5.1K     6 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 2K     3 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 714     1 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can I ask a dumb question? So this morning RoFo's lawyer said he has seen the video, but that Rob is not smoking crack. Ok, so until Oct 29th, the video was deleted on a hard drive...and according to ford and his lawyer the video did not exist. So one would presume that Rofo nor his lawyer had seen it, cause it did not exist to them. Blair says they recovered it on the 29th. They charge Lisi on the 31st. The do not charge Rob. If this video was non-existent until the 29th in the minds of RoFo and his lawyer....how did they get a copy? Did Blair release it to RoFo's lawyer? Why? Lisi is being charged no Rofo, so Lisi's lawyer should see it, but would that not be AFTER the charges have been laid? Since Rofo has not been charged, and will not be charged, why was the video released to his lawyer?

OR did Rofo and the lawyer see it while the extortion play was going down...and in their own little way they have screwed up?

Or I could be dumb...

and-all-this-time-ive-been-smoking-harmless-tobacco-possibly-the-only-legal-thing-mr-burns-has-ever-done.jpg

"And all this time I've been smoking harmless tobacco!"

Smoking pot in a pipe and lighting it from underneath does not work. Ford Nation probably is unaware of that therefore they will buy the "it was just pot" defense.

Ya, I think Doug is fully expecting to slide into the Mayor role and has actually been waiting for this opportunity.

It is the only thing that would explain his demeanor in these insane times for his brother.

Smoking pot in a pipe and lighting it from underneath does not work. Ford Nation probably is unaware of that therefore they will buy the "it was just pot" defense.

Yupp. You're not trying to melt/liquefy anything when you're smoking pot, you're trying to burn it, hence not putting the fire under the freaking glass.

He isn't. There are a lot of stories of Doug doing coke with Rob, some specifically from their big Bier Market escapade.

I would be lying to say I took the information provided to me at anything more than face value because he doesn't seem as screwed up as his brother. I know he takes up for his brother. It was framed in the context of me asking "Why doesn't the family get this guy (Rob) some help or are they all messed up?" and that was essentially the reply.

Can I ask a dumb question? So this morning RoFo's lawyer said he has seen the video, but that Rob is not smoking crack. Ok, so until Oct 29th, the video was deleted on a hard drive...and according to ford and his lawyer the video did not exist. So one would presume that Rofo nor his lawyer had seen it, cause it did not exist to them. Blair says they recovered it on the 29th. They charge Lisi on the 31st. The do not charge Rob. If this video was non-existent until the 29th in the minds of RoFo and his lawyer....how did they get a copy? Did Blair release it to RoFo's lawyer? Why? Lisi is being charged no Rofo, so Lisi's lawyer should see it, but would that not be AFTER the charges have been laid? Since Rofo has not been charged, and will not be charged, why was the video released to his lawyer?

OR did Rofo and the lawyer see it while the extortion play was going down...and in their own little way they have screwed up?

Or I could be dumb...

The Ford lawyer didn't claim to have seen the video. Just claimed that Rob Ford was smoking something other than crack in the video.

James D:

At this point why do we even care about converting that 25% of the population? I am more interested in chasing them away from the city and get them to live in Vaughan instead.

AoD

So not fair to Vaughan.

The influence peddling/corruption angle would make a lot of things make more sense. As the details started coming out yesterday, my first reaction was, yes, it's really bad that Ford was getting wasted on the job, hanging out with lowlifes, etc., but at the same time it all sounded like small-time stuff. Hardly worth a months-long investigation and untold hours of manpower. Why would six-man surveillance teams be needed to confirm that the mayor likes to skip off work and drink Purple Jesuses, lost his cellphone like a moron, and wishes he was a tough guy? Even the sale of the crack video phone would be a very minor crime, seen in that light. Yes, the video would be damning for the mayor, but TPS must have known they wouldn't be able to make a drug charge stick to Ford based on the video. And if all they wanted to do was nail him for drugs, they had ample opportunity with all those clumsy drop-offs.

I've read many ITOs and other disclosure materials over the years, and I have always been struck at how bumbling and penny-ante the criminals and the cops come across in these documents. The first few I read, I was eagerly anticipating a Raskolnikov-Petrovich cat-and-mouse thriller, and instead it was like watching small children play tag. I recall one drug operation against a nightclub. The club was known for having problems with its weekly "reggae night". The TPA assembled an undercover team of black and indian officers from across the province to avoid recognition. They showed up the first time all decked out in suitable attire for a "reggae night", but they picked the wrong night. It turned out to be "gay night". As if seeking to compund their error, after initially stopping at the door to reconsider attending "gay night", they decided to go in and stay, which I'm sure was very inconspicuous. On the second or third visit, one of the undercovers was recognized by an acquaintance from high school, who correctly identified him and knew that he had become a cop. The undercover reports that he denied being that person and was not believed.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toron...or-once-eager-federal-conservatives-1.2307414

While most Conservatives stayed mum on the subject of Ford, one Conservative MP from Brampton-Springdale told reporters in Ottawa that he supported the Toronto mayor.

Rob Ford is a great mayor, I support him," Parm Gill told reporters after question period on Thursday. "I think he's doing a wonderful job. I know people in Toronto are very happy with the way he's running the city. I look forward to working with him.

What, does this guy owe Ford money? Did he lose a bet? What would possess someone to tie themselves to a sinking ship?

Give the man a break. If he's a GTA conservative politician, chances are he's been on a bender for 2 days and hasn't had time to read the news.

He lost. F*ck the way anything looks. The Star should sue him for every dime, while sane Toronto conservatives figure out how to fix the enormous damage Ford has wrought.

Yes, yes and yes.

I would be lying to say I took the information provided to me at anything more than face value because he doesn't seem as screwed up as his brother. I know he takes up for his brother. It was framed in the context of me asking "Why doesn't the family get this guy (Rob) some help or are they all messed up?" and that was essentially the reply.

I know someone married into the Ford family... AWKS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back