342     0 
News   Jul 17, 2024
 761     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 1K     2 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Expect more lowest bidders winners for contracts, without looking for quality.

What..thats been going on in Toronto for years....A lot of all this road/track construction going on right now in the city is replacing
shady-tendered, low bid crap that was built 5-7 years ago. The shyster before Ford was the master of that shit, with things taking forever to finish, and at the end costing taxpayers a lot more..:mad:

Last edited:
This is so funny. And the parade numbers have indeed been grossly over exaggerated.

Definitely so! A million people definitely didn't attend the parade nor did thousands show up for protests as so they claimed. The Jarvis Bike lanes also didn't cost $6 million nor is 80 percent of the city budget consumed by labour costs.

....A lot of all this road/track construction going on right now in the city is replacing
shady-tendered, low bid crap that was built 5-7 years ago.

Prove it or shut the hell up, your ignorant speculation grew tiresome years ago.

You're right, yes. The Prime Minister thanked Diane Ford -- the mayor's mom -- for hosting.
I haven't seen that quoted anywhere - were you there?

Several media outlets including the Star, Sun, Globe and the CBC have said it was at the Mayor's home - while 2 other's I found say the Ford family home. Only one - Yahoo - mention's the mother's home.

Watch the video - Harper thanks Ford's mother. There are pictures of the property here.
I tried watching the video yesterday but couldn't. Why you'd tell me to watch it today when it was taken down early yesterday is a bit puzzling (and maybe convenient). The short clip on CTV only shows Harper speaking with some greenery in the background, and the pics you posted are from a year ago... - but I'll have to take your word that you saw it before it was taken down and that it does in fact show "mom's" house in the background.

I stand corrected.

I'd really like a working link to the video - not for proof, but just to see it - as it would be an interesting thing to take in.

Gee..this is getting juicy:)

Barbecue backlash and prayers for Jack

Literary icon Margaret Atwood’s attack on Toronto Mayor Rob Ford as being anti-culture and making his city unwelcome to artists is now provoking cries of outrage from the Harper Conservative bench.

A prominent federal Tory has jumped to the defence of the Toronto Mayor and his councillor brother, Doug, and is accusing Ms. Atwood of being blinded by her left-wing sensibilities.

“Her positions are reflective of her own ideology as opposed to anything reflected by Rob or Doug Ford,†says Dean Del Mastro, the Prime Minster’s parliamentary secretary and Peterborough MP. “She doesn’t like them (the Fords) because they are conservatives, period, not for anything that they have said or done.â€

He calls her comments “utterly ridiculous.â€

Mr. Del Mastro also served as the parliamentary secretary to Heritage Minister James Moore. The Harper Tories have long been sensitive about suggestions that they are against culture and the arts.

In fact, in the past few days senior Harper cabinet ministers, including Finance Minister Jim Flaherty, have been pledging millions of dollars to various arts and culture programs.

“She makes several statements that are absolutely and factually false, statements that she should withdraw and apologize for,†asserts Mr. Del Mastro. “For example, neither Rob or Doug Ford have ever told people they’re not welcome (potential visitors) in Toronto and certainly not artists.â€

Ms. Atwood told The Globe this week that the Ford brothers, who she mockingly refers to as the “Twin Fordmayor (s),†are making Toronto unwelcome to artists.

“We don’t fit their idea of the kind of city they want to live in,†she said.

Her dispute with the brothers stems from suggestions that Toronto’s libraries are on the chopping block as the Fords search to find budget cuts. She is urging Torontonians to fight back to save their libraries.

But Mr. Del Mastro isn’t buying the Atwood outrage.

“You’ll look hard anywhere to find where Ms. Atwood had anything good to say about Stephen Harper, Jim Flaherty or James Moore; this despite our government being the only one in the G8 to have increased our investment into arts and culture during the recession.â€

He accused Ms. Atwood of fighting the bill which would protect copyright for artists and of “opting to actively oppose free speech when the reporter/journalist or commentator happens to have a different view of her own.â€

There is history between the politician and the celebrated author. The two squared off at a parliamentary committee hearing on the issue; it appears there was no love lost between them.

More...http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news...backlash-and-prayers-for-jack/article2119346/

“She makes several statements that are absolutely and factually false, statements that she should withdraw and apologize for,” asserts Mr. Del Mastro. “For example, neither Rob or Doug Ford have ever told people they’re not welcome (potential visitors) in Toronto and certainly not artists.”

Hahaha, look at how stupid he is.

Dean "Strawman" Del Mastro.

Hahaha..you mention SHADYiness and former city politicians, and you all go on the defensive.:D

I'm not defending anything....your comprehension problems leave you looking a little silly most of the time though.
I asked you to put up or shut up,but you don't have the fortitude to put up any proof of anything.

CAN_TSUN.jpg

I tried watching the video yesterday but couldn't. Why you'd tell me to watch it today when it was taken down early yesterday is a bit puzzling (and maybe convenient).

I was unaware that the video had been removed. I believe it was from the same perspective as what was shown on CTV. It doesn't really show the property or the house. I think that Ford's mom is the older woman in the background. In it Harper thanked Diane Ford for hosting.

Yes, the site I linked to is extreme. I found it yesterday when looking for more information about Ford Fest. It is scheduled this year for early September. I wanted to know who gets invited. I enjoyed the bike protest down Jarvis a couple weeks ago. I thought that a big gathering of cyclists travelling the bike paths from City Hall to Ford Fest would be interesting. Would probably end up being confrontational, however, and that would spoil the fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back