5K     6 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 2K     3 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 710     1 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Security called them because it looked like things were getting out of hand.

Thanks, James. I suppose it was too much to hope for that they had been called because Ford had physically assaulted Pam McConnell. Sigh.

Mind you, from the latest round of comments, it sounds like Mayor Peter Griffin is rapidly losing what little mind he had left...

From the clips released of the show tonight, there is a host who is not a Ford, which I think covers them for the election?

Didn't somebody mention earlier on that several uniformed officers had been dispatched to council chambers? What was that about?

There is a separate police meeting taking place at city hall this afternoon on the illegal practice of "carding". The large presence of police officers are there to intimidate the deputants at this meeting.

From the clips released of the show tonight, there is a host who is not a Ford, which I think covers them for the election?

I cover this in the post. It's still shaky. They're being offered a service with monetary value - airtime on a network - and its monetary value exceeds campaign contribution limits, is not being equally offered to other candidates, and falls outside the campaign period. I understand that the interviewer might make it technically a news show and not an infomercial, but the fact that it has their name on it, is branded to them, being promoted by them in an entertainment capacity (like the "Howard Stern/Rush Limbaugh" comment) and promoted by Sun News as a confessional reality show would appear to negate that technicality. That's not a legal opinion but I imagine it could be argued as one.

It looks like Ford's office staff will have the option of being transferred to the deputy mayor. Ford's office budget is reduced as outlined in the motion. Voting still ongoing.

Towhey just stated on the CBC that "my communication with the police was not something volunteered except for the initial contact about the alleged video and it's possible link to a homicide."

Whoa

Ford is making a huge deal about following Tue integrity commissioner's advice.

He's attempting to cover his arse about as successfully as dogs cover their business in the grass.

Conveniently left out was the fact that a COI must be declared at the beginning, not end, of a meeting, and that it means not speaking on the matter.

He's attempting to cover his arse about as successfully as dogs cover their business in the grass.

Conveniently left out was the fact that a COI must be declared at the beginning, not end, of a meeting, and that it means not speaking on the matter.

Yup. If there's a conflict, he's already in breach by speaking on the matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back