News   Jun 28, 2024
 2K     3 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 691     1 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don Peat ‏@reporterdonpeat 1m
"I think he should step aside ... I think he has been lying to a lot of people" Cllr Gloria Lindsay Luby on Rob Ford #TOpoli

Am I right in thinking that what was released this morning is not all the evidence? That there's more to come?

Is Blair possibly saying there is nothing on which to base charges against Ford at the moment (implying that there may be something later)?

As for the warrant not covering Ford's house, could it be that the cops either a) determined that Ford was careful not to do anything suspicious/illicit at home or b) concluded that they wouldn't be able to get one without evidence found using the warrant they used to get this batch of evidence?

Don't forget about the wiretaps that are still under wraps. I expect to hear Ford on them, ordering drugs.

From a source who's been generally right about things thus far.

"wait until you see the other video from that night where he gets a handjob from an under 18 year old girl"

I have recovered deleted files myself using free software. Anyone can do it. Where it can get tricky is if data has been overwritten but this does not seem to be the case here because they would not have a video to look at.

You conveniently didn't bold "Getting the video was likely a part of that long and diligent process." Did you just stop reading after the first sentence? Can you say with certainty where "finding the supposed crack video" fell on the priority list of the entire operation, which collected hundreds of computers/cameras/phones/etc?

Like many of you, I am very interested to see what is actually on that video. Is there any report of when it will be released?

"wait until you see the other video from that night where he gets a handjob from an under 18 year old girl"
Oh, I really hope that isn't true because a) the poor girl, and b) the visual is disgusting.

Wait that's disgusting - how isn't he charged yet is my question!

That kinda stuff is immediate arrest. I don't understand how the police don't have enough evidence to convict further...

Just sitting here, hitting refresh, with the biggest goddamn grin. Hizzonor is about to learn a truism taught to me years ago by my mother: "There are no rewards or punishments, only consequences."

It couldn't have taken that long. If I remember correctly, the way Windows "deletes" files is by prefixing a special character (I believe an upside down $) onto the file name. This tells the operating system to hide the file from the user and makes the space used by the file available to the operating system to be overwritten. There are a number of free utilities that can very quickly scan the drive for "deleted" files marked by the special character. It would only take a few minutes to recover in the best of circumstances and potentially a few days if the file was corrupted or had missing pieces.

If the owner of the file were smart he would have deleted the file by overwriting the section of the hard drive with random data several times. There are free utilities that do this and it would make recovery nearly impossible.

Just a couple of things.
1) I believe when doing forensic recovery every step of the process has to be documented so what the TPS had to do to recover should be revealed in court.
2) We don't know the state of the drives. Whether the drive was formatted, physical damage, file was simply deleted etc.
3) We don't know if the TPS forensic team had a backlog of other cases that they had to complete before taking a look at these ones.

That kinda stuff is immediate arrest. I don't understand how the police don't have enough evidence to convict further...

Maybe because it's not true? I'd believe just about anything to do with the mayor and drugs/alcohol but this still seems pretty farfetched for him.

You conveniently didn't bold "Getting the video was likely a part of that long and diligent process." Did you just stop reading after the first sentence? Can you say with certainty where "finding the supposed crack video" fell on the priority list of the entire operation, which collected hundreds of computers/cameras/phones/etc?

I doubt they seized "hundreds" of computers and phones. Also they probably had a good idea of which computer contained the video.

It seems like it's way too premature to talk about intricate multi-level TPS conspiracies while this process is still unfolding.

If they did only get the videos a couple of days ago maybe they'd have to verify that she is, indeed, underage. Who knows? It could be a bunch of BS, but this guy has known some things before they came out.

EDIT: I misunderstood. I'm told there is a video out there of this, but the TPS don't have it...yet.

Just need to get this off my chest: Joe Warmington, Sue Ann Levy, Giorgio Mammoliti, Doug Holiday and most of all Doug Ford....f* all of you for enabling this very sick, addicted man and putting Toronto through misery for your narrow minded agenda.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back