622     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 569     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 711     2 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
What have I become? I went to sleep early last night looking forward to waking up and watching council meeting.

If anything good has come of this, I'm sure many more people are much more aware of municipal politics now!

What have I become? I went to sleep early last night looking forward to waking up and watching council meeting.

If anything good has come of this, I'm sure many more people are much more aware of municipal politics now!

The special meeting is at 12:30pm regardless if the regular one finished early, woke up early for nothing...

"mobbed by fans"?? "Trudeau-mania"?? you're joking right?

the "popularity" of Rob Ford has about as much in common with Trudeau-mania as Honey Boo Boo has with Last Year At Marienbad.

Don't you know that Rob Ford thinks himself as an Emperor, like Caligula.

Incitatus.jpeg

These people might not be stupid, but they're being stupid. I hope you send reply emails debunking their emails in detail. My family doesn't send me debunked political emails, but I get a lot of "microwaving water causes cancer" type emails.

I get both kinds of false urban legend emails (political and apolitical). I do send debunking emails, but I don't think it helps. There's a study which suggests that strongly-held political beliefs only become more entrenched when confronted with opposing evidence.
http://arstechnica.com/business/2008/09/does-ideology-trump-facts-studies-say-it-often-does/

Doug: "Rob hasn't touched a drop of alcohol in three weeks." That's great. Story's over, everyone go home, nothing to see here...

What's with the Fords constantly speaking in hyperbole? "Best father around," "most honest politician in Canada" etc.? Is it because their gullible fan base will swallow lines like that?

What's with the Fords constantly speaking in hyperbole? "Best father around," "most honest politician in Canada" etc.? Is it because their gullible fan base will swallow lines like that?
Yep. Ford said this morning that he received the most votes in the history of Canada in the last election. Not true. But his supporters won't fact check it. They'll just take it.

A part of Rob's interview with Bill Weir of CNN, Rob swears in front of kids, and generally makes himself look stupid, again:

http://o.canada.com/news/national/watch-rob-ford-on-cnn-says-hes-sick-of-rich-elitist-people/

Can someone remind me why Ford brothers are talking to American media, considering America has nothing to do with Toronto politics? I hope he knows American's cant vote for him :p Creating an even worse reputation for our city. It's like they really do love the attention.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back