545     0 
News   Jul 17, 2024
 1.6K     2 
News   Jul 17, 2024
 641     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I don't have a crystal ball but I think he'll run. That was a lot of distancing I think he just did by calling the mayor an addict to his face and saying he didn't believe him.

Is there still a hiring freeze at city hall? Are there positions available as 311 operators?

The Ford brothers should be nice to Denzil Minnan-Wong. Denzil could give Rob a letter of recommendation, should Rob apply for a job as a 311 operator.

However, more likely it would be Doug who could be the only one to give Rob a letter. Could there be others? (Reminder: don't use city hall stationery).

Then again, Rob may be welcomed back to the family label business on a full-time basis... Maybe.

What a crowd at NPS!! Tried really hard to be there, but couldn't quite get it to work. Grassroots civic action is just about the best public good/service around, so everyone should be extremely proud.

Interesting discussion in Robyn Doolittle's live chat today:

ROBYN: I don't mean to side step the question, but I honestly couldn't begin to speculate. I can tell you that since May 18, 2013, Toronto police have actively been investigating this mayor and his associates. So far, that investigation has led to his friend and driver - Sandro Lisi - being charged with drug offences and extortion in connection to trying to obtain the video. It is not clear if the probe of the mayor is ongoing. I can you from what I'm hearing from my police sources: up until now they did not have enough to ensure a conviction of anything. Police detectives did want the information out though. It's now in the court of public opinion.

READER QUESTION: Robyn, Do you think his ultimate demise will be an extortion charge and conviction pertaining to "the" video.

Love the photo they used for this article. Wonder when all of this will be released.

They said it could be within 24 hours. Between that and the Friday special council meeting, there is a lot to happen before the weekend. Pace yourselves accordingly.

I love that the Sun story broke right around lunch break at Council meeting. Rob and Doug were already pissed; looking out the window at the crowds and reading about the info being released and the comments in the Sun about DUI etc. will totally spoil their lunches :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back