352     1 
News   Jul 09, 2024
 1.1K     2 
News   Jul 09, 2024
 489     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
They're letting Ford march to take the pressure off their decision to let Lisi play Santa. At least he's bringing his own snow.
[video=youtube;Q1MHXYx2820]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q1MHXYx2820[/video]

BBT looks like an older Lisi, and the kids looks like a young RF.

He's DISAPPOINTED that the Mayor won't be walking in the parade? Are you kidding me???? As a parent the LAST person I want in the Santa Clause parade is a man who admitted to crack use and used being in a drunken stupor as an excuse! I am dumbfounded.

yeah, plus the drunken/coked up groping of a woman at a function, monstrous obesity, the still unanswered questions about his relationships with multiple criminal types (including organized crime and a homicide), his insanely foul mouth, his serial deceptiveness bordering on pathology, and just the entire way he poisons/diminishes the public discourse. he's like the anti-role model, a sort of villain whose wickedness will one day be a by-word for malfeasance and the failure of the 'rational' check of the competing elites model of public choice.

We can only hope that it is a REAL confrontation. The gloves have to come off for real this time.

He has to be FORCED to account for those meetings and those manila envelopes. That is far and away the biggest thing in their arsenal, because he can't say "sorry i was drunk" & "i've made mistakes" etc. about those. Council needs to push him--hard and repeatedly: what is in those envelopes? Drugs or money?

Ford will take the "5th", (I can actually hear the bozo saying it) imagine him in council with hot mail lawyer whispering in his ear. He'll try to play the victim, AGAIN!.

I live behind Brant House and I didn't hear anything. It happened around 4 or 5am last weekend. I noticed tonight that Brant House installed a fireproof iron door behind their glass door.

I don't know about that one, but last week I was working on King West and while walking to work in the morning I went past a building that was taped off and there was a bomb disposal truck out front. Couldn't find anything in the news about it, but when you mentioned the pipe bomb I figured that was it. Can't remember the name of the side street but it was across from the grand and toy.

I don't know about that one, but last week I was working on King West and while walking to work in the morning I went past a building that was taped off and there was a bomb disposal truck out front. Couldn't find anything in the news about it, but when you mentioned the pipe bomb I figured that was it. Can't remember the name of the side street but it was across from the grand and toy.

If it was the side street that G & T is on, that's Brant. that would make it Brant House (most likely).
Wow! I live in the area as well. Crazy. Never heard a word about this.

Hotmail lawyer is not City staff, and so would not be allowed in the area where Council sits.

Then we'll get the usual answer: "I cannot comment on something before the courts".
Council should just forget about the crack, focus on the envelopes, letters of reference and Ford also needs to explain why he WON'T speak with the police.

Then we'll get the usual answer: "I cannot comment on something before the courts".
Council should just forget about the crack, focus on the envelopes, letters of reference and Ford also needs to explain why he WON'T speak with the police.

Because his charter rights as a citizen trumps his duty as mayor. He has the right to not incriminate himself or cooperate with the police

Because his charter rights as a citizen trumps his duty as mayor. He has the right to not incriminate himself or cooperate with the police

Agreed. However, most reasonable people think that unless you have something to hide, you should help police with their investigations.
This is a major guns and drugs investigation, the message from council needs to focus on Ford's INABILITY to answer police questions because he's right in the thick of it.

Agreed. However, most reasonable people think that unless you have something to hide, you should help police with their investigations.
This is a major guns and drugs investigation, the message from council needs to focus on Ford's INABILITY to answer police questions because he's right in the thick of it.

In that case, most reasonable people are simply not reasonable. It wouldn't matter what Rob Ford's connection to this whole mess was. His right to stay silent is absolutely paramount and no one should be pressuring him to abandon it. This is based on hundreds of years of tradition in British Common Law and lots of jurisprudence in the Canadian justice system regarding our Charter.

To true leaders, the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few.

There's no reason Ford, and Hotmail LLB, can't go in, and talk to the police together, and try to help. I really hope that if/when Ford is held accountable, that his lack of cooperation is taken into account.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back