2K     3 
News   May 17, 2024
 1.2K     2 
News   May 17, 2024
 9.2K     9 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
The broker was threatened by the mafia for the video. Wild guess as to who they working for. Fucking hell.

I've been following ManuvSteele on Twitter since May as it happens. You don't know how long I've been around here, only how long I've been posting. If you look at my posts they are all contentful. I was one of the people who was most skeptical about larouxb/unfuckwithable and said so early and often on Twitter. I don't think your record is actually that great about being right about anything, and I don't think you get to lay down the law here. Sorry bout that.

Seriously! What has he shared that seems definitive? Somebody enlighten me.

Peepers is saying I should just block him, and fair enough, but my point is it's not about just me---the frustration a lot of people reading probably feel that he can't or won't just come out with it far outweighs the value of what little he's actually confirming (again: anything?). And he seems to find the frustration funny.

Please don't make other people explain stuff you missed. Go back a few pages from the past couple of days and I'm sure you'll find what you're looking for there.

Someone changed the site, I have also posted screenshots of emails tho too, and Vice article says 2 videos.. way before police said that

I'm sorry, but angled captures of hushmails does not an insider make. Frankly everything you've posted can easily be faked - no offense, but nothing you have posted has been any more substantial than the unfuckwithable.ca guy had (for example, a photo of "the phone"). Like I said, you don't have to prove it to me.

Assuming your point was to lead people on and get them to buy in - mission accomplished. Can you please take them to twitter with you and maybe come back when you can be a bit more constructive? Feel free to join in on the discussion if you like - but let's not derail the thread and make it all about you. Or maybe go make your own General Discussions thread and you and your believers can all hang out there?

That's pretty solid if accurate. Net income is likely around a million annually on top of the cozy salaries they are all pulling in.

once again i've been trying to catch up before posting... but after skipping a few, i gotta respond to this one. sorry if someone already posted what i'm about to post.

When Ford’s father died in 2006, Ford’s family took ownership of the company, which has annual sales estimated at $100 million.

http://www.thestar.com/news/city_hall/2013/11/06/rob_ford_fact_checking_mayors_political_claims.html

I've been going back through his posts for a while, and can see no evidence of anything. looks like a fairly thorough troll-job is all. is there something specific i missed?

Well, it's been established that it's worth at least $220k. They could have just found out about it and decided to go for a potentially valuable piece of film.

In fact, to the mob, it would potentially be worth more than that, because they could use it as leverage against both Fords to get favours.

I've been following ManuvSteele on Twitter since May as it happens. You don't know how long I've been around here, only how long I've been posting. If you look at my posts they are all contentful. I was one of the people who was most skeptical about larouxb/unfuckwithable and said so early and often on Twitter. I don't think your record is actually that great about being right about anything, and I don't think you get to lay down the law here. Sorry bout that.

Since when was I trying to be "right" about anything - and how is that even relevant? I'm not claiming to have any insider information, I'm purely here for discussion and speculation, as much as anyone else. My reference was to your assertion that I should delete the guy and "butt out", which is really against the whole spirit of this place.

The broker was threatened by the mafia for the video. Wild guess as to who they working for. Fucking hell.

My suspicion is Rob Ford has mafia ties - if he wanted to get his hands on the video it would make sense to have the mafia secure the video because they would have good assurance that the seller would not double cross the mob because they would end up dead in a land-fill site.

What was Rob Ford's number one campaign issue? Outsourcing garbage. From my post a few pages back in a court deposition the president of the company that won the outsourcing contract was described as being part of "organized crime".

These are just theories on my part.

I have to shake my head at people like you who accuse anyone who's in disagreement of being racist.

Please quote directly and explain what in the OP was an accusation that "anyone who's in disagreement" is a racist. I have re-read the OP and I just don't see it.

I don't see how saying "there is an undercurrent of racism here" is the same as "accusing anyone whose in disagreement of being racist".
I've heard several people describe Olivia Chow as a "lightweight", for instance. I can't help but think that her gender and race play into that characterization, given that her political resume has more accomplishments than Miller and Ford combined (before they became mayor), and the fact that she came from much more humble beginnings. It's not that the people describing her as a lightweight have anything against women and minorities in principle, but we do live in a society were women and minorities are taken less seriously than white men.

^This. To be fair, someone *might* have a valid argument about why Chow is a "lightweight", but I am struck by how often that description is given without evidence.

I've always thought Ford was set up from the beginning. First by the drug dealers that took it, and since it was Basso's house, he was in on it as well. Not sure if Basso wanted it to hold over Ford, or not. When Lisi couldn't get it back by himself, he called in enforcer types like the GFL connection to help him. The broker would be scared shitless of those guys. Remember Lisi beats up women, he would need reinforcements.

The thing is, racist and homophobic comments are nothing new for him, and Ford Nation clearly has condoned (or tacitly endorsed) them in the past. (as Councillor Gord Perks noted in the letter that is circulating)

I really hope Chow is going to run, because I think this multicultural city desperately needs more non-white, non-British-descendent leadership (and non-male too). But I'm also worried about the amount of hatred that will be thrown at her. Sure, it will look like "anti-lefty" anger on the surface, but for many, the real motivation for spewing vitriol at her will be racial hatred.

Oh, the irony. We need less white leadership and less men in power. Racist and misandrous.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back