4.9K     6 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 2K     3 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 699     1 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Doug is on CP24, he thinks because they sold out the bobble heads, it's all good. Not even Harper could have sold that many bobble heads. WOW. His ego is something.
My favourite part was Doug using the word "folks" while looking at LeDrew. Clearly he can't control his campaign rhetoric.

My favourite part was Doug using the word "folks" while looking at LeDrew. Clearly he can't control his campaign rhetoric.

Did you notice when Doug said they would be campaigning this weekend? When LeDrew asked where, Doug avoided mentioning the Santa Claus Parade.

It's been a long day at City Hall. I could use a drink...

I was ushering Nikki Thomas of SaveToronto through City Hall bureaucracy to get the 1,200 signatures from Wednesday's rally to the floor of council. At the beginning of today's special meeting, Michael Thompson presented the petition to "ooohs and ahhhhs" from other councillors and the gallery. It's now a part of the public record.

Nikki really did a great job on Weds.

hTOBhrfh.jpg

It was great fun collecting those signatures. I met up with her around 3pm at CTV with dozens of filled out sheets (people had to leave City Hall so I consolidated the clipboads) and she exclaims to someone on the phone, "Wow we just got hundreds more!" or something like that. She was so genuinely excited.

Glad to hear it actually did something.

Attachments

• hTOBhrfh.jpg
    hTOBhrfh.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 421
Did you notice when Doug said they would be campaigning this weekend? When LeDrew asked where, Doug avoided mentioning the Santa Claus Parade.

Isn't campaigning illegal this early?

I truly hope they rethink showing up at the Parade. It's for the kids, it's not about them. I'm sure there will be boos and foolishness, and parents shouldn't have to explain this crap to their kids.

I truly hope they rethink showing up at the Parade. It's for the kids, it's not about them. I'm sure there will be boos and foolishness, and parents shouldn't have to explain this crap to their kids.

Oh no! More videos!! Updates at 6 and 11... Sunday.

You can talk about running as much as you want, I believe. Campaign laws are specific to how you spend money if I understand them correctly.

Doug has now confirmed that Rob will not attend. Of course, that will probably change 15 times between now and Sunday.

You can talk about running as much as you want, I believe. Campaign laws are specific to how you spend money if I understand them correctly.
Like magnets that they like to hand out? I assume that if they do show up they'll be handing out "vote Ford" buttons or magnets or whatever.

Last edited:
Like magnets that they like to hand out? I assume that if they do show up they'll be handing out "vote Ford" buttons or magnets or whatever.

Yeah but those magnets just say Rob Ford Mayor and have his phone number, so the argument is that they're not campaign magnets, they're like magnetic business cards.

Doug is on CP24, he thinks because they sold out the bobble heads, it's all good. Not even Harper could have sold that many bobble heads. WOW. His ego is something.

What Doug says and what Doug actually thinks are two separate things entirely. It's called lying and it's something he does quite often, though not particularly well.

I can just imagine Mayor Fathead's response: "Rules? Laws? Whuzzat?" (He then breaks wind. Loudly.) Seriously, though, it's not as if Ford ever left campaigning mode. (Heck, Mayor Cartman's relentless - and shameless - self-promotion over the past 3 years has been one of the most annoying things about the man.) The glad-handling and "lookit me!" pr stunts that are part-and-parcel of election campaigns tend to be the only thing his brand of phony "populist" right wing politician is really any good at.

Come to think of it, how will the campaign laws effect his new Sun Tv show? It was getting to the point where he was going to have to retire the 1010 radio show anyway, wasn't it? Will he and Brother Thug even be allowed to bloviate on air after a certain point? Or will they try to just ignore the rules as usual?

It's been a long day at City Hall. I could use a drink...

I was ushering Nikki Thomas of SaveToronto through City Hall bureaucracy to get the 1,200 signatures from Wednesday's rally to the floor of council. At the beginning of today's special meeting, Michael Thompson presented the petition to "ooohs and ahhhhs" from other councillors and the gallery. It's now a part of the public record.
That is fantastic. :) When I was talking to people on Wed, everyone was eager to sign. I am glad that they made their way into the public record!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back