or anyone who supports him, but this is a bit of McCarthyist logic above. You're way too free with the labeling.

The wife beating is an allegation, but then so was the crack smoking, and we all know how that turned out to be true.
Calling him a bigot isn't an allegation, it's a fact.

Ford is way too free with labeling large portions of the population, he gets what he deserves.

Not that I wish to align myself with Ford the alleged wife-beating bigot or anyone who supports him, but this is a bit of McCarthyist logic above. You're way too free with the labeling.
If we were talking about politics, you would be correct.

This isn't about politics though. This is about the continuing endorsement of a wife-beating bigoted drug addict. And that anyone could attempt to rationalize that is most disturbing.

If we were talking about politics, you would be correct.

This isn't about politics though. This is about the continuing endorsement of a wife-beating bigoted drug addict. And that anyone could attempt to rationalize that is most disturbing.

Exactly. He can easily be replaced by a right-leaning fiscal conservative with out the drugs, violence and bigotry. It is a shame that his supporters don't realize that.

Blackballed that is GREAT! The only thing that's missing is apologies!

Insincere apology, Middle school mixology
Council floor body slam, Wifey on display (sham)
Change my lightbulb, watch my kids
Turn that cell phone off - NO VIDS!!
Hide with Sandro in the park
Keep my public in the dark

[chorus]

If were talking about politics, you would be correct.

This is what drives me insane. In addition to the the "domestic assault", the ITO documents that Ford is a serial drunk driver and racist. He buys drugs and pisses is school parking lots. And nobody's even mentioned his bizarre incident in the back of a limo that tailed him after he left City Hall.

What possible ratonale is there for defending this man and this behaviour?

What incident was that?

I'll let the ITO speak for itself (page 129).

Surveillance on July 2nd, 2013

a) Observations were commenced in the area of 100 Queen Street West, Toronto (Toronto City Hall).

b) Mayor Rob FORD left the parking garage of City Hall driving his known black Escalade, license BNWR691. Mayor FORD was followed to the LCBO store situated at The Westway and Martin Grove Road. He was observed entering the store and exiting a short time later carrying a bagged item. From the LCBO store, Mayor FORD was followed east out of the area and while travelling south east on Trehome Drive, he appeared to be travelling in tandem with an unknown white stretch limousine, license BLHS24323. Registered to Mr. Limo Sales 302-7581 Jane Street, Concord. Leased by Ontario INC 1827341 located at 2103-625 The West Mall, Toronto.
c) Both Mayor FORD and the driver of the limousine then pulled into a school parking lot on the north side of Trehome Drive, just west of Royal York Road. Both drivers exited their vehicles and then boarded the rear of the limousine, closing the doors behind them. This meeting lasted approximately fifteen minutes, after which, Mayor FORD exited the limousine and boarded his Escalade. He then drove out of the lot and east along The Westway. The unknown male in the limousine drove out of the lot and headed west bound.

d) Mayor FORD was then followed to the Royal York Plaza located at 1500 Royal York Road. Mayor FORD parked out front of the Drug town Pharmacy and went inside. While Mayor FORD was inside the pharmacy, Alexander LISI drove into the plaza in his known black Range Rover, BNWH091. After parking, LISI attended The Westway Animal Clinic. After a short visit to the animal clinic, LISI returned to his Range Rover and drove north out of the plaza.

e) After exiting the pharmacy, Mayor FORD went into the Dollarama store. After exiting the Dollarama, Mayor FORD entered the Bank of Montreal. After visiting these premises Mayor FORD boarded his Escalade and drove out of the plaza. Mayor FORD made his way to his residence at 223 Edenbridge Drive.

f) Surveillance officers contained the area; there was no further movement from Mayor FORD.

By the way, the limo driver was identified as Louis Hantzakos, who is known to police for - among other things - being charged with "Communicate F.T.P. prostitution C. C. 213(1)(c) however that charged was withdrawn in court."

What does someone do in the back of a limousine in a school parking lot? A few possibilities come to mind - none of them would cast the mayor in a good light. But maybe I'm just jaded and incapable of thinking of the many good things that one does in the back of a limo.

Also of interest, the ITO notes that the next day TPS tried unsuccessfully to obtain video footage from the Dollarama that Ford visited later. Perhaps Dollarama doesn't have a security camera - or perhaps they wouldn't cooperate - I don't know. What I DO know is that, after Dollarama, Ford went to the Bank of Montreal branch. You know what kind of businesses are usually pretty strict about having security cameras? Banks.

There is no mention of any effort to obtain footage from BMO.

I'll let the ITO speak for itself (page 129).

d) Mayor FORD was then followed to the Royal York Plaza located at 1500 Royal York Road. Mayor FORD parked out front of the Drug town Pharmacy and went inside. While Mayor FORD was inside the pharmacy, Alexander LISI drove into the plaza in his known black Range Rover, BNWH091. After parking, LISI attended The Westway Animal Clinic. After a short visit to the animal clinic, LISI returned to his Range Rover and drove north out of the plaza.

e) After exiting the pharmacy, Mayor FORD went into the Dollarama store. After exiting the Dollarama, Mayor FORD entered the Bank of Montreal. After visiting these premises Mayor FORD boarded his Escalade and drove out of the plaza. Mayor FORD made his way to his residence at 223 Edenbridge Drive.

f) Surveillance officers contained the area; there was no further movement from Mayor FORD.

Weird that Ford and Lisi were at the plaza at the same time but apparently didn't meet up. I wonder if they went out a back and met in a back hallway behind the stores?

Weird that Ford and Lisi were at the plaza at the same time but apparently didn't meet up. I wonder if they went out a back and met in a back hallway behind the stores?

I suspect that TPS haven't included every detail. Remember that this is only the ITO for Lisi's pot bust - not the extortion charge and not for any forthcoming charges against Lisi or Ford. So we might learn more about this and other incidents.

Your back alley meeting theory is certainly plausible and may explain why TPS was only interested in footage from Dollarama and not BMO.

The wife beating is an allegation, but then so was the crack smoking, and we all know how that turned out to be true.
Calling him a bigot isn't an allegation, it's a fact.

Ford is way too free with labeling large portions of the population, he gets what he deserves.
It isn't the labeling of Ford that I was concerned about. It is the claiming a journalist must be a wife-beating bigot because he wrote something in support of Ford that is crazy irresponsible overstatement.

I just went and read the article. There is nothing in it about Ford's family. It's about politics, mostly corruption in other cities and the Scarborough subway decision.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back