News   Jul 15, 2024
 882     1 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 625     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Daniel Dale ‏@ddale8 1m
Councillor Joe Mihevc joins Councillor Adam Vaughan in calling for some comment from police on where this all stands.

Daniel Dale ‏@ddale8 3m
The Video was filmed before April. Ford has suggested that he only smoked crack once - said he merely "tried" it.

Daniel Dale ‏@ddale8 3m
The wiretaps also put Ford at 15 Windsor smoking "rocks" (usually crack) in April. He said he hasn't smoked in more than a year.

Sorry for being obtuse - but I can't seem to get clear on this - why was RoFo so freaked about getting his own phone back? He doesn't text, from what I read, so there wouldn't be any incriminating messages on it.
Is it because of his contact list and call log?
Or was a video of some sort on it? Maybe one that wasn't taken by him but that was being (or could potentially be) used against him?
Again, apologies if this is really old ground - just gotta get it straight :eek:

Rob Ford: Gang members targeted mayor in blackmail plot, police documents say
http://www.thestar.com/news/city_ha...r_in_blackmail_plot_police_documents_say.html

And with this article we have an explanation for why Rob Ford was not charged with anything. It is clear that he was the target of blackmailers. He was being extorted. Police don't arrest victim's of extortion. I suspect that most people can't grasp this legal concept and are asking why the mayor wasn't charged with a crime for trying to buy the crack video.

Another thing that is becoming clear is police were aware that the Mayor's phone was stolen. They had the person who stole the phone under wire taps AND they heard these people say that they would use the crack video to extort the Mayor and yet police took no action against these criminals? I think Bill Blair has a lot to answer for!

As for the claim by Price that Anthony Smith was killed for the crack video - if true (and it probably is) this does not mean that Ford is responsible for the death of Anthony Smith. It would appear that Smith was a would-be extortionist and he was killed by other would-be extortionists. Ford remains a victim of extortion.

The only downside for Ford that I can see is that he denied existence of the crack video when these documents prove he was aware of the video all along - but again lets remember he was being extorted. Under these circumstances I think he gets a pass for being less than candid about the existence of the video. He has already admitted to smoking crack.

Last edited:
And with this article we have an explanation for why Rob Ford was not charged with anything. It is clear that he was the target of blackmailers. He was being extorted. Police don't arrest victim's of extortion. I suspect that most people can't grasp this legal concept and are asking why the mayor wasn't charged with a crime for trying to buy the crack video.

Another thing that is becoming clear is police were aware that the Mayor's phone was stolen. They had the person who stole the phone under wire taps AND they heard these people say that they would use the crack video to extort the Mayor and yet police took no action against these criminals? I think Bill Blair has a lot to answer for!

As for the claim by Price that Anthony Smith was killed for the crack video - if true (and it probably is) this does not mean that Ford is responsible for the death of Anthony Smith. It would appear that Smith was extortionist and he was killed by other extortionists. Ford remains a victim.

The only downside for Ford that I can see is that he denied existence of the crack video when these documents prove he was aware of the video all along - but again lets remember he was being extorted. Under these circumstances I think he gets a pass for being less than candid about the existence of the video. He has already admitted to smoking crack.

That poor man! We should award him the Order of Canada.

As for the claim by Price that Anthony Smith was killed for the crack video - if true (and it probably is) this does not mean that Ford is responsible for the death of Anthony Smith. It would appear that Smith was extortionist and he was killed by other extortionists. Ford remains a victim.

Take your Haldol, son

Daniel Dale @ddale8
That is, an alleged gang member said, while on wiretap, that he had pictures of Rob Ford doing heroin.

HEROIN?! That's new, it's it?

Anticipated Ford excuse/dissembling: I never said I smoked crack. I did smack, is what I said. But it's in the past, in a drunken stupor. Let's move on. Bygones!

As for the claim by Price that Anthony Smith was killed for the crack video - if true (and it probably is) this does not mean that Ford is responsible for the death of Anthony Smith. It would appear that Smith was a would-be extortionist and he was killed by other would-be extortionists. Ford remains a victim of extortion.

I guess you don't see nothing wrong with offering $5000 and a car for the video. Why didn't you little angle go to the police?

We have a mayor who is involved in the criminal word, dealing with all kind of shady characters, does all kinds of drugs including now apparently heroin too.

Ford.....remains.....a VICTIM? Good Lord, what colour is the sky in your world....

If you were a famous person and a group of criminals had an embarrassing video of you and were using the video to extort money from you what would that make you? A victim or a criminal? Think about it!

I cannot believe that you're STILL trying to give this clown a pass on ANYTHING. Ford is only a victim of his own arrogance and stupidity. He practically blackmailed his own damn self.

AND it clearly shows that he lied about when and how much he smoked crack (tried it just once a year ago? Nope.)

AND it shows that it wasn't just crack, but also heroin.

AND it shows how a mayor hanging out with drug dealers and buying/using illegal drugs can create problems not only by opening him up to blackmail, but also perhaps hampering the police when it comes to cracking down (no pun intended) on gangs and drugs.

Basically, these documents help confirm what I feared: that the gangs/drug dealers could potentially use this all as leverage against Ford. This is one reason why we care about what a politician does and who he associates with.

You understand then that Ford has compromised the office of the mayor of the 4th largest city in North America, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back