126     0 
News   Jul 18, 2024
 297     1 
News   Jul 17, 2024
 727     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/toronto/doug-ford-maintains-he-would-help-not-hinder-the-tories/article16261803/

also in yjay

and:

So maybe you cann tell us how you'd help, not hinder them. Cause I'm not taking your word for it and I'm pretty sure they don't know it.

also in that article...

Mr. Ford also commented on the speculation that another member of the Ford family, aside from Rob, might be running in the 2014 Toronto election. Rumoured possible candidates have included Michael Ford, the son of Doug and Rob’s sister, Kathy, as well as Doug’s wife, Karla.

“I don’t think Michael is going to be running as a city councillor,” Mr. Ford said.

But he did not close the door on the possibility of his nephew running for a school board trustee – something he said the Humber College student could possibly do “part-time.”

He said he and the mayor have “a couple folks” in mind for his soon-to-be-vacated Etobicoke ward seat, but he would not say who they are.

Can Doug Ford survive without the chaos he creates at Toronto City Hall?

The recent chaotic nature at Toronto City Hall is something that the whole world is fully aware of at this point, with shouting matches breaking out involving Mayor Rob Ford, Coun. Doug Ford and other councillors, as well as grandstanding and verbal attacks on the council floor.

With Doug preparing for a possible leap into provincial politics, he may have some work to do in order to leave that all behind.

[...]

the idea that Doug Ford holds city hall and those who work within it in any level of reverence is laughable. He celebrates the chaos. He goads rivals into the ditch, and when they bite, he points fingers and tsks their immaturity.

[...]

During his time at city hall, Doug Ford has made aggressive antagonism an art form. He disrupted council sessions, confronted members of the public and accused the chief of police of a political agenda.

Now, as he prepares for a possible provincial election, he may be forced to change his act.

[...]

Funny that working at Toronto City Hall could be considered the political equivalent of kindergarten recess. It is the sixth-largest government in Canada, larger than many provincial governments. But that’s where we are at.

There is rumour that Ford’s 19-year-old nephew will be running to replace him on council. So at least there is a chance the Ford brand will see some maturity growth at city hall.

http://ca.news.yahoo.com/blogs/dail...out-chaos-creates-toronto-city-183936147.html

Is anyone watching his presser? He's getting annoyed because reporters are asking him tough questions.

Edit: And it's over because he's said all he needs to. I would hate to be a city hall reporter, he is so bloody annoying.

Kevin O'Leary is in favour of decriminalizing marijuana, but does not want to have marijuana in his home or run a marijuana business.

what wrong with that?

im in favor of legalizing prostitution, but i wouldn't want my daughter to become a prostitute.

http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/2014/01/09/rob_ford_talks_about_legalizing_marijuana_with_us_radio_hosts.html

Assuming you can call this a sentence in the English language:

This whole article is pure gold. He was against it, now he's for it, and he's a drug user himself who is our mayor. And it's all about stimulating the economy. This guy is so focused on money but never really looks into whether it's a good or bad thing, everything to him is about money.

Edit: Foiled in my attempt to bring news first :D

Did I just agree wirh Rob Ford on an issue? Hang on while I have an identity crisis...

interesting... isn't $5,000 how much ford gave his office staff for sticking around? so renata's home staff that stuck around? sounds about right.

Aside from the fact that money is the ultimate in gifts that say 'I know we're supposed to be close, but I don't really know much about you or what you like', $5000 is a good start towards an escape fund.

why wouldn’t they at least decriminalize it and try to get revenue from it

What, like treat drug-dealing like a legitimate business, the kind you can make money from? What would Ford know about that?

Any news ever come out about the person killed in the fire at 1002 Bathurst? It's on by the condo developer Paulo Oh who was in the Lisi ITO. Was it just a squatter killed?

Not that I know of. I'd like to know as well, since it's in my area.

I don't think it's even widely known that there was a fatality (even if it was 'just' a squatter) and when I've mentioned the link between Lisi and Oh (who, to be fair, has no priors), people's jaws drop.

In other news, the police are apparently no longer listing Jaclyn Dawe as missing. What do you think the odds are she fled Canada because she either witnessed something she wasn't supposed to or something incriminating might surface (a video with her and Ford, maybe)?

Any news ever come out about the person killed in the fire at 1002 Bathurst? It's on by the condo developer Paulo Oh who was in the Lisi ITO. Was it just a squatter killed?
If it was "just a squatter", would that make it better? What if it was "just a teacher" or "just a child"?

In other news, the police are apparently no longer listing Jaclyn Dawe as missing. What do you think the odds are she fled Canada because she either witnessed something she wasn't supposed to or something incriminating might surface (a video with her and Ford, maybe)?

i hope someone is finding out... but what happened to listing people as located? shouldn't we be able to find a TPS located bulletin on her? and what about ibrahim ahmed... was he ever found?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back