368     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ford Nation seems to still be alive. See
Rob Ford: Toronto Mayor finds support at York eatery
at this link.

3hYK_MayorFordSupport_1121___Gallery.jpg

And his support is supposedly still around 40% - as per Doolittle last night.

You're preaching to the choir when you find more lies. Police charges or more videos is all people seem to understand.

Alright, I can do better.

If Ford chugged a 12 oz bottle of hard liquor, with his body mass of approximately 330 lbs (reference: cut the waist), his immediate blood alcohol level would be about 0.095. Legal limit in Ontario is 0.08. Surprisingly close to legal - I guess that's what being really fat does for you - but very much in the realm of intoxicated. He drove off in that state.

If Ford chugged a 12 oz bottle of hard liquor, with his body mass of approximately 330 lbs (reference: cut the waist), his immediate blood alcohol level would be about 0.095. Legal limit in Ontario is 0.08. Surprisingly close to legal - I guess that's what being really fat does for you - but very much in the realm of intoxicated. He drove off in that state.

13 oz actually. And keep in mind to go from (presumably, but who knows how much he was drinking before) sober to over the legal limit in two minutes has a different effect on judgment, reflexes, reaction time, etc. than slowly ramping up to 0.095 over a few hours.

Body mass doesn't work that way when it's so much adipose tissue. He's not Andre the Giant.

Chugging a mickey at his height would easily put him at .15 within 15 minutes.

I think his 'core' supporters (e.g. the article posted above) will never be swayed, no matter what else comes out at this point. The hope being this % of clearly irrational folks is very low, but I wouldn't be surprised if its 10-20% ...

Here's another thought; I know a few component folks who are finding this whole ordeal terribly entertaining, a couple of these folks have said they'd love to vote for Ford because it means more of the same; They know he'll effectively have no power so the rationale being its fun !

Given these points, I'm still going to wager, regardless of what comes out, his #s next election (assuming he is not in jail or ...) will be a lot higher then folks on here are thinking.

I have to add; Out of all the antics he's, hmm, performed over the last couple months (i.e. the drugs / swearing ...) the mocking of drunk driving during the council meeting was unbelievably low of him ... so much so if folks bring this up next election I bet this will serve to sway folks even in the groups above ... the rest of his antics are just entertaining

Actually, given his weight and alcoholism, his tolerance is probably quite high. Not to put anyone off dinner but I've been in states where throwing back a mickey didn't do much at all and I only weigh 160. I wasn't driving. I may binge drink but I'm no moron (I know, I know:logical fallacy :p ).

I say this not knowing anything about his genetic and metabolic enzyme conditions though.

I'm guessing this is an example of another lie? Very true, but other candidates can bring this up during the election. Pointing it out now is pointless. It's obvious nothing will make him voluntarily resign.

And very minor point ( and this is not me condoning DUI). Technically, his BAC won't be .095 immediately. It would still take 10-15 minutes for it to hit him. In theory, he could drive a short distance and be ok. Hopefully I haven't derailed the convo with this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back