425     0 
News   Jul 18, 2024
 586     1 
News   Jul 17, 2024
 903     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
With the provincial gov't now breathing down their necks, I wouldn't be surprised the Fords will resort to the "nuclear option". Sending out a call to the elusive Ford Nation to rise up and take back their city by any means possible.

Yeah, it's not like we have a police service or an army or anything.

With the provincial gov't now breathing down their necks, I wouldn't be surprised the Fords will resort to the "nuclear option". Sending out a call to the elusive Ford Nation to rise up and take back their city by any means possible.

Is the province breathing down their necks, though? Have you read anything to make you think this?

I'd be really surprised if Wynne would choose to take any action that might hurt her at the polls---even among Ford Nationals.

I'd be really surprised if Wynne would choose to take any action that might hurt her at the polls---even among Ford Nationals.

Exactly, even with a unanimous vote, excluding Doug/Rob, Ford Nation will argue conspiracy. Somehow they'll label anti-abortionist DMW a pinko, and shout about how Wynne hasn't been elected. Maybe they'll spin it as a cover up of the power plant scandal. Then maybe Doug will get up, and demand Wynne resign.

Exactly, even with a unanimous vote, excluding Doug/Rob, Ford Nation will argue conspiracy. Somehow they'll label anti-abortionist DMW a pinko, and shout about how Wynne hasn't been elected. Maybe they'll spin it as a cover up of the power plant scandal. Then maybe Doug will get up, and demand Wynne resign.

This. There is also enough people who aren't Ford Nation that would disagree with this for them to even consider it. The last time this was suggested, in that people were writing them begging them to step in, the reaction was incredibly negative. No matter who asks, Wynne will take the blame, therefore they won't step in. They've said that repeatedly.

Why would Wynne care about that? Ford Nation isn't voting for her regardless and she knows it.

Why would Wynne care about that? Ford Nation isn't voting for her regardless and she knows it.

But they would be LOUD about this "subversion of democracy," and that might have an effect on voters who don't support Ford but also don't agree with nullifying the results of fair elections.

Sheesh:

Screen Shot 2013-11-07 at 11.23.01 AM.jpg

http://www.toronto.ca/legdocs/mmis/2013/cc/bgrd/backgroundfile-63476.pdf

eta: in the interest of fairness this was done before the divisional court ruling came out.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-11-07 at 11.23.01 AM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2013-11-07 at 11.23.01 AM.jpg
    8.7 KB · Views: 476
Last edited:
I can't see the province actually removing Ford, but I can see them passing legislation that allows municipalities to recall their mayor, perhaps with a vote of residents, or with a large supermajority of council. That way, the provincial move is not Ford-specific, and it places the ultimate responsibility for his removal back with the city. (And frankly, it is absurd that there isn't already such legislation, as its lack is the reason we're trapped in this ridiculous mess.)

I find it hard to believe that the Wynne gov't would sit by helplessly while the world watches a number of videos being released of Ford in a drunken stupor doing god knows what, at this point. Not only harmful to the Toronto brand, but the Ontario brand, as well.

I'm hearing rumbles that a doing is soon to transpire. Conspiracy to murder charges and drug kickbacks.

but with all the shit that's flying around...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back