1.6K     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.2K     1 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 459     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know if you noticed, but he's been a city councillor for 20 years. Do you really think he held the job for so long because he dislikes the City of Toronto? You really think he's happy for the City that this shit is happening?

Yes! He must be over the moon with this news!

Why does this always have to be a left vs. right thing with you?

You know I've typically voted on the conservative side of centre, but I can at least recognize when a person is not the right person for the position, regardless of what "side" they're on.

Have a mind of your own for once. You don't have to blindly stick to him just because he's a "rightie".

Last edited:
Peepers:

And why shouldn't he be? Are you suggesting that we should be celebrating the fact that we have a crack-smoking moron Epsilon minus as a mayor instead?

AoD

Uh - why? Unless you think he's been a councillor for twenty years because he hates the city, there is no logic to this.
You really think the worst about people, don't you? If he's happy about anything, it's that the Mayor is closer to being exposed and/or resigning (or being forced to resign). But it's still terrible for the city and it should pain anyone that cares one iota about the city, that it has come to this and that this is our mayor.

"There have been allegations leveled against me, unfortunately I can't defend myself as its before the courts. I have no reason to resign, I'm going to go out and do what I was elected to do and that is to save money for the taxpayers" - Rob Ford's statement this afternoon following the release of most of "Project Brazen 2" court documents this morning, and Metro Toronto Police Chief Bill Blair's statement at 11:30am re: the recovery of the Mayor's crack smoking video (where he also hurls racist and homophobic remarks).

I think every Councillor should send out a robocall to the residents in their Wards expressing their disgust with what the Mayor has done, his lies, and his state of denial. Fairs fair!

Yeah, makes sense that the law would require a much higher standard for preventing changes the original evidence. What I described would be okay for recovering someone's funny cat pics (on the cheap), but not for recovering evidence to be used in a criminal trial.

The interesting upshot of this in criminal cases is that (as it was explained to me...) the whole thing about overwriting things x times with random information isn't necessary. The reason you need to overwrite all those times is that it's said to be possible to get info by opening up the physical device and looking at the residual magnetic whosamacallits to figure out what was once there. Ignoring the fact that it's apparently not really possible to do that anymore on modern drives because of the data density, it also means that you've changed up the drive enough that you can no longer use it as evidence.

And the problem with blind partisanship rears it's ugly head.

Supporting a politician no matter what they do is bad for democracy. Turning everything into a left vs right problem firstly divides us, and secondly allows politicians of all stripes to take advantage of us.

If you can still call Ford honest after all of the repeated examples of him lying, I seriously question your understanding of the word honest. If you scream about McGuinty but can't seem to muster any criticism for the CPC or Rob Ford then you have no credibility in your criticisms of McGuinty (which is a shame since they are deserved). This isn't a sporting event where you keep on cheering for you team no matter how poorly they perform, this is about the well being of our country, our province and our city. This shouldn't be about sides.

Peepers:

And why shouldn't he be? Are you suggesting that we should be celebrating the fact that we have a crack-smoking moron Epsilon minus as a mayor instead?

AoD

I agree he should be celebrating that's why I think it is disingenuous for him to say this saga "pains him". He is a phony.

Supporting a politician no matter what they do is bad for democracy. Turning everything into a left vs right problem firstly divides us, and secondly allows politicians of all stripes to take advantage of us.

Exactly. This is why the way I vote depends on the issue at hand, not by which "wing" the person who brought it forward identifies with.

Do what's best for the city, not what is blue or red (or orange or green).

Ford won't resign. Well...

Is there anybody here who thought he would? This guy has no shame whatsoever. He also lacks a clearly functioning brain, so he can't see the damage he is doing to himself. He obviously thinks this will all fade away and be forgotten by election time.

Peepers:

Actually of all the councillors I think Mihevc has a good claim on this whole pain thing, considering his background - and if you want to call someone phony, let me put it this way - it never kept you from supporting those who are obviously so, so long as they align with your interests.

AoD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back