359     0 
News   Jul 18, 2024
 512     1 
News   Jul 17, 2024
 859     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Depends on what word Ford said he didn't want to use. If the word he "didn't want to use" is "pedophile" or any other word meaning the same...then it isn't "thinly veiled" at all.

I can see Ford trying to reason his way out of that one: if he didn't want to use it, and didn't actually say it, then you can't claim the word was 'pedophile', so you've supposedly got nothing on him. Of course, then Ford would have to claim that it was a different word he was thinking of, one that was not (so) libellous. That'll be interesting.

I don't think we're going to see floods of bombshells together like we have in the past, unless Ford is arrested and another ITO is released. Still lots of unanswered questions that I'm sure they're working on though.
Doolittle's book will get people talking. Also, if Lisi goes to trial that will surely bring some details to light.

For those of you who think Ford will get off on this ridiculous technicality, please remember that in Canada, which has very strict defamation laws, the onus to disprove the libel/slander is on the defendant. Ford will have to make a convincing case that he meant something other than "pedo." The standard of "reasonable doubt" is more strongly considered in criminal rather than civil cases in Canada. I think Dale and the Star have a strong case here.

The slander against Daniel Dale is proving to be another example of Ford creating his own news:

Marcus Gee:

Rob Ford, Conrad Black and the death of decency

"Is there nothing this man won’t do to save his skin? Are there no words he will shrink from saying, no reputation he won’t sully, no barrier he won’t cross?
Just when it looked as if he couldn’t sink any lower, Mayor Rob Ford did something truly vile. In an interview with his new publicity agent, Conrad Black, broadcast on Monday night, he hinted that he thought a Toronto Star reporter might be a pedophile".

"Either way, they have a lot to answer for. So does Mr. Black, who let the remark pass unchallenged, along with just about everything else that came out of the mayor’s mouth. He not only lobbed softball after softball at Mr. Ford, whom he has defended in his newspaper column, he ran around behind the plate and started swinging at those fat pitches himself."

http://www.theglobeandmail.com//new...id=rss1&utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

What Rob really wanted:
BCS-TBallTee.jpg

The slander against Daniel Dale is proving to be another example of Ford creating his own news:

Marcus Gee:

Rob Ford, Conrad Black and the death of decency

"Is there nothing this man won’t do to save his skin? Are there no words he will shrink from saying, no reputation he won’t sully, no barrier he won’t cross?
Just when it looked as if he couldn’t sink any lower, Mayor Rob Ford did something truly vile. In an interview with his new publicity agent, Conrad Black, broadcast on Monday night, he hinted that he thought a Toronto Star reporter might be a pedophile".

"Either way, they have a lot to answer for. So does Mr. Black, who let the remark pass unchallenged, along with just about everything else that came out of the mayor’s mouth. He not only lobbed softball after softball at Mr. Ford, whom he has defended in his newspaper column, he ran around behind the plate and started swinging at those fat pitches himself."

http://www.theglobeandmail.com//new...id=rss1&utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Get over yourself, Marcus Gee.

Invading the man's private family time is not acceptable, crack user or otherwise.

The half-assed way that interview was shot, simply cutting back and forth between Black and Ford in extreme close-up, it was really obvious how disgusting Rob's yellow, rotten, crack teeth are. Although, maybe I should give him the benefit of the doubt and just assume he has scurvy.

I'm not sure the colour of his teeth is related to crack or to smoking anything - probably just general neglect and maybe diet. Smoking tends to make teeth browner and in a more localized way, where his teeth seem more uniformly yellow. And with strangely regular gaps between them - I wonder if Ford Sr's largesse didn't extend to orthodontist visits.

I'm not sure the colour of his teeth is related to crack or to smoking anything - probably just general neglect and maybe diet. Smoking tends to make teeth browner and in a more localized way, where his teeth seem more uniformly yellow. And with strangely regular gaps between them - I wonder if Ford Sr's largesse didn't extend to orthodontist visits.

As for the colour, he's of about the right age that mom probably had a course of Tetracycline (scroll to side effects) when she was pregnant.

My dental hygienist tells me that people with poor oral hygiene usually have other health issues as well, and people with good oral hygiene generally don't. It has to do with overall self-care, healthy lifestyle, etc. At this point it's pretty clear that Rob's self-care is quite bad. Yellow teeth are just part of the package.

That said, people who want a career in the public spotlight usually get their teeth spiffed up. Why didn't Rob? Skewed self-perception, probably.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back