216     0 
News   Jul 18, 2024
 375     1 
News   Jul 17, 2024
 770     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's being circulated amongst media sources that the second digital video is indeed a sex tape... *shudders* Somebody set up the Mayor for the purpose of extortion. For obvious reasons, I hope that second video never goes public. Not only do I not want to hear any details but also it'll appear to show Ford being set up garnering him sympathy he doesn't deserve.

Rob Ford scandal could impact Toronto's business climate and has industry stakeholders worried

Cartwright described a meeting he once attended with some top business leaders and the mayor.

“At the end of the meeting I saw a number of those leaders just walking out shaking their heads, they couldn’t believe this is the fellow who is supposed to provide leadership for the largest city in the country. I just don’t think anybody will take this mayor seriously anymore,” he said.

http://www.dcnonl.com/article/id57685

I am reading and reading, but one thing popped up - how does Lisi, living at home with Mom, have an effing Range Rover?

This whole thing is nuts. Ford has issues and is obviously playing the total denial card, along with Doug...but come on already. Do they think we're all stupid?

Probably living at home rent-free and having all his meals cooked and laundry done by mommy is how he can afford to pay the lease on a used Range Rover

It's not his. It was loaned to him by a "client".

What will the second video reveal?: DiManno

http://www.thestar.com/news/crime/2013/11/01/what_will_the_second_video_reveal.html

But wait. There are two videos, Blair revealed at his shocking press conference.
What’s on the other one? Are we not to know? Because a few reporters have already been told by sources what its contents might be.
If true, believe me, you ain’t seen nothing yet.
Some want to keep it that way.

A Rob Ford sex tape--yechh, I just threw up a little in my mouth. Now there's a drug tape and a sex tape with TPS. So there was absolutely no reason for Ford to go after anyone who might want to sell to the highest bidder and be quick to share these scary images in order to implode a long time political career. People have been murdered for less.

Just thought it would be worth noting why Rob Ford won't come clean and why Doug won't let him. I don't believe it has anything to do with manipulation and everything to do with covering both their asses.

An admission the video exists now also links Ford in the illegal efforts to retrieve the video, which is far more serious for him legally. So no way is he going to admit he is in it or it exists. It also puts him in the company of people he could be connected to as part of a wider murder case.

Second, he's not going to resign because he knows being mayor is the safest place for him to be. He's not a private citizen and therefore makes it difficult for the Crown to proceed with difficult charges against him unless they are absolutely foolproof.

Finally, any admission of guilt even in this case leaves him open to charges along the lines of what the TPS is likely after. Extortion. Murder. Influence peddling. Ford cannot blink or else he and many others could be potentially screwed.

This isn't about psychology or stubbornness. This is about crime. Plain and simple.

While all this makes sense, the primary reason is indeed self importance and delusion. Ford still thinks he can make a difference as Mayor and mould the city to how he wants it and keep his influence and power. He won't ever give that up. He'll be dragged away kicking and screaming.

In other news, somebody close to the family told me that a sort of intervention did happen today at his mom's house. It wasn't the traditional intervention because Rob knew about it and willingly participated. However, he thinks he has a manageable problem that his mom and his brothers can help him with, more in line with a bad habit than an addiction(s). He will fail if he doesn't decide to go away for a few months and get professional help and it'll be a catastrophic train wreck when it happens.

Most people close to the Mayor are expecting a more formal statement to be made on Monday. I doubt he's learned anything since Towhey's departure and I don't envy Provost's job right now. Ford didn't listen to Towhey, he's not going to listen to Provost. Expect Monday's statement to be something that was written today at their family meeting.

Are the Fords doing their radio show on Sunday? If so, why wouldn't he make his statement then? It seems kinda odd that he would go on the radio and speak and THEN give a statement on Monday.

There's not only a sextape. Apparently the girl appears to be disturbingly young. Maybe this was why Ford freaked when he lost his phone--this video was on it.

I haven't heard anything related to the girl's age but the circulating info makes it sound like it was filmed without his knowledge so I don't think it was on his phone.

MM, from what you've heard, what's your best guess on how the next few days and weeks might play out?

Are the Fords doing their radio show on Sunday? If so, why wouldn't he make his statement then? It seems kinda odd that he would go on the radio and speak and THEN give a statement on Monday.

They said on CityNews tonight that the radio show was scheduled to go ahead this weekend

Mark Towhey is also hosting his own radio show for the month of November on Newstalk1010 at 3pm on Sundays directly after the Ford show. Some awkward moments in the hallways perhaps...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back